We lost out on the best candidate

Twinblade

It seems Rex Ryan is going to stay with Ravens...The best available candidate and we pass him up. Wow...Alot of Baltimore fans are happy hes staying, so I guess this is another year when we get another coach that nobody wanted. Good Job Mr. Blank and TD. Best off to just use a interm for head coach and wait at the end of 2008 and get Cowher when he wants to come back.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twinblade (1/19/2008)
It seems Rex Ryan is going to stay with Ravens...The best available candidate and we pass him up. Wow...Alot of Baltimore fans are happy hes staying, so I guess this is another year when we get another coach that nobody wanted. Good Job Mr. Blank and TD. Best off to just use a interm for head coach and wait at the end of 2008 and get Cowher when he wants to come back.

I would like to know what happened with this? Why not him?

Paul Smith (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

It seems our FO don't want him anymore, even though they said he was the front runner..Funny.

Paul Smith (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

i dont think it was atlanta's choice. ESPN said last night that he was still under contract as a DC with Baltimore anyway. I have to say though, I am fed up with Blank being such a frickin dip$hit. That story about the interviews set me through the roof, it's like the guy is TRYING to fail. Sorry but when it comes to running this team, the guy is an idiot, period. His heart is in the right place, but between this interview process, extending McKay, and his pacing the sidelines every single game, I've had it with him. I honestly wish he would sell the team. He's clueless as an owner. Absolutely clueless.

Guys, let's all remember that WE are not involved in the interview process and we don't know anything unless we are physically in that room with Dimitroff and co.

There might have been some things that just didn't go well in the interview. For me personally, I don't buy the media reports that "the interview went well" or "so and so really made a great impression in his interview" -- that's all speculation and not fact. Ryan may have not impressed!!

redbird56 (1/19/2008)
Paul Smith (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

i dont think it was atlanta's choice. ESPN said last night that he was still under contract as a DC with Baltimore anyway. I have to say though, I am fed up with Blank being such a frickin dip$hit. That story about the interviews set me through the roof, it's like the guy is TRYING to fail. Sorry but when it comes to running this team, the guy is an idiot, period. His heart is in the right place, but between this interview process, extending McKay, and his pacing the sidelines every single game, I've had it with him. I honestly wish he would sell the team. He's clueless as an owner. Absolutely clueless.

Blame Blank...he is hurting this team more then hes helping....keep on firing our head coaches is only making this team more of a mess.

Twinblade (1/19/2008)

This ducks. I liked the idea of having Ryan as our HC. But if we offer him the job he could still leave the Ravens because he would be getting a promotion. isn't that how it works.

Falcon first down (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

This ducks. I liked the idea of having Ryan as our HC. But if we offer him the job he could still leave the Ravens because he would be getting a promotion. isn't that how it works.

Yes thats how it works but we are no longer going for Ryan. Its sad really.

Twinblade (1/19/2008)
I found it funny how we are interviewing alot of ****** candidates. Its like we are no longer trying to get the best anymore.

Who have we interviews that you would consider ******? I have only heard one new name -- Leslie Frazier and he has a whole lot more experience as a HC than Ryan.

Why are you so negative? Let the men who know about the process handle it because I have faith that the right man will be hired.

Absolute (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)
I found it funny how we are interviewing alot of ****** candidates. Its like we are no longer trying to get the best anymore.

Who have we interviews that you would consider ******? I have only heard one new name -- Leslie Frazier and he has a whole lot more experience as a HC than Ryan.

Why are you so negative? Let the men who know about the process handle it because I have faith that the right man will be hired.

Leslie Frazier is not going to get the job either..Simple as that, the best candidates will be pushed aside for some crappy candidate.

We will probably hire somebody under the radar. Probably somebody from the **** Pats. After all Blank wants to be the next pats.

WhenFalconsWin (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

Agreed! Why the **** then did we hire TD if we don't let him do his thing!

Falcons hired a college talent scout and call him GM. Blank is going to still rely on McKays wisdom in all other football related issues such as salary cap and free agents becuase he has all the expereince in these 2 catagorys where as TD has none in these 2 areas. I know they are saying one thing to TD and the public but when it gets down to tough decisisions Blank is going to fall on McKays experience. TD is in a great situation though because he will learn alot and make a good GM one day by going though this.

Put two and two together. If Dimitroff wanted Ryan, we would have him signed and sealed.

Bingo. Two interviews and no job offer that has been made public.

Does that not signal that they werent blown away with him and wanted to continue to look?

Jeez, I know you cant please everyone but the negativity is just unreal.

Twinblade (1/19/2008)
Leslie Frazier is not going to get the job either..Simple as that, the best candidates will be pushed aside for some crappy candidate.

We will probably hire somebody under the radar. Probably somebody from the **** Pats. After all Blank wants to be the next pats.

You seem to have the magic 8 ball of wisdom. Can you tell me what the lottery numbers will be next Friday so I can win?

Some of you guys need to calm down. We JUST hired a GM. Let the man do his job and get the guy HE feels is right. Blank and his convoy of clowns went out and interviewed the league's "hot" names...TD is looking for his COACH.

bgarcia28 (1/19/2008)
You guys are going to drive yourselves crazy. Put two and two together. If Dimitroff wanted Ryan, we would have him signed and sealed. The Falcons are looking for a HC, not a DC. Ryan did not fit the bill.

Thats not true. Ryan basiclly pulled his own name off the list becuase he was pised off being interviewed by nine people that has nothing to do with football operations. He excepted DC job to stay on with Harbough. Let me make it clear for you. IT WAS RYANS CHOICE NOT TD OR ANYONE IN THE FALCONS ORGANIZATION.

Absolute (1/19/2008)
Twinblade (1/19/2008)

You seem to have the magic 8 ball of wisdom. Can you tell me what the lottery numbers will be next Friday so I can win?

Some of you guys need to calm down. We JUST hired a GM. Let the man do his job and get the guy HE feels is right. Blank and his convoy of clowns went out and interviewed the league's "hot" names...TD is looking for his COACH.

Sadly I don't trust a Un-experience GM.

Thats not true. Ryan basiclly pulled his own name off the list becuase he was pised off being interviewed by nine people that has nothing to do with football operations. He excepted DC job to stay on with Harbough. Let me make it clear for you. IT WAS RYANS CHOICE NOT TD OR ANYONE IN THE FALCONS ORGANIZATION.

Please cite your source on this or is this just your opinion?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3203489

Did none of you read the entire article?

"Harbaugh will have the opportunity to hire his own staff because Bisciotti fired all of Billick's assistants. If defensive coordinator Rex Ryan does not get the head coaching job at Atlanta, there is a chance he could return to Baltimore in the same capacity."