Wow, Josh Johnson looking impressive...

halsey

You are SO very right Halsey. I had not had a chance to see Josh Johnson play but a few guys like Scrappy kept talking about him and saying how good he was.

He certainly looked impressive tonight. I would assume that his draft stock has risen some but hopefully it didn't put him too far up to the point where we might not draft him.

I would really like to see him in a Falcons uniform.

busboyisback (1/19/2008)
I'll never understand why people have a problem with the way an athlete articulates.

Sure as **** doesn't help Joey Harrington

How someone speaks is a sign of how aware they are of the importance of communication skills. Not being able to articulate sure didn't help Vick.

halsey (1/19/2008)
Josh Johnson seems like the type of kid who paid attention in school while Vick was probably the type of kid who sat in the back, didn't pay attention and daydreamed about smoking , dog fighting and pimpin ho's.

:laugh: Nah man, he wasn't day dreaming about fighting dogs, he was skipping school and was actually fighting dogs.

Norwood32 (1/19/2008)
halsey (1/19/2008)
Josh Johnson seems like the type of kid who paid attention in school while Vick was probably the type of kid who sat in the back, didn't pay attention and daydreamed about smoking , dog fighting and pimpin ho's.

:laugh: Nah man, he wasn't day dreaming about fighting dogs, he was skipping school and was actually fighting dogs.

:laugh:

halsey (1/19/2008)

It's fairly obvious Josh Johnson had a little more direction in his life than Vick which is great because you hate to see players squander talent.

But I grow sick of the ridiculous notion that the way a player enunciates words has anything to do with playing sports.

If you are a play by play announcer, well that's a different story. That job is pretty much a direct reflection of your grasp of speech.

Football? Sounds like people have ulterior motives cause it clearly has little or no bearing.

busboyisback (1/19/2008)

It's fairly obvious Josh Johnson had a little more direction in his life than Vick which is great because you hate to see players squander talent.

But I grow sick of the ridiculous notion that the way a player enunciates words has anything to do with playing sports.

If you are a play by play announcer, well that's a different story. That job is pretty much a direct reflection of your grasp of speech.

Football? Sounds like people have ulterior motives cause it clearly has little or no bearing.

I think he's talking about his speech as somewhat reflection of his vocal leadership. But it has nothing to do with your athletic ability, I agree with that.

DrDetecto (1/20/2008)

I think he's talking about his speech as somewhat reflection of his vocal leadership. But it has nothing to do with your athletic ability, I agree with that.

Sounds to me like false correlations.

Vocal leadership?

Yeah maybe if you are a head coach.

Playing football has little to do with the way you conjugate verbs and enunciate words.

Sounds to me like people need to get off their soap boxes and put things in their proper perspective. Just like the people who complain about athletes celebrating in the endzone.

Put things in perspective and realize that football is a game meant for ENTERTAINMENT serving to help people temporarily escape from the harsh realities of life, and those celebrations should be a reflection of that.

grendel (1/20/2008)

It reflects on the type of people you hang out with and how important education is to you. When someone sounds like a fool who can't speak english, I assume they're a fool.

The Pats have the highest percentage of college graduates on their team... coincidence? Smart people make fewer dumb decisions.

So now the Pats win Super Bowls because their players have bachelor degrees.

Just when you thought you heard it all.