How about Charlie Weis or Lafrentz?

Telecaster

I'm not too keen on the Falcons dipping into college again, but I would have to say if the Falcons could get Weis or Lafrentz, I would be happy. Both worked for the Patriots and both had close relationships with Dimitroff. Lafrentz is believed to be Pioli's head coach when and if he ever becomes the GM of a franchise. Weis may welcome leaving Notre Dame after last year.

How about we get Weis and flip D-thug Hall over to Cleveland for Brady Quinn and get Darren McFadden with our 1st pick in the draft? Too good to be true probably, but it would be nice.

freeze1st (1/19/2008)
bgarcia28 (1/19/2008)
I am sure that Notre Dame will be happy to let Weiss out of his ten-year contract....very happy.

Not only that, but given the fact his team stunk last year wouldn't make him a good candidate at all.

I have to disagree. I'm not an Irish fan in the least bit, but his entire team was pretty much underclassmen after losing guys to the draft. His freshmen QB didn't quite do as he was supposed to either.

Weis????????????? I surely hope he is not even a thought for this coaching vacancy. Did you not see Notre Dame play this year? or last year? Petrino is a better coach than unWeis, and we all see how that turned out. I think we need a seasoned NFL coach to get us back on the right path. I live in San Diego (not a Charger's fan) but I think Marty should not have been fired. I would love to see him in Atl. His knock is that he can't win the playoff games. I guess that means he at least gets to the playoffs!