Josh Johnson

The more i see and read on this kid, the more i want him on this team. He a little lite but he can put on a little weight when he gets here. If the the draft goes how i want it to go, if Ellis is gone by our pick, we try to trade our pick to Dallas for there two number ones ( if McFadden is still available). With our first pick get the best LT available (if the value is right if not a DT will be fine). With our second first rounder we get Andre Woodson (i got a feeling he might drop, if not go OL or DL). With our second rounders we can fill more OL and DL. With our first 3rd rounder pick up Josh Johnson and wit our second 3rd rounder pick up Tashard Choice. Johnson is either gonna be huge for us or be a huge bust, my personal opinion is that a third round pick is worth that chance. Just my opinion though!!!!

Falcons for Life!!!!!

1989fan (1/18/2008)
he could be Omar Jacobs v2.0

It took PIT like 3 weeks to axe him after using a (4th i think) to get him.

The thing I dont like about Johnson is he has a frail build. He is like 6'3", 190 lbs.

I feel you that is a big concern, theres not a QB in the draft that doesn't have concerns though.

Scrappy777 (1/18/2008)
The more i see and read on this kid, the more i want him on this team. He a little lite but he can put on a little weight when he gets here. If the the draft goes how i want it to go, if Ellis is gone by our pick, we try to trade our pick to Dallas for there two number ones ( if McFadden is still available). With our first pick get the best LT available (if the value is right if not a DT will be fine). With our second first rounder we get Andre Woodson (i got a feeling he might drop, if not go OL or DL). With our second rounders we can fill more OL and DL. With our first 3rd rounder pick up Josh Johnson and wit our second 3rd rounder pick up Tashard Choice. Johnson is either gonna be huge for us or be a huge bust, my personal opinion is that a third round pick is worth that chance. Just my opinion though!!!!

Falcons for Life!!!!!

I think Josh Johnson should be on everyones radar for sure. I saw him play in person twice this year & he has a phenomenal touch on his passes, very accurate, great overall decision maker.

Id go Woodson & Dixon because Dixon is first round talent but will drop because of the injury & everyone knows how good he is because of his performances against serious talent in college but if Dixon is gone I definitely go Woodson/JJ

irish_falcon (1/19/2008)
falconva7 (1/18/2008)
I'd rather risk a 4th rounder on Colt Brennan, Dennis Dixon, or Josh Johnson before spending a 1st on Ryan, Brohm, or Woodson.

I think I'd prefer a 2nd on Henne, or a 3rd on Flacco then any of the above

Henne was way to inconsistent for me, i like Flacco and really dont have much negative to say bout him. I like Woodson cause he made Kentucky wut they were. He played in the best conference and beat good teams. He has good size, more mobile then showed, good arm, and doesn't make big mistakes.

Scrappy777 (1/18/2008)

Falcons for Life!!!!!

he would make a good player on our team.

After watching a few clips on Youtube of Josh Johnson, he`s a solid prospect and can make all the throws necessary in the NFL. Has good arm strength and pin point accuracy.

The knack against him is competition. He should be available in the 4th round and I wouldn`t mind picking him up.

The one thing I like about him is he uses his feet to pick up yards only when he's needed to, not all the time (ala Vince Young).

Josh Johnson wont go before the 6th round or so. People were clamoring for DII guys every year, and they usually go UDFA. Brett Elliot was the hot name last year (wasnt that his name?) and he had better numbers than JJ. And he went UDFA to the Chargers and clung onto their practice squad.

Sorry, but no way I would take this guy in the fourth before a true 2nd tier QB prospect like Henne, Flacco or Booty.

1989fan (1/19/2008)
Josh Johnson wont go before the 6th round or so. People were clamoring for DII guys every year, and they usually go UDFA. Brett Elliot was the hot name last year (wasnt that his name?) and he had better numbers than JJ. And he went UDFA to the Chargers and clung onto their practice squad.

Sorry, but no way I would take this guy in the fourth before a true 2nd tier QB prospect like Henne, Flacco or Booty.

He had Better numbers than Josh Johnson?

I find that VERY hard to believe.

Edit:

I see he is also a QB that played in the shotgun that is also slow as molasses.

Josh Johnson is a guy the scouts are VERY excited about and he could cement himself as a 1st day pick depending on what he does today.

I'm really enjoying watching Josh in the Shrine game tonight. He looks poised, in command, has a great arm and can really run. Has had a couple passes dropped, was a little inaccurate on a couple. His mechanics look good, much better than Tavaris Jackson of Minnesota (who also made a splash in the Shrine game a couple years ago). A big plus for Johnson is that he was coached for awhile by Jim Harbaugh.

Is anybody watching this game?

This guy is the real freaking deal!

He's not playing against D-1AA players anymore.

He's playing against NFL draft prospects and he looks like the most dominant player on either roster

He is 10 times the passer that Travaris Jackson is like his numbers suggest and he's a much better athlete like his speed on paper suggests.

Jackson was a joke of a 2nd round pick. But Josh Johnson looks like he could justify a pick that high right now

Hokies&Falcons (1/19/2008)

He's shown a strong arm, quick release, and he's been accurate. He's certainly shown pocket presence and mobility. He's also displayed good mechanics.

IOW, pretty much everything you ask for from a QB.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of Johnson in the 2nd half.

A game like this is incredibly important for his stock because of the competition factor. Even though it's a exhibition game, for a prospect like him it either makes or breaks your stock.

thakrunk1 (1/19/2008)
looks okay. hasn't completely dazzled me yet. he seems to stare down his receivers a lil.

Name one of these prospects that doesn't stare down the receivers at times? Brohm does it. Woodson does it. Ryan does it. They all do it until they are taught not to in the NFL because everyone on defense can read it like a book.

Yep, I have to give it to you Scrappy, you called it with Josh Johnson. The guy looked awesome tonight and there is no doubt that he has moved himself up in the draft.

I really haven't heard anyone talking about this Johnson kid except for you so I applaud you for your eye for talent.

Not only does this young man have all the tools but he seems to be very well liked by his teammates and a rather natural leader.

You really hit the nail on the head with Josh Johnson. If our GM happened to check out these MBs then he might want to give you a job on the scout team.

Keep giving us more info on these guys that are little known. I will look forward to reading more of what you have to say.

I've been on the Josh Johnson bandwagon for quite a while now.

I don't know who it was who first mentioned him on these boards but at first I thought he was Tarvaris Jackson 2.0.

But then I actually went back and saw Jackson's stats compared to Johnson's and Tarvaris Jacksons stats are blown out of the water. Add the poor mechanics and I really don't know what the Vikings were thinking.

Now THIS is a guy worth taking an early pick with despite being a D-1AA prospect.

On NFL draftscout he's listed with a 4.74 40. 4.65 is listed as the best case scenario. In an interview Johnson said he ran a 4.56. For comparison's sake, VY only ran a 4.58.

IOW, there is a pretty BIG disparity in the time he's estimated to have and the time he claimed to have.

Well tonight we pretty much found out it's a lot closer to the time he claimed he had. He looked like he was about to score a 50+ yard TD every time he ran.