Charlie Weis should be considered

check this out..is this impressive or is it just me. I always liked Charlie. He knows the Pats way.

Weis returned to New England Patriots following Parcells' announced retirement after the 1999 season. When Weis returned to New England he was announced the team's offensive coordinator under head coach Bill Belichick, this was a position Weis held from 2000 through 2004. While with the Patriots, he helped install the Erhardt - Perkins offensive system used by the Patriots today.

During this stint, the Patriots won three Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX). As offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, Weis has been credited for helping develop Tom Brady.[citation needed] Tom Brady was elected to the 2001 Pro Bowl, and named Super Bowl MVP of Super Bowl's XXXVI and XXXVIII.

Good lord.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about Weis. He just took one of the storied college teams in our country to a 1 win season.

And isn't this the guy who forced Notre Dame to Re-do his contract after like one season because he was just being a greedy pile of crap? I've heard two sides to that story, so I will give him a pass on that one.

But at the very least he isn't the offensive guru everything thought he was. And his handling of the quarterbacks at ND last year was probably the worst in college football. The worst in pro football? Petrino.

We need this guy like I need a shotgun blast to the groin.

the guy was the OC of a team that won 3 world championships and it's a stupid idea. ND gave him a job. Does anyone not think that Belichick would highly recommend him? Belichick obviuosly knows a little something about football and hired him as his OC. The problem would be Charlie leaving ND, but AB and TD could possibly make it happen. Remember AB said no stones would be unturned in the search for the right coach. I bet his name has come up. I don't know if he's the right guy, but I would have to consider him. His former players believed in him.

falcons4life (1/18/2008)
Going to the Bellicheck tree is no guarantee. While I do like the TD hire as GM, Weis has been miserable in college and I have two more words for you...Eric Mangini.

IMO, Charlie Weis is kind of like Tom Moore of the Colts: as long as Peyton Manning is running the offense, Tom looks like a genius. Put Sorgi in, and things will change dramatically. Weis looked pretty good on Bellichick's sideline, but out on his own - he's not cutting it.

Just say No to Weis.

My buddy played for the Ravens and met Darius Walker. Walker was one of the all-time leading rushers for Notre Dame, and Weiss demanded that Walker stay for his Sr. season. Walker left and entered the draft, and went undrafted because Weiss told everyone he wasn't ready. The guy is a #####.

stoned_jc7 (1/17/2008)

Good lord.

I've heard nothing but terrible things about Weis. He just took one of the storied college teams in our country to a 1 win season.

And isn't this the guy who forced Notre Dame to Re-do his contract after like one season because he was just being a greedy pile of crap? I've heard two sides to that story, so I will give him a pass on that one.

But at the very least he isn't the offensive guru everything thought he was. And his handling of the quarterbacks at ND last year was probably the worst in college football. The worst in pro football? Petrino.

We need this guy like I need a shotgun blast to the groin.

ND was 3-9. Weis did not force ND to Re-do his contract, they did it because they were worried about all the NFL interest in him during his first season. While his handling of the QB situation was not ideal, it was his first season with a fresh QB, he was used to having Tom Brady or Brady Quinn back there. They did lose they're entire offense and haven't had a good D for years. He gets a pass for the season in my book. Besides he has the #1 ranked recruiting class coming in this year, give him a year or two.

atlfalcon2184 (1/18/2008)
ND was 3-9. Weis did not force ND to Re-do his contract, they did it because they were worried about all the NFL interest in him during his first season. While his handling of the QB situation was not ideal, it was his first season with a fresh QB, he was used to having Tom Brady or Brady Quinn back there. They did lose they're entire offense and haven't had a good D for years. He gets a pass for the season in my book. Besides he has the #1 ranked recruiting class coming in this year, give him a year or two.

I'm a ND fan. I agree with you there. They were left with dregs on the O, but they still have a solid team. They looked very bad this year, but watch them in the next couple. They'll be back contending for a National Championship in 4 years.

As far as this whole thread goes.. Idiot.

Why do people keep throwing out random names, like these coaches are just waiting for us to offer them the head coach position at ATL. Who says that coaching in the NFL is better than college, when you're the coach of one of the greatest Schools of all time, like ND or USC?

Doesn't anyone look at it realistically and say, no point mentioning that name, they'll NEVER come here.

On that note, HEY.. we should get belichik here. He's already done everything possible in NE. Now he can do it again. Take a team from the bottom right to the top. /sarcasm off.

IrishDart24 (1/18/2008)
atlfalcon2184 (1/18/2008)

I'm a ND fan. I agree with you there. They were left with dregs on the O, but they still have a solid team. They looked very bad this year, but watch them in the next couple. They'll be back contending for a National Championship in 4 years.

As far as this whole thread goes.. Idiot.

Why do people keep throwing out random names, like these coaches are just waiting for us to offer them the head coach position at ATL. Who says that coaching in the NFL is better than college, when you're the coach of one of the greatest Schools of all time, like ND or USC?

Doesn't anyone look at it realistically and say, no point mentioning that name, they'll NEVER come here.

On that note, HEY.. we should get belichik here. He's already done everything possible in NE. Now he can do it again. Take a team from the bottom right to the top. /sarcasm off.

Yea I'm a huge ND fan as well. Just defending my coach and team. Anyway, I agree with ya on the post. No way he would leave ND to come here, or probably anywhere for that matter.

My whole point of making this post was to entertain the idea of Charlie Weis. I really don't know how Charlie would do and he's not my first choice, but if Josh Daniels the current OC for the Pats has been considered, what makes him such a great canidate in some peoples eyes when Charles Weis has done much more with the same team.