In an couple of months

fambro2004

Inside source says that the Falcons will not cut Michael Vick, and that the Blank will give him an chance to redeem himself. I'm telling you guys watch what happens. The guy put butts in the seat he's an cash cow and give us an better chance at winning. I'm telling you guys watch what I tell you. If it look like the truth, smell like the truth, then it must be the truth.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fambro2004 (1/19/2008)
Inside source says that the Falcons will not cut Michael Vick, and that the Blank will give him an chance to redeem himself. I'm telling you guys watch what happens. The guy put butts in the seat he's an cash cow and give us an better chance at winning. I'm telling you guys watch what I tell you. If it look like the truth, smell like the truth, then it must be the truth.
The haters will start flaming in 3, 2, 1.....

Call it what you wann call it dude. But hey check this out, when Vick was convicted and sentenced why didn't Mr. Blank and Falcons cut him right then and there!!!! Why dude tell me? Dude will be in an Falcon uniform again!!! Fact. This guy put butts in the seats and the Falcons will be stupid to let somebody else pick him up!!! Remember the NFL is all about the MONEY dude. Again

Because of salary cap and money issues, Vick will not be cut until June. Also, you're forgetting that he still faces charges and more possible prison time in the state of Virginia, as well as a possible suspension from the NFL once he has finished serving all of his prison time, however long that's gonna be. Dude.

fambro2004 (1/19/2008)
You can't be tried for the same crime dude. LOOK IT UP what you call it DOUBLE JEOPARDY. They want us to believe that but you can't be tried for the same crime. THE FEDERAL COURTS IS THE HIGHEST COURT OF THE LAND

Uh, it is widely know that MV will stand trial in Virginia on dog fighting charges in April. Those are STATE charges. He has already been convicted on FEDERAL charges. They are two separate entities.

Superfan "! (1/19/2008)
fambro2004 (1/19/2008)
You can't be tried for the same crime dude. LOOK IT UP what you call it DOUBLE JEOPARDY. They want us to believe that but you can't be tried for the same crime. THE FEDERAL COURTS IS THE HIGHEST COURT OF THE LAND

Uh, it is widely know that MV will stand trial in Virginia on dog fighting charges in April. Those are STATE charges. He has already been convicted on FEDERAL charges. They are two separate entities.

Animal cruelty charges. Vick has never been tried on animal cruelty charges. Sometimes, and this isn't directed at you Superfan, I feel like I'm talking to 10 year olds on here.

Superfan "! (1/19/2008)
fambro2004 (1/19/2008)

Tucker don't waste ya time on this kids don't listen when they have their minds made up :) Anyone who knows anything about he vick fiasco knows we can't cut him if we want to get that 20 mil back. We already won the 1st part and are just waiting on the final case. If we win that we get the 20 mil then can cut him no problem without a cap hit.

fambro2004 (1/19/2008)
Call it what you wann call it dude. But hey check this out, when Vick was convicted and sentenced why didn't Mr. Blank and Falcons cut him right then and there!!!! Why dude tell me? Dude will be in an Falcon uniform again!!! Fact. This guy put butts in the seats and the Falcons will be stupid to let somebody else pick him up!!! Remember the NFL is all about the MONEY dude. Again

Have you paid attention at all? The Falcons are trying to recover mega money from the guy. They can only do that if he is still on the roster. If they cut him then they get $0.00. It's not that complicated. I'm not a hater, but some of you huggers need to come to grips with reality.

fambro2004 (1/19/2008)

If it smells like lying scum, looks like lying scum, then it must be Michael Vick.

I read, or heard somewhere a while back. That the Falcons can just list him as "did not report to camp" and as an effect he would not be a hit on the salary cap so that the Falcons may just do that, that way it wont effect the cap and when/if he comes back the falcons will have rights to him and he cant just walk to another team for free with all the time and money tied up into him. I don't know if its true but it seems like I heard it on MNF or on ESPN.

Warningx13 (1/19/2008)
I read, or heard somewhere a while back. That the Falcons can just list him as "did not report to camp" and as an effect he would not be a hit on the salary cap so that the Falcons may just do that, that way it wont effect the cap and when/if he comes back the falcons will have rights to him and he cant just walk to another team for free with all the time and money tied up into him. I don't know if its true but it seems like I heard it on MNF or on ESPN.
I guess that's a possibility but I believe it's a great deal more likely that he will be cut as soon as the Falcons recover as much money from him as they can.

Even if (and it's a big if) Blank and the FO wanted this guy back his future in this league is far from being guaranteed or settled. Goodell hasn't really had to do anything beyond the early indefinite suspension in the fall of '07.....Then there's the potential gambling aspect, the now admitted marijuana use which will throw him into the league's drug program.

Man there are a whole myriad of issues that haven't been dealt with yet.

Tucker don't waste ya time on this kids don't listen when they have their minds made up :) Anyone who knows anything about he vick fiasco knows we can't cut him if we want to get that 20 mil back. We already won the 1st part and are just waiting on the final case. If we win that we get the 20 mil then can cut him no problem without a cap hit.

Uh no. If we win the 2nd part, we don't get the $20M and cap relief unless he pays it back.

raven reborn (1/19/2008)
No thanks. Taking him back would ##### off far too many fans. I was a 'hugger' but I also love animals and I would be pissed to see him back

If Arthur Blank lets Mike Vick come back and play for the Falcons that will essentially mean that he is more committed to Mike Vick than he is to winning football games, and that is totally unfair to the law abiding citizens that have supported this team through thick and thin, mainly thick over the years. I am a lifelong Falcons fan but If I see that conVick MF back on the field again far as I'm concerned thats the last straw with this bunch.

I really don't care about putting butts into seats. Every man deserves a second chance. In my opinion, the initial sentence was much too severe.

If M Vick returns a contrite man, if he returns a more mature man and a dedicated football player, then he deserves a shot at the starting role and he deserves our collective respect.

alaxar (1/19/2008)

Uh no. If we win the 2nd part, we don't get the $20M and cap relief unless he pays it back.

Im pretty sure they will get it back 1 way or another. If a judge says he has to then he will or go to jail longer.

Superfan "! (1/19/2008)
fambro2004 (1/19/2008)

It don't even matter that it is a Fed. and state issue. Anyone can be tried for the same crime more then once if the crimes took place within different judicial curcuits for instance if you raped a women in Atlanta and drove her to savanah and raped her again in savanha you could and more then likely would get tried for rapeing that women by both atlanta and savanha. Each instance would be treated as seperate cases because they took place in different Judicial curcuits. It dosn't even have to be as far as from atl to savanha it could be from one county to the next county. Even if you raped the women one time but did it in the back seat of a car while driving through 3 or 4 different counties you would be tried for the same "one" incident by all the counties seperatly. The Double Jeperty Law only applies if a judicial curcuit that has already tried your case, tries to bring you back to court again on the same charges in the same Judicial curcuit.The only reason the Feds. were brought in is because there must have been dog fights in different states. "state lines were crossed" thus making it a Federal matter.------ On a side note I know I have mis spelled some words but spell check isn't working so deal with it. I'm a Falcons Fan not a spelling B champ.:P

FalconFan13 (1/19/2008) Im pretty sure they will get it back 1 way or another. If a judge says he has to then he will or go to jail longer.

It's up to vick if we get our money back and he won't do any more time if he doesn't. The Falcons can put a claim on his assets which then it will then depend on the laws of the state he calls home.

Here in Texas, they are very generous. The homestead exemption isn't limited by value of your assets, it's determined by the size of your estate (200 acres.) Anything that is on that 200A, they can't touch.

vick can also file for bankruptcy and get out of paying it back.

Look at OJ. He put all his assets in Florida and has paid very little towards the judgement against him.

Falcon first down (1/19/2008) It don't even matter that it is a Fed. and state issue. Anyone can be tried for the same crime more then once if the crimes took place within different judicial curcuits for instance if you raped a women in Atlanta and drove her to savanah and raped her again in savanha you could and more then likely would get tried for rapeing that women by both atlanta and savanha. Each instance would be treated as seperate cases because they took place in different Judicial curcuits. It dosn't even have to be as far as from atl to savanha it could be from one county to the next county. Even if you raped the women one time but did it in the back seat of a car while driving through 3 or 4 different counties you would be tried for the same "one" incident by all the counties seperatly. The Double Jeperty Law only applies if a judicial curcuit that has already tried your case, tries to bring you back to court again on the same charges in the same Judicial curcuit.The only reason the Feds. were brought in is because there must have been dog fights in different states. "state lines were crossed" thus making it a Federal matter.------ On a side note I know I have mis spelled some words but spell check isn't working so deal with it. I'm a Falcons Fan not a spelling B champ.:P

IT doesn't matter anyway. At the Federal level, vick was charged with crimes relating to interstate gambling and dog fighting. At the State level, he's being charged with the killing of dogs.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/19/2008)
fambro2004 (1/19/2008)
The haters will start flaming in 3, 2, 1.....

flaming??...no.

laughing??...Im all laughed out.

yawning...yup.

you guys just keep waiting.

and waiting.

and waiting.