Whats with the 01 draft?

abe55

Gees drop it, you little prannies and move on. Vick was a good pick and you all can see the difference without him. And wouldnt we have picked up an offensive lineman with that pick? one who turned out to be a bust? so stop taking the ##### on Mckay and get over it. Jamaal Andersen haters also need to lighten up too, i bet these are the same wankers that knocked on Roddy White.

Gees drop it, you little prannies and move on. Vick was a good pick and you all can see the difference without him. And wouldnt we have picked up an offensive lineman with that pick? one who turned out to be a bust? so stop taking the ##### on Mckay and get over it. Jamaal Andersen haters also need to lighten up too, i bet these are the same wankers that knocked on Roddy White.

I dont know what a prannie is but I for one am an advocate for Jamaal Anderson and have been a Roddy fan. That said I also was not for the Vick pick in '01 BUT, I still supported him, bought his gear and cheered him on when he played.

After all that has happened, I can also say that he is where he belongs right now.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/19/2008)
Haters can't stand the fact the #7 is still #1 in the hearts and minds of most Falcons fans.

Don't get it confused. Vick is still #1 in the hearts of Vick fans. Falcon fans don't give a **** about the loser. He owes us 19 million dollars that we could use to improve the team. Of course the Vick fans don't care anything about that.

As far as Falcon drafts go, it was as successful as any. Two guys went to multiple probowls, even if one of them is in prison where he belongs and the other's totally incompetent now. The only player in the top 10 that was a better choice than Vick was, of course, Tomlinson, he would have been the best player, no question, but we would not have taken LT, no team in our position would have taken LT other than San Diego, who clearly reached for a guy with no experience running inside or catching the ball. LT was the one guy you see every few drafts that does best in a role completely different from what he had in college, he was not a top 5 prospect because he was undersized and totally untested as a workhorse inside runner. We would have almost certainly taken Kenyatta Walker, who was a miserable bust.

abe55 (1/19/2008)

I appreciate your post but Roddy isnt Randy Moss or anything relax bro he had his first year where he didn't look like a huge joke.

Let's please not forget we would have been in the playoffs last year if Roddy would have caught even half of Vicks passes he dropped.

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/19/2008)
Haters can't stand the fact the #7 is still #1 in the hearts and minds of most Falcons fans.

Don't get it confused. Vick is still #1 in the hearts of Vick fans. Falcon fans don't give a **** about the loser. He owes us 19 million dollars that we could use to improve the team. Of course the Vick fans don't care anything about that.

He owes you jack. Get over yourself. If this team continues to struggle by the time Vick gets out, don't be surprised by how many Falcons fans will want him back. Pride, dignity and character are great, but don't mean much when you're losing.

He owes you jack. Get over yourself. If this team continues to struggle by the time Vick gets out, don't be surprised by how many Falcons fans will want him back. Pride, dignity and character are great, but don't mean much when you're losing.

Pride, dignity and character mean everything, especially when losing. Give me an entire team who's only "superstar" is Warrick Dunn any day.

xcomm (1/19/2008)

Pride, dignity and character mean everything, especially when losing. Give me an entire team who's only "superstar" is Warrick Dunn any day.

See, I'm not the only smart poster here.

Losing is bad enough. Losing with a team of low character players is terrible.

noel47 (1/19/2008)
yea he is were he belongs in a rehab center (jail rehab center) but still he wants to get help and we wants to get back... did anyone read the letter he wrote? that stuff was DEEP! i feel sorry for the guy...
:laugh: he sounded like a child in that letter it wasn't deep at all. I felt sorry for him too but at the same time it's hard to because he did it to himself

abe55 (1/19/2008)

Oh, guess what guys?!! We also forgot to draft Tom Brady, Marques Colsten, T.J. Houzhmenzadeh, and every other good player that we could have drafted.

xcomm (1/19/2008)

Funny because I remember most MB wanted Warrick Dunn out because he couldn't play anymore. I mean if you want a team full of good character, but losers, that's fine with me. I'd much rather support a team of winners, and a team that can entertain me in a game of football, than players that say "fudge" instead of "f*ck".

Quote by somecut8

"Funny because I remember most MB wanted Warrick Dunn out because he couldn't play anymore. I mean if you want a team full of good character, but losers, that's fine with me. I'd much rather support a team of winners, and a team that can entertain me in a game of football, than players that say "fudge" instead of "f*ck".

Never wanted Dunn out of Atlanta, and if winning mean that much to you then more power to you. Ad when did anyone classify Dunn as a loser?

birdweiserrr (1/19/2008)
One of the worst drafts in franchise history. We could have saved the embarrassment by drafting Drees and Tomlinson.

Thats The Thing.....the future is a f*cking mystery you never know wtf is going to happen.....Nothing is garunteed, back then Vick was the best pick for us.....no one saw this comin so, STFU.

abe55 (1/19/2008)

I'm sure you knocked on White too before Harrington came to town. Go figure.

Telecaster (1/19/2008)
abe55 (1/19/2008)

I'm sure you knocked on White too before Harrington came to town. Go figure.

i was very critical of Roddy last year and im glad he proved me wrong. But other than last year i was very supportive and Roddy still isnt what he is but its an improvement and im happy. Same can happen with Jamaal and all other rookies. Im not saying Roddy is a beast now but he proved a lot of us wrong.