How about Tony Dungy?

I don't mean to sound like I know it all, because I don't. However, if the man is open minded "and he is" then why not approach Tony Dungy with the option of coaching? He says he is reviewing his options as he always does, so why not try to tip his head this way? Mora screwed up this team...BOTTOM LINE! When Dan Reeves was coach, we were doing good. Mora took over and things went to crap. His Draft choices were crap as well. Garrett wasn't strong enough for what Atlanta needs. We need somebody like Dungy! Vick didn't help matters either. A team based on the quarterback needs that quarterback to play. We need to get rid of this west coast offense crap, and get back to football. If everybody else put in the kicker as center, does that mean we have to do it too? Get back to football!!! Let's worry about getting the first down and not the big play. We need to start fresh and we need to be bold in our changes. A fresh new quarterback, a fresh new offense, and a whole new strategy. Cleveland isn't doing anything with Brady Quinn!! There you go! Anybody else up for trade isn't worth it. Some people say McNabb...No! The same people liked Leftwich too....Crap! Look what happened when Jax got rid of Testeverde!! They made the playoffs. Be bold, be brave and quit making our team look like crap. Get rid of dead weight and let's play some football!

George Bailey (1/17/2008)
I don't mean to sound like I know it all, because I don't. However, if the man is open minded "and he is" then why not approach Tony Dungy with the option of coaching? He says he is reviewing his options as he always does, so why not try to tip his head this way? Mora screwed up this team...BOTTOM LINE! When Dan Reeves was coach, we were doing good. Mora took over and things went to crap. His Draft choices were crap as well. Garrett wasn't strong enough for what Atlanta needs. We need somebody like Dungy! Vick didn't help matters either. A team based on the quarterback needs that quarterback to play. We need to get rid of this west coast offense crap, and get back to football. If everybody else put in the kicker as center, does that mean we have to do it too? Get back to football!!! Let's worry about getting the first down and not the big play. We need to start fresh and we need to be bold in our changes. A fresh new quarterback, a fresh new offense, and a whole new strategy. Cleveland isn't doing anything with Brady Quinn!! There you go! Anybody else up for trade isn't worth it. Some people say McNabb...No! The same people liked Leftwich too....Crap! Look what happened when Jax got rid of Testeverde!! They made the playoffs. Be bold, be brave and quit making our team look like crap. Get rid of dead weight and let's play some football!

dungy is pondering whether he will retire or not, not whether he wants to coach somewhere else.

Lunacy.

If he does retire, it is because he needs to. He has earned it. The last year or so have been pretty rough on the guy. He wouldn't leave one of the best franchises in the league if he didn't need to go. And, if he does retire, it is to Florida. Not Georgia.

If he doesn't retire, he is with one of the best teams in the league. He is well respected and well liked there. No way he comes here. Not bashing the Falcons, but we aren't the colts.

Dude.... you can not be serious. Tony has said he will not coach past 50 years old.

He has won a supperbowl he has nothing to prove the Colts will be lucky if

he comes back next year. He is in retirement mode.

Nice first post noob.

I almost chocked on my dip from laughing so hard on Tony coming to Atlanta.

I don't mean to sound like I know it all, because I don't. However, if the man is open minded "and he is" then why not approach Tony Dungy with the option of coaching? He says he is reviewing his options as he always does, so why not try to tip his head this way?

SERIOUSLY .... IF YOU WERE DUNGY .... WOULD YOU COME HERE? ATLANTA IS NOT AN OPTION FOR TONY ...... TRUST ME!:)

(Statick grabs George Bailey, gently sits him down, gives him a cookie and puts him in the corner.)

Tony Dungy has long said that he doesn't want to be a "lifer" as a head coach. Each of the past 3 years, he has pondered retiring - he said he wanted to finish coaching by age 50, and he is 52 now. When he retires, he won't be coming back to football in a head coaching capacity; he's already stated that he wants to do gods work by forming a prison ministry or helping out the less fortunate.

I admire him for what he's done and the type of person that he is, and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors, whatever they may be.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/18/2008)
Why would he want to work for the "Franchise Killer" again anyway. McKay boned him in Tampa.

It was well documented that the decision to fire Dungy was that of the Glazer's and not of Mckay's. It was the start of the end for Mckay in Tampa. Mckay actually gave the job to Marvin Lewis next and the Glazers once again interceded and had a brief flirt with Bill Parcells. The next thing you know the Glazers are offering draft picks to the Raiders for Gruden.