kerney and rossum compensation?

just wondering what we can expect for these guys. rossum, probably not much if anything. but being rather clueless about how these things work, i have no idea what to expect. for all i know we might get a 6th for kerney (not saying that will happen), so what kind of things does the NFL figure into what a team gets in compensation?

Draftnut57 (1/18/2008)
I wonder if the Commis might give us a comp pick for the losing Vick ?? I doubt it but I think they know we need some help.

I really doubt it, but on the other hand I really really hope that we get the 5th pick and draft Ellis because if we end up with the 3rd and DMC is still on the board I can't possibly see the FO passing on him. And I think we rotate picks in each round after that because of the way things ended up.

BillyWitchDoctor (1/18/2008)
Draftnut57 (1/18/2008)
I wonder if the Commis might give us a comp pick for the losing Vick ?? I doubt it but I think they know we need some help.

I really doubt it, but on the other hand I really really hope that we get the 5th pick and draft Ellis because if we end up with the 3rd and DMC is still on the board I can't possibly see the FO passing on him. And I think we rotate picks in each round after that because of the way things ended up.

normally we would rotate, but that's what confuses me about this three way tie. The jets are tied evenly with us, but are ahead of oakland. that means if we win the coin toss, we will pick third, jets fourth, and oakland fifth.

I'm not sure if we would trade with oakland in the later rounds because that would mean they would be picking ahead of the jets, which wouldn't be fair for the jets.

this is PURE SPECULATION, but i could see us picking in the third slot if we win the coin toss, then picking 5th and letting oakland pick fourth the next round and switch it up that way.