Trade Down

The Don™

Anyone else want to the Falcons trade down to a mid to late 1st round pick and pick up another 2nd and future picks. I would want Jonathan Stewart with the first and Chris Williams, Curtis Lofton, and either Marcus Harrison,Pat Sims,Frank Okam, or Red Bryant with the 2nd round picks

Tell me which DT would be best for us from the ones that are listed..And tell me what you think overall.

The only problem with trading down is it is 2 ways we have to have a trading partner and with all the depth in the draft this year I think it is going to be hard to get another team to give us 3-4 picks for ours. Personally I like Simms. I think Lofton will go in the 2nd also.

If we're not in a position to take McFadden or Chris Long, we should be looking for a trade parter who would want to move up and put us in the middle of the first round, but not for Stewart, Mendenhall is the better prospect. I would be perfectly happy with Mendenhall and some improvements for the offensive line.

I'm all for trading down, its a very deep draft. I'm not sold on taking a RB in the first though cause we have bigger needs, but i like Stewart alot. I would love to get Curtis Loften with a second. If we trade down, all depending on where we land i would love to see.

1st= QB/OL

2nd=MLB/DL

2nd=OL/DL

2nd=RB/QB/DL

I through another 2nd in there cause of the trade down. With that many pick we can fill alot of holes that need to filled.

Scrappy777 (1/19/2008)
I'm all for trading down, its a very deep draft. I'm not sold on taking a RB in the first though cause we have bigger needs, but i like Stewart alot. I would love to get Curtis Loften with a second. If we trade down, all depending on where we land i would love to see.

1st= QB/OL

2nd=MLB/DL

2nd=OL/DL

2nd=RB/QB/DL

I through another 2nd in there cause of the trade down. With that many pick we can fill alot of holes that need to filled.

the problem with NOT drafting a RB in the 1st is beyond stewart and mendenhall, there are no legit power running backs. we already have a scatback, we dont need to draft another one, we already used a 2nd rd on norwood. if we take a RB, its mendenhall or stewart, or don't bother. I agree we have bigger needs, but you also have to look at depth by prospect position. there are plenty of good OL and DL in this draft. We can get great OL and DT prospects in the 2nd rd. I think we go RB, OT, DT, and then either ILB or CB, because I feel DHall will be gone after this year. From there you look for your QB and then can start looking at another OL and a FS, or something similar to that. This way, you are not necessarily spending your highest pick on your highest need, but you are still addressing your 3 biggest needs all in the first 3 rounds of the draft.