Enrique Davis decommits from Auburn..

SacFalcFan

Coaching changes affect recruiting.

And five-star running back Enrique Davis has been affected. Davis confirmed Friday that he was no longer comitted to Auburn.

RebelSports.Net reached Davis as he was departing a plane in Memphis, and the standout prep star confirmed that he was enroute to Oxford (MS).

"Yes sir, I just got off the airplane in Memphis," Davis told RebelSports.Net. "I'm taking an official to Ole Miss this weekend along with West Virginia commitment Andrew Harris."

Are you still committed to Auburn?

"No sir I'm not," Davis said. "I have de-committed due to their new offensive system, I don't see it being a great fit for me."

Davis stated that new Ole Miss Coach Houston Nutt has been expressing the need of a big time running back and he is aware of Nutt's success with Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.

"Coach Nutt is telling me that I can come in and start right away," Davis said. "I have heard nothing but great things about Ole Miss; I'm excited about the visit."

According to Davis he has two new favorites for his services.

"Right now it's Ole Miss and Tennessee," Davis said. "Those are my top two schools. Right now it's down to those two."

Davis, rated a five-star prospect and the nation's No. 3 overall prep school prospect by Rivals.com, ran a 4.35 this past fall while at Hargrave. He is listed at 5-foot-10 and 215-pounds.

"I'm looking for the best situation for me, Auburn isn't it for me," Davis said. "Coach Nutt has had a lot of success in the SEC and does a great job with running backs. I look forward to sitting down and talking to him this weekend."

Harris, who is also on the plane with Davis, is a 6-foot-4, 195-pound wide receiver who is currently listed as West Virginia's top commitment and is ranked a four star by Rivals.com.

"Andrew is excited about visiting Ole Miss also," Davis said. "It would be great to play on the same team for the next few years."

Yeah, I saw that. I think he will end up signing with Auburn anyway. I think he hasnt' really talked to coaches about this new spread offense they are running. And he thinks he won't get the ball as much or be a feature back. I think he is still going to meet with the coahces and once he does he will recommit to auburn.

Either way, I heard he might not qualify this year either.

kdkane79 (1/18/2008)
Yeah, I saw that. I think he will end up signing with Auburn anyway. I think he hasnt' really talked to coaches about this new spread offense they are running. And he thinks he won't get the ball as much or be a feature back. I think he is still going to meet with the coahces and once he does he will recommit to auburn.

Either way, I heard he might not qualify this year either.

I think Enrique ends up at Ole Miss with Houston Nutt and it would be a great move for him.

mbrizzle (1/19/2008)
Yeah. I think I would be really disappointed if I was a running back who committed to Auburn,a nd then they switched to that cheesy spread.

yep.. I wouldn't go there either.. they will be trying out that new offense year and a 5 star rb shouldn't anywhere near that thing..