Spagnuolo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Balt has a coach, Redskins will prob go with Williams, Indy will go with Calwell, and Seat will go with Mora----that would leave Atlanta with a shot at Spagnuolo---if parties want to go in that direction.

I saw a youtube interview with Coach Spag with the G-men, he sounds great to me----but hey what do I know? Im just a fan.

Hire the right coach, sit tight for the next two years as the teams is rebuilt and year three good things should happen. I just hope the next coach is here for 10 years and gets the falcons to having 2 winning seasons in a row. If they win a few superbowls--GREAT, but just give me 2 winning seasons in a row.

bigduke633 (1/18/2008)
Spagnuolo has been a coordinator 1 year.People want him as head coach?What is going on?We are in the basement looking in the bottom of the barrel for canidates.Dude is one year away from lbers coach.Give him 1 year as headcoach then make him commissioner.
You're thinking is bottled up inside a box... There have been several coaches that had no coordinator experience or only a year experience that have done well as head coaches.

Jeff Fisher was a DC for only 1 season. Andy Reid was never a coordinator.

HEAD COACH IS A DIFFERENT JOB THAT REQUIRES DIFFERENT SKILLS! I think I've said that about a thousand times now... whew...

bigduke633 (1/18/2008)
Spagnuolo has been a coordinator 1 year.People want him as head coach?What is going on?We are in the basement looking in the bottom of the barrel for canidates.Dude is one year away from lbers coach.Give him 1 year as headcoach then make him commissioner.

So who do YOU want? Garrett..one year as an OC, Singletary...spiritual adviser...give me a break. All of the Giants say that Spags is the man who motivated them and listened to them and spurred them on! That's enough for me. His defense is tremendous. With Dimitroff backing him, I'm more than ready for him to be our coach no matter what happens in the playoffs!

hihoag1989 (1/18/2008)
Balt has a coach, Redskins will prob go with Williams, Indy will go with Calwell, and Seat will go with Mora----that would leave Atlanta with a shot at Spagnuolo---if parties want to go in that direction.

I saw a youtube interview with Coach Spag with the G-men, he sounds great to me----but hey what do I know? Im just a fan.

Hire the right coach, sit tight for the next two years as the teams is rebuilt and year three good things should happen. I just hope the next coach is here for 10 years and gets the falcons to having 2 winning seasons in a row. If they win a few superbowls--GREAT, but just give me 2 winning seasons in a row.

At least two winning seasons in a row starting in 08. It an be done. Teams can be built to become winners in just one year. I'll all for the idea.

bigduke633 (1/18/2008)
7th in the league yardage wise is tremendous?1st year,one more time.....1st year!I didnt want garret or singletary.I would take billick.He has been one of the best coordinators and won a superbowl as head coach.We honestly know very little about spags.

And Billicks offense is how good? I'd take the Giants "D" over the Ravens "O" any day of the week. Billick is a known name, but not the right fit for the falcons. Again, who do you want? They can all be picked apart if you ask me. Sporano wasn't even a coordinator...he's the Dolphins coach and Parcells should know what he can do to coach a team.

Better dig a little deeper. He's been a coordinator before.

Vicious (1/18/2008)
FalconFan13 (1/18/2008)
birdweiserrr (1/18/2008)
I'm glad we've waited on hiring a HC. I think Spags is the right man for the job and if we were turned down by anyone else, I believe it was a blessing in disguise.

QFT, Preach it Brother Bird. Spags is the man for the Falcons.

Better dig a little deeper. He's been a coordinator before.

Where when?Come on it doesnt even have to be true so make it obscure.

SPAGNUOLO AT A GLANCE

1982-83& & & & & Massachusetts& & & & & graduate Assistant

1983& & & & & & .Washington Redskins& & player personnel intern

1984-86& & & & & Lafayette& & & & & & & defensive line/special teams

1987-91& & & & & Connecticut& & & & & ..defensive coordinator/defensive backs

1992& & & & & & .Barcelona Dragons& & & defensive line/special teams

1993& & & & & & .San Diego Chargers& & ..scout

1993-94& & & & & Maine& & & & & & & defensive coordinator/def. backs/linebackers

1994-95& & & & & Rutgers& & & & & & & .defensive backs

1996-97& & & & & Bowling Green& & & & .defensive backs

1998& & & & & & .Frankfurt Galaxy& & & ..defensive coordinator/linebackers

1999-00& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive assistant

2001-03& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..defensive backs

2004-06& & & & & Philadelphia Eagles& & ..linebackers

2007& & & & & & .New York Giants& & & .defensive coordinator

birdweiserrr (1/18/2008)
hihoag1989 (1/18/2008)

At least two winning seasons in a row starting in 08. It an be done. Teams can be built to become winners in just one year. I'll all for the idea.

Do you honestly think that Billick was the reason for the Super Bowl victory?

Despite having an incredible defense year in and out, Billick's term as Head Coach has had the Raven's up and down, up and down. They had one of the greatest defenses of all time (let's not give the offensive coach credit for that) the year they won the Super Bowl, and this offensive genius managed to have one of the worst offenses ever. The defense seemed to score as many points as the offense. Billick's focus on the team was offense, in which he has had a QB carousel his entire time there. The Ravens were fortunate that the Titans let McNair go, or they wouldn't have made the playoffs last season. This Billick guy also traded for Kyle Boller, got rid of Redman (who in fact looks like a pretty decent QB, better than Boller). The Patriots chose Vince Wilfork with that pick the next year. So this guy spent 2 firsts on Boller who hasn't been squat really.

Not to forget, the Ravens have had one of the best O-Lines in all of football and STILL have been one of the worst offensive teams in all of football. This is supposed to be Billick's area of expertise... yes he has a Super Bowl ring... he can thank Sam Adams, Tony Siragusa, Ray Lewis, and the defense for that one... much like Jon Gruden can thank Tampa's Defense for his...

I can reel off name after name of coordinator in this league who failed as a Head Coach. The in-the-box thinking that we have to find a great coordinator to be Head Coach is one major reason that there have been so many openings and failures of these guys in the NFL. If you look at the recent trend, it is a fad to hire the great coordinator, but also in the last few seasons, it seems that there have been a lot more and more HC openings popping up every year.