Singletary may be the only guy that wants this job, everyone else is just using Falcons.

hawkeyes

Josh McDanial has said he doesnt want it so stop making threads saying he may want it. Spags may grather have Redskins job or may want to stay in NY, Rex Ryan was put off by the interview process and excepted DC job from Harbough and the ravens. Fans need see this the way it is, we have the least want Head coaching job in the NFL.

Singletary wasnt high on my list, but he is now. Falcons need to just bring a football man in here with some class. The biggest thing we need is a motivator that players respect. Singletary will have an OC calling the plays. Singletary would bring respect to an organization that has sunk below the disfuntionality of the Raiders from the last few years.

The candidates left just wouldnt raise our image to the level around country as hiring Singletary would.

Remember at the press conference Arthur and Rich had the day after Petrino quit, Rich McKay said something to the effect of, "This is the NFL, there are only 32 jobs like this, people will want to coach here, no matter what."; then he went on to say this "if you go up to my office, there are some very interesting names that have already contacted us"....

What the **** was he talking about? What he said seemed like it couldnt have been further from the truth. Let's keep it real... The Falcons are going to have to settle for someone they dont really want. Which probably means Arthur will fire him in 2-3 years.

Josh McDanial has said he doesnt want it so stop making threads saying he may want it.

Show me where he said that.

Im not voting for McDaniel but the propaganda has to stop.

"Jan. 3, 2008 - 8:20 p.m. ET

The Patriots released a statement from offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel Thursday regarding potential interviews for head coaching jobs.

"I am very grateful for the chance to interview for NFL head coaching positions but I have decided not to pursue those opportunities at this time," the statement from McDaniels reads. "I plan to focus all my attention on our postseason preparation."

Source: Providence Journal"

falcons4life (1/19/2008)
Josh McDanial has said he doesnt want it so stop making threads saying he may want it.

Show me where he said that.

Im not voting for McDaniel but the propaganda has to stop.

"Jan. 3, 2008 - 8:20 p.m. ET

The Patriots released a statement from offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel Thursday regarding potential interviews for head coaching jobs.

"I am very grateful for the chance to interview for NFL head coaching positions but I have decided not to pursue those opportunities at this time," the statement from McDaniels reads. "I plan to focus all my attention on our postseason preparation."

Source: Providence Journal"[/quote

You have the quote right there, at this time he does not want it. When changes his mind then people can start posting lets hire josh, he didnt say his postion would change after the superbowl and rumors are Craft wont let him go becuase he wants him to take over when Bill desides to retire.

swiftkick (1/19/2008)
I would hire Singletary but then choose his OC ..I would then throw a couple of million to bring in Brian Billick to handle the offense and let Singletary handle the defense and let him pick his defensive staff while Brian handles the offensive side of things..

Billick has waaay too big an ego to work under another coach.

You have the quote right there, at this time he does not want it. When changes his mind then people can start posting lets hire josh, he didnt say his postion would change after the superbowl and rumors are Craft wont let him go becuase he wants him to take over when Bill desides to retire.

For Kraft to keep him, he would have to offer him a job that is equal to or above that of head coach this season. Is he going to fire Bellicheck or promote him so JM can be head coach?

The quote states that he is not pursing any HC at this time while he focuses on the playoffs.

Doesnt that then leave the door open for after the playoffs?

Its not an absolute statement so just dont treat it like that is all I am saying.

falcons4life (1/19/2008)

For Kraft to keep him, he would have to offer him a job that is equal to or above that of head coach this season. Is he going to fire Bellicheck or promote him so JM can be head coach?

The quote states that he is not pursing any HC at this time while he focuses on the playoffs.

Doesnt that then leave the door open for after the playoffs?

Its not an absolute statement so just dont treat it like that is all I am saying.

I understand but he said I do not wish to purse any HC postions at this time and I plan to focus all my attention on post season prep. He didnt say the reason why he wasnt pursing any HC postions was because he was in the playoffs. In my opinion he would have to change his mind.

Absolute (1/19/2008)
Josh McDaniels told both the Ravens and Falcons he was not interviewing for HC jobs. Stop trying to make it seem like every candidate has turned only the Falcons down.

Amen. I'm so sick of people making it sound like no one wants to be here. Total BS. The ONLY coach who hasn't said no to EVERY team looking right now is Sparano, and he was the HC of Miami the minute Parcells inked his contract.

This is a great city, with a great owner, with deep pockets. This is a great NFL job.

I think that Singletary would be a very good pick for the Falcons. He is a very deffensive minded person and believes in discipline and holds everyone accountable for thier actions. He's a very no-nonense type of guy and, that's exactly what we need. We also need for Author Blank and Rich to allow the new GM and New Coach do their jobs without any stalking or interference from either of them and we should be fine. I also believe that if Micheal Vick was to be let out of prison right now that Author Blank would tear the bottom of his shoes off trying to get him back in a Falcons uniform. The statement that he made when Vick got into his trouble I believe was " He would never wear a Falcons uniform again". I disagree looking at the empty seats inside of the Georgia Dome. When the dome is empty like that, it takes a toll on ones pocket book. Don't get me wrong, Blank has very deep pockets but, I know that he hates not seeing those seats occupied and so does his pockets. If Vick was back in uniform, those seats would fill up very fast believe that and Blank would not have a single problem with that nor, would he care about what the media had to say about it.

Mark Spencer (1/19/2008)
I think singletary would be great. this team needs a black coach for their players to rally around.

Weird. I was just thinking that Spagnuolo would be great and that this team needs a white coach for their players to rally around.

i once wrote a thread called the falcons to suffer the curse of vick for 5 yrs.and how you would have to entertain people at a whore house and drug their drinks in order for them to sign here, man i was only kidding i didnt mean for the curse to really take effect.I guess the best thing to do is to sign people that want to be here.WHY NOT SINGLETARY?