Dimitroff is taking charge in ATL and not Rubber Stamping

michaelgee

Today we see the first clear indication that we just hired a true GM and not another Rubber Stamp guy.

When Dimitroff pushed Ryan to the back burner today, and NOT taking the leftovers from what Rich McKay and the nine mystery interviewers established, this was the FIRST clear indicator that we no longer have a YES man in the Front Office.

Thank you Mr Dimitroff, for having the courage and standing up to Rich McKay and Mr Blank.

Mr Blank will only RESPECT you more for taking a stance and not accepting the status quo.

Taking leftovers is what we have done wrong for so many years, settling for LESS than the Best only compounds mediocrity.

To become an elite football team, we need to be patient and allow Thomas Dimitroff to guide us.

We hired our new GM a couple of days ago, we GOT him today!

after today, we may not understand TD's every move, I doubt he will give indications of his decisions or intentions until they are announced, big time Front Office players never show their hand until the signature is on paper.

If this fanbase can buy into Thomas Dimitroff and be patient, I think he will build us a franchise that is beyond what we always thought we wanted.

It doesn't matter to me whether or not Ryan's out - but what I like is the fact he's willing to say hold on - let's look at all of our options before we make a choice. So far he's only been personally involved in meeting with Ryan and Garrett and my halucination is that Garrett showed him so much that he made Ryan look bad (or should I say not so good anymore) and TD wanted to look around more rather than settle. I do think that Ryan would make a good coach though that Baltimore D has been pretty tough and the players love him.

michaelgee (1/17/2008)
Today we see the first clear indication that we just hired a true GM and not another Rubber Stamp guy.

When Dimitroff pushed Ryan to the back burner today, and NOT taking the leftovers from what Rich McKay and the nine mystery interviewers established, this was the FIRST clear indicator that we no longer have a YES man in the Front Office.

Thank you Mr Dimitroff, for having the courage and standing up to Rich McKay and Mr Blank.

Mr Blank will only RESPECT you more for taking a stance and not accepting the status quo.

Taking leftovers is what we have done wrong for so many years, settling for LESS than the Best only compounds mediocrity.

To become an elite football team, we need to be patient and allow Thomas Dimitroff to guide us.

after today, we may not understand TD's every move, I doubt he will give indications of his decisions or intentions until they are announced, big time Front Office players never show their hand until the signature is on paper.

If this fanbase can buy into Thomas Dimitroff and be patient, I think he will build us a franchise that is beyond what we always thought we wanted.

Agreed. Do your thing, T.D.

michaelgee (1/17/2008)

agreed......I like it that we are not taking the "leftover" today - the "leftover" that the Ravens had, know what they had, and said "no thank you" to Rex Ryan. Well, dadgumit, if he's not good enough for the Ravens, by God, he's not good enough for the Falcons.

I'm not really "anti-Ryan" per se, I just like the fact that we are not "rushing" to grab a head coach - the "right" coach is worth waiting on. If Dimitroff interviews 2-3 more candidates and then decides on Rex Ryan, sobeit! But, to take him today/tomorrow seems like we are settling on who was left over.

michaelgee (1/17/2008)

I'm all for being patient. I can't say that I'm ready to crown TD "King of GM's" but I am totally supporting him and excited to see where he can take the Falcons.

I like the be patient attitude.

Personally, I think the only reason the Ravens do not want Ryan is they want a totally clean slate. No reminders of the old regime. I do not feel that us getting Ryan is settling for their castoffs. I do say no to Billick, Mariucci, Garrett, and Singletary.

Ryan wont be our coach because I want him, lol. But Spags, Schwartz, and McDaniels look good, too.

drneckbone (1/17/2008)
Legion (1/17/2008)
If Spagnuplo is the head coach I WILL be pissed and not very happy either!!!!:alien:

Why are you against Spags?

Well if we take him, then what would've been the difference between him and Zimmer? He's riding on the talents of Strahan and Umenyiora. They have the talent, he has the good fortune of just being there.

If Spagnuplo is the head coach I WILL be pissed and not very happy either!!!! [Alien]

Why would you be pissed? He has a really good track record as a coach and he keeps adding to it the further his defense makes it in these playoffs. He's coached under Jim Johnson and had probowl players that he was responsible for. He has that Giants D balling this year. I would love this hire personally.

Vicious (1/17/2008)
If Spagnuplo is the head coach I WILL be pissed and not very happy either!!!! [Alien]

Why would you be pissed? He has a really good track record as a coach and he keeps adding to it the further his defense makes it in these playoffs. He's coached under Jim Johnson and had probowl players that he was responsible for. He has that Giants D balling this year. I would love this hire personally.

Okay, but I don't think that it'll amount to much at all.

Coaches coach. Players play.

You can say the same thing about Ryan. He has been riding the coat tails of a great defense in Baltimore. Garrett was only a product of the great players he had in Dallas.

If you eliminate all the coaches who've had success due to good players, your pretty much left with just scrubs.

I like Ryan. I am not against Spags.

And honestly, TD is just doing what he needs to do. He wasn't a part of the first round of interviews. Who can blame him for wanting to truly hire his own head coach.

stoned_jc7 (1/17/2008)

Coaches coach. Players play.

You can say the same thing about Ryan. He has been riding the coat tails of a great defense in Baltimore. Garrett was only a product of the great players he had in Dallas.

If you eliminate all the coaches who've had success due to good players, your pretty much left with just scrubs.

I like Ryan. I am not against Spags.

And honestly, TD is just doing what he needs to do. He wasn't a part of the first round of interviews. Who can blame him for wanting to truly hire his own head coach.

Ryans system creates good players (see: Bart Scott), it never really matters who fills in they use the sytem and to great success. Now if it were a cover 2 guy then I'd be really worried considering that we don't have the safeties for it.