The real HC candidates

Right now I only see 2 and a possible. I'm thinking the 2 favorites at this point are Spags and Ryan. The possible is probably McDaniel. I think they really want Spags though because

if Dimitroff really wanted Ryan they would've made him an offer by now. So I think they are

waiting to interview Spags and possibly McDaniel. But if it was me I would offer the job to

Ryan because he seems to be the only one that really wants the job now. Who's to say the

other candidates really want to come here anyway. I would have to go with Ryan, but they

really can't do that because he is the only one that Dimitroff has interviewed and that won't

look too good. That would look like Blank and Co really hired him and not Dimitroff. But I'm

guessing they really want Spags though.

It's possible TD is not as high on Ryan as Blank and Mckay was(since they had him pegged before TD was brought in. I think it's going to go beyond this weekend for us to get a HC the TD is cool with. Even if it means waiting until the Pats finish.

isaiah glaze (1/17/2008)
Right now I only see 2 and a possible. I'm thinking the 2 favorites at this point are Spags and Ryan. The possible is probably McDaniel. I think they really want Spags though because

if Dimitroff really wanted Ryan they would've made him an offer by now. So I think they are

waiting to interview Spags and possibly McDaniel. But if it was me I would offer the job to

Ryan because he seems to be the only one that really wants the job now. Who's to say the

other candidates really want to come here anyway. I would have to go with Ryan, but they

really can't do that because he is the only one that Dimitroff has interviewed and that won't

look too good. That would look like Blank and Co really hired him and not Dimitroff. But I'm

i agree, if we wanted ryan he would have been hired. im starting to think spags is are man.

isaiah glaze (1/17/2008)

THINK ABOUT IT! THE REAL HC CANDIDATES HAVE SAID NO ........ ALL THESE OTHERS WILL BE REBOUND CHOICES.:D

Twinblade (1/17/2008)
I really think they would make a huge mistake if they happen to get Josh McDaniel as head coach, 1. Hes way to young, 2. He is clearly not ready 3. He really don't have the experience as well.

i want spags and not mcdaniel, but what makes you say he "clearly" is not ready? what has he done to prove that?

Twinblade (1/17/2008)
I really think they would make a huge mistake if they happen to get Josh McDaniel as head coach, 1. Hes way to young, 2. He is clearly not ready 3. He really don't have the experience as well.

I totally disagree ... Josh McDaniel has the right attitude - he wants to finish the playoffs with the Patriots before he would even consider an interview.

This team needs a HC with the right attitude and IMO that is more important then experience.

1. Hes way to young - Petrino had the perfect age ?

2. He is clearly not ready - We all thought Petrino was ready

3. He really don't have the experience as well. - no, but he has the right attitude! - I honestly dont think this guy would quit the team - He does what he is payed to do - FINISH!

Lets face it ... we're starting all over, and what we need is a young HC, who would be here for a long haul

I think that there are three serious candidates:

1 Ryan: He is interested and he has a solid resume. I see him as another Mora Jr type. Players love him, but is he too friendly?

2 Schwartz: Again, a solid resume. Not a flashy guy, but very intelligent and a good leader. He won't "wow" the league but he is ready.

3 Spagnuolo: Is clearly a great DC. Has the personality traits to be an excellent leader. The interview will reveal whether he is truly organized and ready to be a HC.

McDaniels is not a serious candidate for us because neither Blank nor Dimitroff wish to pilfer staff from Kraft. McD is also a little inexperienced at this point. I hear that he has the makings of a great future HC, but not right now.

I agree. I think Ryan knows what the situation is. After this weekend, if the G-men lose, then we will interview Spag's. I think they are waiting to interview before anything else. I don't think they will wait for McDaniel. Besides, he is too young and has stated he doesn't want to interview right now. I would be fine with either Spag's, Ryan or Schwartz.

Let me throw an idea out there. Why don't we see if we can get Marty Schottenheimer in for a 3 year contract, with someone like McDaniels as an OC or DC? That would give them several years to learn the ropes, while providing us the knowledge that Marty has. Let's face it, the teams he has coached have always had a winning record other than Washington (.500).

REV.2000 (1/18/2008)
isaiah glaze (1/17/2008)

THINK ABOUT IT! THE REAL HC CANDIDATES HAVE SAID NO ........ ALL THESE OTHERS WILL BE REBOUND CHOICES.:D

Really? Other than Cowher, who have we actually offered the job to?

(1/18/2008)
Let me throw an idea out there. Why don't we see if we can get Marty Schottenheimer in for a 3 year contract, with someone like McDaniels as an OC or DC? That would give them several years to learn the ropes, while providing us the knowledge that Marty has. Let's face it, the teams he has coached have always had a winning record other than Washington (.500).

Are you that numb? First off, McDaniels is going no where. Belichick extended his contract for another 5 years, to correspond with that of Tom Brady's. McDaniels is Bill and Brady's right hand man. He is going no where until Belichick retires. And guess what, at that point he's doing what Jason Garrett is. He's going to take the reigns of the Patriots. Ya'll are dumb as **** if you think McDaniels is coming here. The guy is 31. I live in New England and trust me, he's going no where.

Oh, not to mention this post has no merit. Not only is McDaniels not an option, there are far more options than just Spag's and Ryan.