DEANGELO HALL HAS GOT TO GO

boss hogg

Yes, that's right. I said it and I'll keep saying it. D Hall is probably the most gifted cornerback in the league...there's no doubt about it but his potential "greatness" does not warrant having to watch his tantrums on the sidelines to the head coach even if the coach sucks nor does anyone want to hear him talk about how much money he could make somewhere else.

You guys probably remember this article from AJC.com in Dec 07 (exerpt):

Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he would consider demanding a trade or holding out of the first 10 games of next season if the team did not extend his contract or make personnel moves - including the hiring of a coach - that didn't point to improvement.

"I will not be a part of another losing team for another year," Hall said. "I've got to do what I've got to do. No matter who hates me ... The tough thing about coming back without a contract extension is injuries happen. Our legs are our money. They're your bread and butter. My game is about speed, quickness. If I hurt a leg, knee, my stock drops tremendously. I go to being just another guy. It would be tough for me to step out on the field knowing what I would have on the line."

Well how about this one from Foxsports.com in Oct 07 (exerpt)

Hall also said this about his contract with Atlanta. I didn't just sign a lucrative deal where I can sit around and watch this ship sink," Hall said. "I can't do that. I've got one more year on my deal. I feel as though I can go out and get a ton of money, whether it's here of somewhere else. I've got a lot of stuff to play for."

And let's not forget this about D Hall (wordpress.com after Terrell Owens spit in his face during a game and D Hall cried to the league):

"This is the same DeAngelo Hall accused of quitting on his Virginia Tech team on numerous occasions. He s the same dude who was accused by his teammates of thinking of his potential status as a pro and therefore failing to play all-out at Va. Tech. Hall s the same dude who, on the Va. Tech campus, was said to be more concerned with looking pretty than with playing his position and sticking his head in on tackles."

One word sticks out when I think of D Hall....POTENTIAL. Potential greatness and Potential cancer.

He's got to go, but don't take it from me:

"Bill and I have a rule. If a guy needs the sizzle, he's not for us." - Patriots VP of Player Personnel Scott Pioli

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting rid of Dhall without a replacement is suicide.

I will say that you do have some interesting quotes, especially..

Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall said he would consider demanding a trade or holding out of the first 10 games of next season if the team did not extend his contract or make personnel moves - including the hiring of a coach - that didn't point to improvement.

I made mention of a holdout in another thread and was almost crucified for it. At least here is the source I was trying to remember.

I have said it before and I will say it again you do not get rid of playmakers you build around them. I do not care about his antics on the field. I care about making plays.

with improved safety play and a pass rush he would be one of the best corners in the league. With that said he is young and will mature so get over it.

falcons4life (1/19/2008)

I will say that you do have some interesting quotes, especially..

I made mention of a holdout in another thread and was almost crucified for it. At least here is the source I was trying to remember.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, he would have to be replaced but I would rather do that than have him stay around and negatively influence younger guys like Chris Houston and Jimmy Williams. Both guys have bright futures but their heads need to stay on straight. They need to know what it takes to prepare for an NFL season like studying your butt off, how to break down film, how to practice, taking care of your body, etc etc. I don't want Hall in their ear saying something like "get your money while you can". That's just how D Hall comes off to me. We all know money is a big part of the NFL because their all independent contractors but some players put more emphasis on it than others.

Hard Knock (1/19/2008)
I have said it before and I will say it again you do not get rid of playmakers you build around them. I do not care about his antics on the field. I care about making plays.

with improved safety play and a pass rush he would be one of the best corners in the league. With that said he is young and will mature so get over it.

Right...I care about plays that don't cost you the game like the "plays" he made down the stretch against Carolina this year. Like not giving up a slant and go to Joey Galloway against Tampa this year. Its feast or famine with Hall. Like I said...POTENTIAL...potential playmaker

do you guys actually believe in what you say or just say it to get a reaction. yea, lets get rid of D'Hall so we can then all gripe about what a dumb move was made to let him go........Deion was no different yet he is now loved by our fans.

Give me a break about his antics. He is a football player, not a role model, God, being to Worship......he is there to entertain.

falcons4life (1/19/2008)

Exactly. You don't quit your job until you have another to go to - same thing. IMO, you have to throw out this year, the year of the Quitter. He had everyone on the team PO'd. Now, I know that Hall has a big mouth, a huge ego and a short fuse. But in some ways he is beginning to show some maturity. I think you have to take the good with the bad. I think of Tiger Woods. He is without a doubt the best golfer alive and possibly the best that ever was. If you go to a tournament and follow him, you'll see some great shots and his great big grin. But let him mis hit a shot, and you're going to hear a string of expletives. As Tiger said, 'That's who I am. If you want to see the great shots, you're going to have to prepare to hear me when I miss' In other words - you take the bad with the good.

I do not think that Hall is a cancer to this team. I think he is a hothead who needs to grow up. But I want to see him get a contract extension and stay here.

I dont really agree at all. I mean... the dude had his little breakdown with Patrino... but it turned out he was right all along. I cant fault him for calling out a guy who turned out to be a coward and a quitter who was ruining the franchise.

And as far as him making statements about making money, thats every player. Is Kerney a cancer for opting out of his contract to make more money on a better team?

atlfalcon78 (1/19/2008)
do you guys actually believe in what you say or just say it to get a reaction. yea, lets get rid of D'Hall so we can then all gripe about what a dumb move was made to let him go........Deion was no different yet he is now loved by our fans.

Give me a break about his antics. He is a football player, not a role model, God, being to Worship......he is there to entertain.

deangelo.jpg

Is that a pit bull or a cocker spaniel?

bozoatl (1/19/2008)
falcons4life (1/19/2008)

Exactly. You don't quit your job until you have another to go to - same thing. IMO, you have to throw out this year, the year of the Quitter. He had everyone on the team PO'd. Now, I know that Hall has a big mouth, a huge ego and a short fuse. But in some ways he is beginning to show some maturity. I think you have to take the good with the bad. I think of Tiger Woods. He is without a doubt the best golfer alive and possibly the best that ever was. If you go to a tournament and follow him, you'll see some great shots and his great big grin. But let him mis hit a shot, and you're going to hear a string of expletives. As Tiger said, 'That's who I am. If you want to see the great shots, you're going to have to prepare to hear me when I miss' In other words - you take the bad with the good.

I do not think that Hall is a cancer to this team. I think he is a hothead who needs to grow up. But I want to see him get a contract extension and stay here.

I can't believe you actually said Tiger Woods. Come on...I get your point but please don't use Tiger Woods when you're trying to justify why we should put up with D Hall. Secondly, golf is an individual sport. If Tiger hits a bad shot, Tiger may loose the tournament. He can't blame anyone...not even Steve Williams. Football is a team sport where you rely on each person to do his job.

"On the strength of one length of the cable, dependeth the might of the chain. Who knows when thou mayst be tested, so live that thou bearest the strain."

boss hogg (1/19/2008)
Hard Knock (1/19/2008)

Right...I care about plays that don't cost you the game like the "plays" he made down the stretch against Carolina this year. Like not giving up a slant and go to Joey Galloway against Tampa this year. Its feast or famine with Hall. Like I said...POTENTIAL...potential playmaker

I agree the Carolina game he lost his cool ok you got me. With Joey hey Boss this is the NFL

it happens... like I said with improved safety play and a pass rush he would be lights out. I see you have issues with 21 because of his antics. I remember these same post when another 21 played here. He left and boy did it hurt to see him making big plays against us.

It is my opinion it would be a very bad move not to resign him.

lax32 (1/19/2008)
I dont really agree at all. I mean... the dude had his little breakdown with Patrino... but it turned out he was right all along. I cant fault him for calling out a guy who turned out to be a coward and a quitter who was ruining the franchise.

And as far as him making statements about making money, thats every player. Is Kerney a cancer for opting out of his contract to make more money on a better team?

I'll put it this way, did you hear or see the Miami Dolphins this year when they were 0 and whatever jumping up and down on the sidelines yelling at the coach? Did you hear Jason Taylor saying Cam Cameron didn't know what he was doing? I didn't.

You find a lot out about your teammates when things are going bad.

I doubt that we trade Hall unless the FO does not think that they can resign him. In that case they will get what they can for him. He has the skills to be that shutdown corner but he lets his ego write checks his body can't cash. Thats why he gets burned! With all the s__t thatwent on last yearI can let go of some of their bitching! Lets see how he rallys around our new coach and see if he can remember that there is no "I" in "TEAM"

I agree the Carolina game he lost his cool ok you got me. With Joey hey Boss this is the NFL

it happens... like I said with improved safety play and a pass rush he would be lights out. I see you have issues with 21 because of his antics. I remember these same post when another 21 played here. He left and boy did it hurt to see him making big plays against us.

It is my opinion it would be a very bad move not to resign him.

I respect that

boss hogg (1/19/2008)
bozoatl (1/19/2008)
falcons4life (1/19/2008)

I can't believe you actually said Tiger Woods. Come on...I get your point but please don't use Tiger Woods when you're trying to justify why we should put up with D Hall. Secondly, golf is an individual sport. If Tiger hits a bad shot, Tiger may loose the tournament. He can't blame anyone...not even Steve Williams. Football is a team sport where you rely on each person to do his job.

Your wrong right their when CB is on an island he relies on himself and the pass rush but since our pass rush didnt get there DHall relies completly on himself. When they are playing with safeties over the top Hall has to rely on them but both Crocker and Milloy are horrible pass defenders (Crocker is decent when he is man to man but doesnt get reads on the ball). So CB is one of the most "ME" positions DHall relies on other players but this year they did not come through.

The fact is that none of us are in the locker room, the film room, the weight room or anywhere else with these guys. We don't really know how he interacts with his teammates and what if any effect he may have on them. He is a superbly talented player with a huge upside. With that said, we have seen some warning signs from him that should make anyone at least a bit cautious about him. The meltdown against Carolina really took away a great deal of the respect I had for him. His comments about refusing to play for another losing team and/or holding out worries me greatly. What if the season goes poorly and he lays down on us? What if he holds out and is a distraction to this team? It might be worthwhile for this franchise to pick up a different corner in FA (since he's likely to demand money anyway) and trade him to a winning team for more draft picks or a bruising running back or both. There is a common thread among championship caliber teams. It is that they do not tolerate the "me first" attitude. He may really not be a "me first" guy. He may have just been a young frustrated man who will grow into the kind of "team first" leader we need him to be. We don't know, but I sure hope the peopel who make the decisions for the organization do.

boss hogg (1/19/2008)
Hard Knock (1/19/2008)

Everyone's going to give up the big play. Petrino was the cancer; DeAngelo Hall is not. He still has room to improve and still many, many years to play. People were saying to be rid of Patrick Kerney (including me) because of his contract. Look at how much that decision sucked. I guarantee you we will not get rid of Hall.

I would offer D Hall 6 years 55 mil with a 12 mil signing bonus and throw in some incentives like if he leads the league in ints he can earn a 1million bonus..If he makes the pro bowl he earns a 250k bonus ..

If he declines he does not want to be here and NEEDS TO BE SHIPPED.

then I will take the best offer I can get for him on the market...Possibly trading him to the Jets for Vilma and a pick or to Cincy for Chad Johnson ..

Then move Jimmy Williams back to corner and give him a shot and bring in a guy like Drayton Florence ...

Corners has become more irrelevant in todays NFL due to the rules greatly benefiting the wrs.

Bill Pacells was quoted as saying he would NEVER TAKE A DB in the first round

Actually, Tiger is a perfect example. But how about Bill Romanowski? He was a roid freak and involved in selling 'supplements' to other players. He even spit in a man's face during a game. Surely he should have been 'filtered' out. But no, DEN just kept him around. And he just kept knocking people on their assssses and helped the Broncos win a SB.

Guest JBopper

D Hall is a good Db but he is not that good. Their is one thing I see, he thinks he is the second coming of Deion Sanders,NOT LIKELY. Deion backed up his mouth DA is all mouth.I`m not saying he can`t play but if you watch the man he does give up on certain plays. Their are alot of free agents we can pick up to replace him Asante Samuel (Pats),Randall Gay(Pats),Marcus Trufant,and Omar Stoutmire. For those that need a link go to Footballsfuture.com/freeagents

D.hall is a player with heart, and you guys want to get rid of him, because he is saying the same thing most of us are saying. your in the NFL for 12-14yrs, and in that time you want to be great to go into the Hall of Fame. you also want to have a SB ring or 2. he wants this team to win, but you have to understand that he cant wait 20yrs like we will to get that SB ring.

Everyone's going to give up the big play. Petrino was the cancer; DeAngelo Hall is not. He still has room to improve and still many, many years to play. People were saying to be rid of Patrick Kerney (including me) because of his contract. Look at how much that decision sucked. I guarantee you we will not get rid of Hall.

Yeah but were you saying get rid of Kerney because of his "me" attitude? Of course, not. Guarantees are irrelevant here because no one can predict the future so don't even try. Neither will I. I'm not guaranteeing the team gets rid of Hall. But I am saying they should.

I would be willing to say though that you probably wouldn't stop watching the Falcons if they did get rid of D Hall because you're a Falcons fan first, right? The team comes first. You're probably a loyal fan such as myself. And if I stopped watching the Falcons, you would probably care less, right? Because the team comes first.

image3300661.jpg2006-1105-rb-lionsatl627T.jpg