Singletary ready for next head coaching interview...

Superfan "! (1/17/2008)
I'm guessing you just don't like Mike, Ken, and that's fine. But to dismiss him as incompetent and incapable of being a fine HC just because he's never been an OC or DC doesn't make much sense to me. I'm sure he has forgotten more about football than you or any of the rest of us will ever know.

You probably want a big shot to come here and coach, but most of the big shots done shot us down already. Mike will get his start somewhere, and my guess is sooner rather than later. It probably won't be in Atlanta, and we may regret that very much in a few years.

It's not that I don't like Mike, ****, I grew up in amazement watching the guy play. I just feel there is more to landing one of the most coveted jobs in all of sports than being a motivational speaker. It was mentioned in an article earlier that he didn't want to spend the time it takes recruiting to be a college coach. (It made me cringe)

Other than being a great player and a motivational speaker what credentials does the guy have to land such a high pressured job? Would you really want to hire someone as a HC that wouldn't even be considered for a coordinators job by any team in the NFL? When push comes to shove and it's all on the line, I really want a guy that can not only take charge of the players, but have some solid input for coordinators and asst. coaches as well.

i dont understand everyone's love fest with Singletary. Everyone ragged on Garret about only being a coach for 3 years, well Singletary has only coached four, and apparently hasnt been thought high enough to be a Coordinator, but yet everyone here thinks he will be a Great HC?

I'm not saying he would or wouldn't but most here are absolutly obsessed with him, and he hasnt proven anything

andrews31cain21 (1/17/2008)
i dont understand everyone's love fest with Singletary. Everyone ragged on Garret about only being a coach for 3 years, well Singletary has only coached four, and apparently hasnt been thought high enough to be a Coordinator, but yet everyone here thinks he will be a Great HC?

I'm not saying he would or wouldn't but most here are absolutly obsessed with him, and he hasnt proven anything

Singletary has coached 5 years, and this is the only season that Garrett has coached a team in the playoffs. Was it his scheme, or did he ride the wave left to him by the previous regime?

The reason why no one has interviewed Singletary this season is you have to do something before being hired as a head coach. singletary has done nothing as a DC.. ...Isaiah Thomas was a great basketball player but as a coach of the knicks he sucks...

This is where SF ranks on Defense

PTS

(20th)

YDS

(25th)

PASS YDS

(22nd)

RUSH YDS

(22nd)

(league rank)

kenk (1/17/2008)
The reason why no one has interviewed Singletary this season is you have to do something before being hired as a head coach. singletary has done nothing as a DC.. ...You have to worry about Singletary and Rex Ryann when their old team Ravens dont even interview them for the head coach job...Isaiah Thomas was a great basketball player but as a coach of the knicks he sucks...The longer we wait the more it is going look like we might have a very good chance at getting the Pats OC for our new Head coach..Since our new GM is from the Pats we have the inside shot at him...sorry for the double posts...

This is where SF ranks on Defense

PTS

(20th)

YDS

(25th)

PASS YDS

(22nd)

RUSH YDS

(22nd)

(league rank)