UGA: Everyone back for National Title run.

SacFalcFan

Everyone Back for National Title Run.

ATHENS Three of Georgia s underclassmen fullback Brannan Southerland, linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and defensive tackle Jeff Owens asked the NFL to advise them on their potential status in this year s draft.

The deadline for underclassmen to make a final decision is Tuesday, and none of those three are expected to leave, head coach Mark Richt said. The Bulldogs already have had their first official meeting of the 2008 season, Richt said.

The first order of business in that meeting is to change the seating chart in the team meeting room. Every class moves up, with the seniors taking their traditional spot at the front of the room. Southerland, Ellerbe and Owens, along with the rest of their teammates looked very comfortable there, Richt said.

I think they enjoyed sitting in the front, he said. It wasn t that long ago when they were sitting in the back of the room. It kind of is a realization that they re in that leadership role now.

Left unsaid by Richt, but not by many others, is: Why would anyone want to leave at this point? Georgia returns 17 starters from the team that just won seven straight to finish 11-2.

Already, the Bulldogs are the hot team of 2008. ESPN.com and The Mercury News of San Jose, Calif., already have proclaimed Georgia the preseason No. 1, although both outlets admitted their definition of the preseason was so broad as to be a bit ridiculous.

Las Vegas, often as good a prognosticator as any, is on the Bulldogs bandwagon to some degree. Internet gambling site Bodog has Georgia facing just 6-to-1 odds to win the next BCS crown. Southern Cal is the national favorite at 3-to-1, with Florida and Ohio State joining the Bulldogs in the next group.

(The other SEC schools to make the list were Alabama at 50-to-1, Arkansas at 100-to-1, Auburn at 25-to-1, Kentucky at 80-to-1, LSU at 10-to-1, South Carolina at 50-to-1 and Tennessee at 30-to-1.)

Their position in the lead pack is no surprise to the Bulldogs. We ve got a young guys coming back who have a lot of experience, freshman linebacker Rennie Curran said.

Even the coaches are not shying away from the expectations, a sure sign of what they believe the 2008 team could accomplish.

The ultimate goal is to win them all, offensive coordinator Mike Bobo said. That s going to be our goal. I think our guys are going to have the confidence. We ll probably be ranked pretty high next year, but it all come down to how we come together as a team, how hard we work in the offseason, and if we re going to commit ourselves to being ready. If we show up in February and think what we did this year is going to help us win a national championship, we have another think coming.

Georgia should be proud to have put itself in this position, Bobo said.

You want to be at a program that has high expectations, a program that thinks you should be considered to win the SEC championship every year, he said. You re not going to do it every single year, but we ve done a pretty good job of staying in the race every single year, putting ourselves in this position.

Headshot (1/19/2008)
This is awesome. It's going to be that much sweeter when we beat you and crush your hopes. ;)

LOL.. It's going to be a great matchup this year. I hope both teams are in the top 5 when the game happens in Jacksonville. Also we saw this year how so many things have to fall in place to win a NC. Hopefully things fall into place for UGA.

SacFalcFan (1/19/2008)
Headshot (1/19/2008)
This is awesome. It's going to be that much sweeter when we beat you and crush your hopes. ;)

LOL.. It's going to be a great matchup this year. I hope both teams are in the top 5 when the game happens in Jacksonville. Also we saw this year how so many things have to fall in place to win a NC. Hopefully things fall into place for UGA.

I think it's the obvious Game of the Year to watch. Both of us SHOULD be unbeaten when we play, it just depends on who really wants it more, because I don't believe one team is more talented than the other, I think both have some of the most elite talent in the country.

I'm hoping that the group celebration infuriated the Gator players as much as it did me, because if so they'll have all offseason to prepare for it and let it brew inside their heads. I hope Urban is posting pictures of the celebration in the weight rooms, the locker rooms, and giving every player a copy to take with them to carry it around all year.

I make no excuse for a win or a loss but this is UGA schedule

Sat, Aug 30 Georgia Southern Athens, Ga.

Sat, Sep 06 Central Michigan Athens, Ga.

Sat, Sep 13 South Carolina * at Columbia, S.C.

Sat, Sep 20 Arizona State at Tempe, Ariz.

Sat, Sep 27 Alabama * Athens, Ga

Sat, Oct 11 Tennessee * Athens, Ga.

Sat, Oct 18 Vanderbilt * Athens, Ga.

Sat, Oct 25 LSU * at Baton Rouge, La.

Sat, Nov 01 Florida * at Jacksonville, Fla.

Sat, Nov 08 Kentucky * at Lexington, Ky.

Sat, Nov 15 Auburn * at Auburn, Ala.

Sat, Nov 29 Georgia Tech Athens, Ga.

This is Florida's

Sat Aug 30 Hawaii Gainesville, FL

Sat Sep 6 Miami (Fla.) Gainesville, FL

Sat Sep 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN

Sat Sep 27 Ole Miss Gainesville, FL

Sat Oct 4 at Arkansas Fayetteville, AR

Sat Oct 11 LSU Gainesville, FL

Sat Oct 25 Kentucky (HC) Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 1 Georgia Jacksonville, FL

Sat Nov 8 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN

Sat Nov 15 South Carolina Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 22 Citadel Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 29 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL

again not making any excuses, but UGA clearly has a tougher path than UF does. You guys play UK at home for HC and we play LSU at LSU in what will probably be a night game.

But it should be really fun. come on Sept :)

Headshot (1/19/2008)
SacFalcFan (1/19/2008)
Headshot (1/19/2008)

I think it's the obvious Game of the Year to watch. Both of us SHOULD be unbeaten when we play, it just depends on who really wants it more, because I don't believe one team is more talented than the other, I think both have some of the most elite talent in the country.

I'm hoping that the group celebration infuriated the Gator players as much as it did me, because if so they'll have all offseason to prepare for it and let it brew inside their heads. I hope Urban is posting pictures of the celebration in the weight rooms, the locker rooms, and giving every player a copy to take with them to carry it around all year.

If it takes last year's celebration to get uf up for the game, then the gators have lost already. You don't need any additional ammo for this game. An example if uf's beatdown of osu, all year long they have posted reminders of the beatdown and they still lost. You have to have the horses and right now it is debatable defensively if they do. It should be a great game because uf's offense is awesome and uga's defense is one of the best in the country.. should be a great matchup.

JaGz (1/19/2008)
I make no excuse for a win or a loss but this is UGA schedule

Sat, Aug 30 Georgia Southern Athens, Ga.

Sat, Sep 06 Central Michigan Athens, Ga.

Sat, Sep 13 South Carolina * at Columbia, S.C.

Sat, Sep 20 Arizona State at Tempe, Ariz.

Sat, Sep 27 Alabama * Athens, Ga

Sat, Oct 11 Tennessee * Athens, Ga.

Sat, Oct 18 Vanderbilt * Athens, Ga.

Sat, Oct 25 LSU * at Baton Rouge, La.

Sat, Nov 01 Florida * at Jacksonville, Fla.

Sat, Nov 08 Kentucky * at Lexington, Ky.

Sat, Nov 15 Auburn * at Auburn, Ala.

Sat, Nov 29 Georgia Tech Athens, Ga.

This is Florida's

Sat Aug 30 Hawaii Gainesville, FL

Sat Sep 6 Miami (Fla.) Gainesville, FL

Sat Sep 20 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN

Sat Sep 27 Ole Miss Gainesville, FL

Sat Oct 4 at Arkansas Fayetteville, AR

Sat Oct 11 LSU Gainesville, FL

Sat Oct 25 Kentucky (HC) Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 1 Georgia Jacksonville, FL

Sat Nov 8 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN

Sat Nov 15 South Carolina Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 22 Citadel Gainesville, FL

Sat Nov 29 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL

again not making any excuses, but UGA clearly has a tougher path than UF does. You guys play UK at home for HC and we play LSU at LSU in what will probably be a night game.

But it should be really fun. come on Sept :)

We play LSU EVERY YEAR, something you guys don't do, so that doesn't really matter that you're playing @ Baton Rouge, we played their last year, it's our turn to host the game. We both play Kentucky every year, so I don't get the point you're trying to make there.

And you have no idea how glad I am that we're NOT playing Auburn this year, so you got me there. Alabama...meh.