East-West Shrine Game

Birdmahn

Anybody watch this game with QB Josh Johnson playing for the West? He's looks like another Vick, but maybe smarter and a better passer. They said he could go in the 2nd or 3rd round and possibly be the steal of the draft. I know many here would not be pleased with another running QB. He did look pretty good with his decision making though.

For all the homers, the Dawgs Thomas Brown had a decent game. I think he may catch on at the next level.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to post the same thing about Josh Johnson. This would put us in position to draft OL or DL in the first and second.

Gotta get a running back somewhere so we can be balanced.

This time around we have to have players throughout and not be totally dependant on one person....like we were when Jamaal Anderson was playing in 98. Then again, when he went down we were done/Dunn.

Thats my though!

Birdmahn (1/19/2008)
Yeah Boyd played and scored a TD!

I admit to being a Gamecock homer. I know, it's a tough desiese and we're trying to find a cure every day. But Boyd is going to end up shocking people in the NFL. I mean along the lines of the kid up in GB who's running wild now or possibly in line with one of our old hero's Willaim Andrews. He's not the bruiser that Willaim was but I think he's going to be a serious contributor for many years in the NFL. If he goes in the 3rd, then whoever gets him will have gotten a steal. I think he's every bit as good as Rice from Rutgers and I know many people here will laugh at that.

Vicious (1/19/2008)
The thing about Johnson is his very last resource is to run. He looks down every receiver and if nothing is there he has the athleticism to run. He looked pretty good.

If we notice him on this board, and the scouts were all there, I'd say he won't last into the 3rd.

cblack (1/19/2008)
deester11 (1/19/2008)
You don't Budweiserr....but I want another Vick. Without the animals that is.

I second...........without him the conniption you guys are throwing now would have started 4 or 5 years ago. ;)

cblack with Lamont...that's too funny! :D

Don't worry. If this team got JJ, there would be a more of the same idiotic posts about his ability to be a qb.

Josh Johnson is a very good QB. He has a great feel for the game, and he has excellent passing stats. He's a pass first and run as last option kind of QB. He throws can vary from a touch fade pass like the one he did to the back corner of the endzone today in the East West Shrine Game to laser passes that are "catchable."

I was researching about him last week and he would be an excellent third round pick, but watch him rise in to the 2nd as the weeks to the nfl draft arrives.

Only thing bad about the kid is that he will need to bulk up a little bit more to be not so fragile. He seems undersized. He didn't say "You know" through the 5-6 interviews he has done. He is well spoken and seems quite intelligent.

falconchef (1/19/2008)
I'm pretty sure we alraedy have a JJ on our team, only his name is DJ (Shockley, that is).

PS... Who on this board DIDN"T know there would be umpteen posts about Josh Johnson after watching him play today!!??

I guess everyone can't know as much as you home slice.

JJ is taller than DJ which means a lot in the NFL...and he's a better runner.