Could we get McNabb?

DirtyBirds

ashley sharp (1/19/2008)
nope. mcnabb is unconsistan qb who always gets hurt. we need a better qb than that
Any team will be happy to get Mcnabb except for the people who already have great QBs believe me The Eagles will not part with him anytime soon if Blank-o can get him he would be one happy man and so would 90% of the falcons fans.

I'd like to trade Abraham for draft picks and a young offensive and defensive line. I'll worry about the QB later. A great offensive line will make a bad QB look good any day. A good defensive line will put pressure on a good QB and make him make mistakes all day long.

Andrew (1/19/2008)
I'd like to trade Abraham for draft picks and a young offensive and defensive line. I'll worry about the QB later. A great offensive line will make a bad QB look good any day. A good defensive line will put pressure on a good QB and make him make mistakes all day long.
Yeah we make our offensive line look descent and make our defensive line look like $hit GREAT.

No way, McNabb is done as a good QB in the NFL......he is too fragile and his stats are diminishing each year.........it is time we develop our own QB........draft one in round 2 or 3.......keep Redmon and Shockley behind a much improved OL and we should be in business for this upcoming year........

I'd love to take a chance on McNabb. It sets up a great scenario. And as far as all of the 'washed up' posts - you guys are just plain wrong about him.

The Facts:

- He started the last 3 games of this season, W-W-W.

- He suffered a torn ACL in '06, and came back (or tried) sooner than the Drs. expected - actually it was too soon, then the thumb injury had him sidelined.

- The time frame of the ACL recovery is on track, and in those 3 wins, he showed that he can now run again. Give him the off season to heal even more, and you'll see a rejuvenated McNabb in ST.

- He'll be starting his 11th year, at age 32. Old, but not ancient

If ATL was interested (which they probably aren't), and could get McNabb for their later 2nd round pick, I think it would be a great move.

The Scenario:

- McNabb becomes the starter

- If we're on the hook for Leftwich, he becomes #2. If not, Redman is #2 (he would probably welcome a trade to get more playing time somewhere else, and then we'd get compensation for him)

- Draft a QB in the 3rd round, let him sit for 2 years under McNabb

- This leaves Shockley unemployed, which some on this board are against

This scenario, as far as the QB position is concerned, gives the Falcons the best chance to win soon, while allowing the rookie QB to develop. Hopefully the next coach will last longer than 13 games, and the kid can learn the system very well.

Andrew (1/19/2008)

Dude. Seriously?