Defensive tackle

f@lc0n&#036

In all the mocks i'm seeing it seems that everyone either wants McFadden or Jake Long.

Although those two are undoubtebly good players i think theres enough depth in this years draft to pick OT and RB in later Rounds

DT however is a position which does not have so much quality.

I say we take Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis with are first

then in the 2nd round try for something like Mendenhall and Chris Williams

f@lc0n$ (1/19/2008)
In all the mocks i'm seeing it seems that everyone either wants McFadden or Jake Long.

Although those two are undoubtebly good players i think theres enough depth in this years draft to pick OT and RB in later Rounds

You my Friend are a very smart man ! :Whistling:

Draftnut57 (1/19/2008)
f@lc0n$ (1/19/2008)

You my Friend are a very smart man ! :Whistling:

Yes you are. Given the way the Pats have drafted, I'd say that TD has a 80% chance of doing just that.

f@lc0n$ (1/19/2008)

I say we take Glenn Dorsey or Sedrick Ellis with are first then in the 2nd round try for something like Mendenhall and Chris Williams

I'm leaning more towards Ellis than Dorsey now. Mainly due to Dorsey's knees...

Plus

We already have a guy simular to Dorsey on the roster at D-tackle in that kid who has Grady's spot now. Can't remember his name at this Sr. moment ;)

f@lc0n$ (1/19/2008)

I'll bump that.

f@lc0n$ (1/19/2008)

From "Management Secrets of the New England Patriots...":

"The position Belichick has spent a boatload of high-round draft picks on is physically gifted defensive linemen: Richard Seymour #6 overall in the 1st round of 2001, Jarvis Green in the 4th round of 2002, Ty Warren #13 overall in the 1st round of 2003, Vince Wilfork #21 overall in the 1st round of 2004, and Marquise Hill in the 2nd round of 2004...Belichick places obvious importance on defensive linemen."

Dimitroff is credited with scouting, evaluating and drafting Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork, two 1st rounders. So, he just might agree with you.

DT has to be addressed....Lewis and perhaps Babineaux are the only DT's that deserve playing time and are young.....and both might fit best as rotational guys. I'd have zero problems with Ellis in the 1st.....although I'd love to be able to trade Dhall for a midfirst, and nab Oher as well. That would go along way towards strengthening the team. A first day of Ellis, Oher, Curtis Lofton, James Davis would go a long way towards strengthening this team.....