>>Rex Ryan No More...!!

somecut8

Swartz, Spags, etc..... I liked Ryan, and hope this isn't true, but as usual it's time to move forward and find the best choice we can. We should be able find a solid HC in the next few weeks. Maybe TD is waiting to pick a coach from NE, someone he's familiar with.

This is all just speculation. But I wasn't that high on the guy anyway. Here's the text for anyone interested. Link didn't work.

Atlanta will reopen coaching search; Ryan out of running?

Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 11:34 am EST

Getty Images

With Dallas assistant coach Jason Garrett turning down the Ravens and the Atlanta Falcons, an NFL source told the Baltimore Sun the Falcons have decided to re-open their search. Former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan is still in the running in Atlanta, but is no longer considered a top candidate for the job.

The move would leave Ryan as the only other head coach candidate to have had a second interview with the Falcons, which included a first meeting with new general manager Thomas Dimitroff. That interview took place Tuesday.

The team had not scheduled anyone else for a second interview. Indianapolis assistant head coach Jim Caldwell reportedly has withdrawn his name as a candidate for the Falcons' job.

grendel (1/17/2008)
Twinblade (1/17/2008)
People wonder why nobody wants to coach here anymore, we keep breaking promises to lead candidates.

Rex Ryan was the front runner until this Jason Garrett mess came alone and then was named Lead Candidate. This is pathetic on Mr. Blanks part.

When did we promise him anything?

Um since we interviewed him the 2nd time until rumors came in and said "Falcons offered Garrett HC job!" and breaking a promise to Rex Ryan..Mr. Blank is pathetic, No wonder nobody likes to coach here anymore.

Twinblade (1/17/2008)
grendel (1/17/2008)
Twinblade (1/17/2008)
People wonder why nobody wants to coach here anymore, we keep breaking promises to lead candidates.

Rex Ryan was the front runner until this Jason Garrett mess came alone and then was named Lead Candidate. This is pathetic on Mr. Blanks part.

When did we promise him anything?

Um since we interviewed him the 2nd time until rumors came in and said "Falcons offered Garrett HC job!" and breaking a promise to Rex Ryan..Mr. Blank is pathetic, No wonder nobody likes to coach here anymore.

For all we know they were just rumors. Just because someone posts it on the internet, that doesn't make it so.

grendel (1/17/2008)
Twinblade (1/17/2008)

I still don't see where we promised Rex Ryan anything. Even if the rumors are true that he was the top candidate, that's just a leaning in the opinions of the people in the Falcons FO, not a promise of anything.

Mr. Blank breaks promises, remember when everybody thought Herkert(whatever his name was) was the lead candidate for the GM role and all of the sudden we get a un-experience Pat scout for our GM?

There isn't no other HC candidate I would feel comfy with anymore. I sure as **** don't feel comfy with our new GM.

grendel (1/17/2008)
Twinblade (1/17/2008)

I still don't see where we promised Rex Ryan anything. Even if the rumors are true that he was the top candidate, that's just a leaning in the opinions of the people in the Falcons FO, not a promise of anything.

At least you did not spell Cleveland wrong.:P