With this hire at GM....

KingPickles

You know DHall is going to try to break the Blank. With the Past way being install here I think Blank wont break the Bank like that anymore. Rich Mckay is ok . He just would blow Blank money on anything. He is a spoiled Rich brat. TD has had it a lot rougher and for onething will keep blank from spending all his dam money on bull crap. So Dhall to stay here he would need to take a cut. The contract would be fair like with Kerney , but not as much he will get from Washington or Dallas.

falconva7 (1/17/2008)
I think that Dimitroff recognizes that D. Hall is one of the youngest and one of the best players in the league, not only on this team, and after what we've been through this year we need to retain a guy like that and build a nucleus around him and a couple other players.

Do you think we should give him money like Kerney wanted ? He is going to be paid alot. Maybe more than we can offer. We are really going to see what kind of Falcon DHall is.

MrPickles (1/17/2008)
falconva7 (1/17/2008)
I think that Dimitroff recognizes that D. Hall is one of the youngest and one of the best players in the league, not only on this team, and after what we've been through this year we need to retain a guy like that and build a nucleus around him and a couple other players.

Do you think we should give him money like Kerney wanted ? He is going to be paid alot. Maybe more than we can offer. We are really going to see what kind of Falcon DHall is.

He wants probabaly TWICE the money that kerney wanted. Nate Clements got 82 million over 8 years. Hall is going to want at least 10 million a year. Honestly I just don't see them doing it. They'll trade him. I love Hall as a player but they would really have to cook the books to get him and a number one pick signed and pay for rookies, Boley and free agents. NFL economics 101. :( IMO

falconva7 (1/17/2008)

You're kidding right? Or are you serious when you suggest we build around a guy like Hall? Hundreds or thousands may read this, well at least you didn't use your real name.

You don't build around guys like Hall.

1. Questionable character.

2. May not want to be here anyway.

3. This he's one of the best so he'll want to get paid like one of the best. (Which he isn't and shouldn't.)

4. He's just the opposite of a leader. He'd rather the team ##### and complain (do what he does) than work harder and achieve more.

5. He's all about himself.

Now I'm hoping you were just kidding with the suggest of building a team around him. If I'm GM or higher and someone suggested something this ridiculous, I wouldn't be able to sleep until that someone was no longer a part of the organization. If this suggestion was to come from a HC candidate, I'd end the interview immediately.

We should have learned our lesson about trying to build a team around classless individuals. I hope we have anyway.

d.hallmvp (1/17/2008)
WHY WOULD WE NOT KEEP OUR BEST CORNER THAT'S PRIORITY OUR OTHER CORNERS COMBINED ARE AVERAGE AT BEST AND WE CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYONE TO PUT NEXT TO D. HALL TO HELP OUR SORRY SECONDARY IMAGINE WHO ARE STARTING CORNERS WOULD BE WITH OUT HIM NEXT YEAR

I definitely want to keep him, But this is like you running your own team can a CB truly be the focus of your team? If he was RB or QB. DE or MLB I would definitely invest. I never heard that a team rode a CB to the championship

MrPickles (1/17/2008)
You know DHall is going to try to break the Blank. With the Past way being install here I think Blank wont break the Bank like that anymore. Rich Mckay is ok . He just would blow Blank money on anything. He is a spoiled Rich brat. TD has had it a lot rougher and for onething will keep blank from spending all his dam money on bull crap. So Dhall to stay here he would need to take a cut. The contract would be fair like with Kerney , but not as much he will get from Washington or Dallas.

imo hall will leave. he can get more money and have a better chance getting his dream ring with another franchise. it will take this franchise a while just to have another winning season let alone the playoffs.

hall to cowboys, seattle or maybe even miami. he may even get a shot in tampa

birdweiserrr (1/17/2008)
falconva7 (1/17/2008)

You're kidding right? Or are you serious when you suggest we build around a guy like Hall? Hundreds or thousands may read this, well at least you didn't use your real name.

You don't build around guys like Hall.

1. Questionable character.

2. May not want to be here anyway.

3. This he's one of the best so he'll want to get paid like one of the best. (Which he isn't and shouldn't.)

4. He's just the opposite of a leader. He'd rather the team ##### and complain (do what he does) than work harder and achieve more.

5. He's all about himself.

Now I'm hoping you were just kidding with the suggest of building a team around him. If I'm GM or higher and someone suggested something this ridiculous, I wouldn't be able to sleep until that someone was no longer a part of the organization. If this suggestion was to come from a HC candidate, I'd end the interview immediately.

We should have learned our lesson about trying to build a team around classless individuals. I hope we have anyway.

Predictable as always. BTW, just who on this team besides D-Hall is talented enough to build around? Brooking? Dunn? The pickings are slim and McKay didn't quite stock the pantry with top flight talent, did he? It'd be foolish to let Hall walk when he's one of few GOOD players we have left.

The Falcon Ace (1/17/2008)
Every post about Hall and money should start with "IF". Hall has NEVER, EVER, EVER said he wanted a large contract or thought he deserved more money. ****, the only thing about money he said is that he would take less to play with CH.

but the $$$$$$$$ has to figure in to his decision. 1 play can easily end a career. i ttruely believe he will follow the path of deion

Every post about Hall and money should start with "IF". Hall has NEVER, EVER, EVER said he wanted a large contract or thought he deserved more money. ****, the only thing about money he said is that he would take less to play with CH.
That's just anti-D Hall propaganda. Since YKW is gone, some of the guys on this board just need a target to vent their frustrations on and D Hall is it.

The Kid with the Golden Arm (1/17/2008)
That's just anti-D Hall propaganda. Since YKW is gone, some of the guys on this board just need a target to vent their frustrations on and D Hall is it.

hall said he wont play for a losing franchise:w00t::w00t: so hows that being anti hall?

consistentfalcon (1/17/2008)

hall said he wont play for a losing franchise:w00t::w00t: so hows that being anti hall?

Every player on this team should have the same attitude. A lot of these guys are just playing for a check, win or lose. At least the guy has pride and wants his team to be successful.

consistentfalcon (1/17/2008)

Every player on this team should have the same attitude. A lot of these guys are just playing for a check, win or lose. At least the guy has pride and wants his team to be successful.

i realize he wants his team to successful but we all have a little selfishness in us and why should others bring him down or hold him back. alot of these guys that have potential want to be in the hall of fame

I would say he will be a Falcon in 2008, and Franchised in 2009 and traded for picks.

The Falcons will be several years away from contending, and he will want a huge contract.

He is a very good CB but needs to shut his mouth

Hall had a very good year this year, but no one really knows because when they think of Hall they think of his many blowups on and off the field and thats looks bad on the Falcons.

What do you guys think would have happened this past year if he had played for the Patriots?

That kind of selfish me attitude wouldn't fly.

And don't think about bringing up Moss, Moss conformed to the system the system didn't conform to him.

I think it comes down to Hall if he wants to stay here he will. If not he will move on

He is one of our best players on our D hands down. I want him to stay but if his heart is not here then dont let the door hit him in the ##### on the way out. We are rebuilding anyway

we will sign or draft another corner. just my opinion though.

MrPickles (1/17/2008)

YOU SOUND LIKE McKAY's GONE SOMEWHERE. WELL HE's STILL AROUND WITH EVEN MORE POWER THAN BEFORE. STICK AROUND AND YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN;)