Mike Vick 3.0 is....

Gimmesomo

He really is like an updated version of Michael Vick (sorry Mike): a bit taller, a step slower but just as agile, a bit less arm strength but more accurate even throwing the deep ball, better throwing mechanics, better decision making, better poise, and ready to be groomed into a team-leader. (Although i earnestly wonder if Mike's left a bad taste in Blank's mouth about drafting an african american qb)....i was probably one of the first people to mention him on these boards and i'm standing by 'em...The comparison to Tavaris Jackson is laughable at best...If you didnt watch 'em tonight you missed it!!! A GUY DOESN"T THROW 43 TDs & 1 INT ON ACCIDENT!!!

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Oakland, CA

High School:

Oakland Tech

Height / Weight:

6-3 / 200

Position:

QB

Birthdate:

05/15/1986

Experience:

3V

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...oshjohnson.html

Gimmesomo (1/19/2008)
He really is like an updated version of Michael Vick (sorry Mike): a bit taller, a step slower but just as agile, a bit less arm strength but more accurate even throwing the deep ball, better throwing mechanics, better decision making, better poise, and ready to be groomed into a team-leader. (Although i earnestly wonder if Mike's left a bad taste in Blank's mouth about drafting an african american qb)....i was probably one of the first people to mention him on these boards and i'm standing by 'em...The comparison to Tavaris Jackson is laughable at best...If you didnt watch 'em tonight you missed it!!! A GUY DOESN"T THROW 43 TDs & 1 INT ON ACCIDENT!!!

"Although i earnestly wonder if Mike's left a bad taste in Blank's mouth about drafting an african american qb"

So should every Jew ( Blank is jewish) be at becuz one jew makes a mistake?

GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)
Legion (1/19/2008)
give me Brennen. Dixon, or Johnson and we're good

brennAn sucks. dixon and johnson needed to add 20lbs before i like either of them. i like Booty.

i do not mind johnson or dixon, but they need to add weight.

All three makes more sense in the 3rd to 5th round rather than reaching and not taking a lineman.

AkCraigg (1/19/2008)
Nice Vick 3.0 you say? Where do I sign up. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we just want history to repeat itself. We celebrate mediocrity.:w00t:

Any idiot worth his weight can see YKW wasn't the issue. He had problems...but why do we have a new GM and now searching for a new coach. Please!

Legion (1/19/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)
Legion (1/19/2008)

brennAn sucks. dixon and johnson needed to add 20lbs before i like either of them. i like Booty.

All three makes more sense in the 3rd to 5th round rather than reaching and not taking a lineman.

true that, but you have to look at Booty also, because he is actually really good.

but we do need DL in 1st OL in 2nd.

GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)

true that, but you have to look at Booty also, because he is actually really good.

Booty may not be better than his brother Josh.

He played for a loaded USC team and his numbers pale in comparison to Leinart.

He's more Salisbury than he is Leinart/Palmer

He's one of the guys who will by default be ranked higher than Johnson but I wouldn't take him.

busboyisback (1/19/2008)
GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)

Booty may not be better than his brother Josh.

He played for a loaded USC team and his numbers pale in comparison to Leinart.

He's more Salisbury than he is Leinart/Palmer

He's one of the guys who will by default be ranked higher than Johnson but I wouldn't take him.

both palmer and leinart had better talent when they where at usc.

dan minnich (1/19/2008)

The cupboards aren't exactly bare at USC.

Booty still has a better supporting cast than any top QB prospect in the draft with the exception of Chad Henne of course. Manningham, Arrington, Hart, and Long.

Can you say lots of help?

That's another guy Im not too high on

busboyisback (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/19/2008)

Booty still has a better supporting cast than any top QB prospect in the draft with the exception of Chad Henne of course. Manningham, Arrigton, Hart, and Long.

without looking it up, name a usc wr other than fred davis(who is a te)

dan minnich (1/20/2008)
busboyisback (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/19/2008)

Booty still has a better supporting cast than any top QB prospect in the draft with the exception of Chad Henne of course. Manningham, Arrigton, Hart, and Long.

##### i cant name any player on the offense besides booty at USC right now.

i know some players on the D, but thats it. they are mostly a team that has players, but this year has been a year full of average players working together, and players have gotten hurt.

GEORGIAfan (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/20/2008)
busboyisback (1/20/2008)
dan minnich (1/19/2008)

##### i cant name any player on the offense besides booty at USC right now.

i know some players on the D, but thats it. they are mostly a team that has players, but this year has been a year full of average players working together, and players have gotten hurt.

i agree with you and minnich. matt and carson had much better players than booty did at sc.

Gimmesomo (1/19/2008)

A step slower? Dude ran the 40 in 4.75 seconds .... mmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaahahaaaaaaa

Class:

Senior

Hometown:

Oakland, CA

High School:

Oakland Tech

Height / Weight:

6-3 / 200

Position:

QB

Birthdate:

05/15/1986

Experience:

3V

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...oshjohnson.html

GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)
Legion (1/19/2008)

I'm sure you love booty.

Sorry GA fan, you set yourself up for that one.

GEORGIAfan (1/19/2008)
Legion (1/19/2008)
give me

i like Booty.

I do too...LOL! We need a forum for just ***** ******* ****** *******! Just kidding!

I'd rather have Henne than Booty though. He has done it longer than Booty. Booty is just the next USC QB. Not that it is a bad thing. The last Michigan QB to make a big splash is still undefeated with a chance at a 4th Super Bowl. John Navarre doesn't count. LOL!

I watched the Shrine game tonight and the guy looked good. He's not the typical running QB that most people think about. He made some good decisions with the ball and even when rolling out of the pocket he was still looking to pass. The QB I was really impressed with was Paul Smith from Tulsa. That guy can throw it and his mobility is not bad either.

AkCraigg (1/19/2008)
Nice Vick 3.0 you say? Where do I sign up. I think I speak for all of us when I say that we just want history to repeat itself. We celebrate mediocrity.:w00t:

uh.....3.0.....it means better...duh...:crazy: anyhow...i like JDB too man i ain't gone lie but with his upside it's pretty clear he has limitations coupled with the fact that the organization is desperate to find playmakers whether in free agency or the draft a stud like Josh Johnson in the 3rd is like be able to get Vince Young in the 3rd!!! I'm really not gone be surprised if somebody takes a chance in the 2nd to scoop him up...guys who don't really know about 'em think oh a guy like will still be available in the 5th or 6th Round....U'CRAZY!!!...look at the kid's poise! if Tavaris Jackson went in the 2nd Round last year do you really think he'll last past the 3rd!!! I bet after he runs his 40 in 4.46+ his stock'll jump stupid.......maybe even over Booty...

bigduke633 (1/20/2008)
I thought you were going to say you would turn him into a slot receiver.Can he make all the throws?How long will he take to develop?Dont we have a similiar guy in DJ?

Can he make all the throws?] yes: what they haven't mentioned is his incredible poise and his ability to go through almost ALL his reads in a matter of seconds, he throws the ball with accuracy and touch almost to the point were he floats the ball when his has the time and capability to zip them, him seems to throw floaters towards the mid-seams and zips out-route passes and crossing routes, deep balls he puts great touch on as long as he's in sync with the receiver

How long will he take to develop?] They asked this exact question to the scouts at the Shrine Bowl and you could tell that he wanted to say "one season" almost immediately but the other scout kinda calmed him down and said "well one to two seasons" his ability to run (when it's the best time to run, something Vick didn't seem to ever learn consistently) they say boosts his ability to start sooner

Dont we have a similar guy in DJ?] yes: thing is D.J. has gone through what 3 coaching changes? all with different philosophies and different playbooks, he definitely has the ability to make it do what it do unfortunately the opportunity's eluded him like a 2nd string spot on a pro football roster..........long story short he's gonna have to do MORE! and be MORE! than what he was to have a chance at leading this franchise