Does everyone understand that Vick wasn't the only one fighting dogs..

birdweiserrr

Does everyone remember when it was talked about that 4 Falcons players and/or coaches would be called to testify to the Grand Jury about Vick's dog fighting habits? Did everyone forget about the the big dollars that these dog fights were bringing in? Is everyone here smart enough to know that you don't bet 20,000.00 on a dog fight if you're working at McDonalds?

I want everyone to know that Vick isn't and wasn't the only NFL player fighting dogs. He was just one of the dumber ones that got caught. Don't ever think he was the only Falcon involved. Who were the other 4 players or coaches that would have been called to testify?

Yeah I know it's easier to turn the other way and act like it didn't happen, but you can't run from the truth. There are other dog fighters on the Falcons roster and Blank and McKay know exactly who it is. What are they gonna do about it? Are they gonna look the other way like they did with Vick until it is too late? Or are they gonna try to right this ship and get rid of the bad apples?

This will be the most telling part of Blank's ownership IMO. If Blank wants these types of players on this team, than he as the owner has that right. I, as a fan, don't have to be a part of it. I'm more than interested with this years trades/releases/contract extensions, etc. We all know what we know and to think we're dumb enough to forget is mind boggling.

I want Blank to clean the image of this team up and put a class team on the field. I don't want to be a part of a team of thugs.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloodhoundz Reborn (1/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
I don't want to be a part of a team of thugs.

Last time I checked your name wasn't on the roster. :ermm:

I'm not gonna laugh at you because you're probably not smart enough to know that without fans there wouldn't be a team.

If you are smart enough to know that, this post really confuses me.

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
I don't want to be a part of a team of thugs.

Last time I checked your name wasn't on the roster. :ermm:

I'm not gonna laugh at you because you're probably not smart enough to know that without fans there wouldn't be a team.

If you are smart enough to know that, this post really confuses me.

Nah, I'm smart enough to know that all you do is whine like a big baby. Usually your whining is pointless too especially you throwing the thug word around in just about every thread.

I know football games are on Sundays, but we're not trying to run a Christian organization here. It's not like church where you got to confess to Arthur Blank about every misdeed you did. There's no reason for Blank to go find which players are clean and which ones aren't when other teams aren't doing that either. Falcons players aren't the only ones that dogfight. Why shoot yourself in the leg and get rid of your good players when other teams aren't wasting their time on stupid stuff like this.

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
Does everyone remember when it was talked about that 4 Falcons players and/or coaches would be called to testify to the Grand Jury about Vick's dog fighting habits? Did everyone forget about the the big dollars that these dog fights were bringing in? Is everyone here smart enough to know that you don't bet 20,000.00 on a dog fight if you're working at McDonalds?

I want everyone to know that Vick isn't and wasn't the only NFL player fighting dogs. He was just one of the dumber ones that got caught. Don't ever think he was the only Falcon involved. Who were the other 4 players or coaches that would have been called to testify?

Yeah I know it's easier to turn the other way and act like it didn't happen, but you can't run from the truth. There are other dog fighters on the Falcons roster and Blank and McKay know exactly who it is. What are they gonna do about it? Are they gonna look the other way like they did with Vick until it is too late? Or are they gonna try to right this ship and get rid of the bad apples?

This will be the most telling part of Blank's ownership IMO. If Blank wants these types of players on this team, than he as the owner has that right. I, as a fan, don't have to be a part of it. I'm more than interested with this years trades/releases/contract extensions, etc. We all know what we know and to think we're dumb enough to forget is mind boggling.

I want Blank to clean the image of this team up and put a class team on the field. I don't want to be a part of a team of thugs.

"team of thugs" define thug! i didn't know we had robbers, killers (humans), and gang members on the team..even the bengals don't have those and half of that team has been to jail

I cannot believe that you believe that Blank and McKay are aware that there are still players on this team that fight dogs. If they had a clue that something like that was happening they would surely contact NFL security and get them started on an investigation. They've seen how ugly it can get when one of their players is caught up in dog fighting and they know that the NFL will crack down on anyone who participates in such an event either actively or by keeping the names private.

The NFL would force Blank to sell the team if it were proven that he allowed something like this to go on with his knowledge.

xnex (1/19/2008)
I cannot believe that you believe that Blank and McKay are aware that there are still players on this team that fight dogs. If they had a clue that something like that was happening they would surely contact NFL security and get them started on an investigation. They've seen how ugly it can get when one of their players is caught up in dog fighting and they know that the NFL will crack down on anyone who participates in such an event either actively or by keeping the names private.

The NFL would force Blank to sell the team if it were proven that he allowed something like this to go on with his knowledge.

So you believe Vick is the only NFL player, or Falcon player, that was fighting dogs?

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
xnex (1/19/2008)

So you believe Vick is the only NFL player, or Falcon player, that was fighting dogs?

Nope, but it's not Blank's job to go find every player that has dogfighted before. That's up to the commissioner and the law enforcements.

raven reborn (1/19/2008)

Nah, I'm smart enough to know that all you do is whine like a big baby. Usually your whining is pointless too especially you throwing the thug word around in just about every thread.

HI BLOODHOUNDZ

WHERE U BEEN

I have been reading the boards just not posting much. I just started back school.:D

A Vick Supporter post. There are a lot of past NFL players that were involve in dog fighting. Are you saying all of them belong to the Falcons? Are you saying we bred dog fighter and thug? Or are you trying to run the Falcons out of town?

Every teams at some point has a players or two that are in trouble with the laws.

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
xnex (1/19/2008)

I believe that Vick was/is the only one that Arthur knows about. I also think that Blank would have made it abundantly clear after this story broke that anyone in his organization participating in such an even had better quit immediately or be prepared to deal with the consequences.

I don't think it was one of those "wink wink" deals either where Arthur knows that someone was doint it and basically agree to keep his head in the sand. I just can't believe that. If it is true then I hope someone can prove it and get him out of Atlanta.

raven reborn (1/19/2008)

HI BLOODHOUNDZ

WHERE U BEEN

I have been reading the boards just not posting much. I just started back school.:D

You smiling about school? You a NERD or something?? :D:D

somecut8 (1/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
xnex (1/19/2008)

Nope, but it's not Blank's job to go find every player that has dogfighted before. That's up to the commissioner and the law enforcements.

Trust me, there were 4 Falcon players or coaches that would have been called to testify against Vick to the Grand Jury. We never learned who those 4 were did we? Why do you think we didn't hear their names? My guess? I believe they knew Vick was fighting dogs and were probably involved in it too but prosecutors didn't have enough hard evidence to convict them. Don't act like this was never known, it was.

If these people had only heard about Vick fighting dogs, how could they be called to testify? "Yeah yo honah, we heared Vick talk about fighting dogs." Thats not gonna happen. There was evidence, but not enough to get them convicted, that they were also involved in Vicks dog fighting gang.

I don't care if you believe me or not. A little common sense is all I ask.

boss hogg (1/19/2008)

Is that a cocker spaniel? I get confused :w00t:

deangelo.jpg

And of course every person or player who own Pitt's also fight them as well right? No one owns them and takes care of them like people do with other breeds, huh?

xnex (1/19/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
xnex (1/19/2008)

I believe that Vick was/is the only one that Arthur knows about. I also think that Blank would have made it abundantly clear after this story broke that anyone in his organization participating in such an even had better quit immediately or be prepared to deal with the consequences.

I don't think it was one of those "wink wink" deals either where Arthur knows that someone was doint it and basically agree to keep his head in the sand. I just can't believe that. If it is true then I hope someone can prove it and get him out of Atlanta.

Dude can you find an article where it mention the " 4 players or coaches" that were suppose to be testfy against Vick? Last time I check it was the other 4 defendant. Vick's cousin.

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)

Well, kick rocks then! Get to steppin'! Beat it! We don't needs snobs like you cheering for our team.

Riggghht. Blank didn't have anything to do with Vick's weed bottle at the airport either.

Dude can you find an article where it mention the " 4 players or coaches" that were suppose to be testfy against Vick? Last time I check it was the other 4 defendant. Vick's cousin.

There also is the possibility that Vick will choose to go to trial, which is set for Nov. 26. Should Vick go to trial, Blank said he is aware that several current players could be called to testify.

"I don't know if we received any formal notification but we have heard that several players could have been called in or still might if it ends up going to trial. I don't have any facts on that."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...blank_0818.html

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
We're talking pools around 20,000.00. These guys weren't working at Wal-Mart.

Well I'm sure that others who are bigtime into the dog fighting scene can also afford to wager $20,000 on a fight as well. But just because Vick agreed to wager $20,000 that doesn't mean that everyone there was wagering the same amount. There could have been 50 people there betting $100 each.

I get what you're aiming at and to a degree I agree that it's logical to believe that there are some very wealthy individuals betting on those fights. But if you read your local newspaper regularly you will no doubt read stories where drug dealers are busted with many thousands of dollars in their pocket. Heck even in my pissant town there's stories about cops radiing houses and finding 10-20 thousand dollars hidden in the house. Those types of thugs can't really go to their local bank and deposit all that cash but they certainly have it on hand.