I am THRILLED with the way things are moving for the Falcons right now

Rev_Hal

First off, I truly believe that the Falcons hit a home run with the GM hire. The more I read about Dimitroff, the more I think this guy will be fantastic. This guy was mentored by the best people in the best organization in football, and they speak highly of him. Five years from now, we will be looking back at Dimitroff as the guy who turned this organization around.

The head coaching search is going exactly as it should be going. The Falcons have spoken to several people. I am happy that those that did not want the job have pulled their name out of the hat. The last thing this organization needs to do is rush the hiring process and hire someone that is a wrong fit for the job (just like we did with Pigtrino). The Falcons are taking their time to evaluate the coaching prospect and are going to hire the person that is the right fit for the new organizational philosophy.

If you think that Garrett or Caldwell pulling out of the running is in any way a failure or embarrassment, that is simply foolish. I have applied for jobs I did not want after the interview, and I have rushed to take jobs when I should have turned them down. The fact that we are not putting on the full court press to hire someone in a hurry is not an embarrassment - it is a blessing.

Blank is doing what he needs to do. He hired a great football mind to run the football side of the business. Now he needs to be patient and let the man do his job. Dimitroff is going to fix this organization.

Yo im excited to man. I don't know what it is, but i see the falcons making big moves this offseason. Dimitroff is going to be a legend in the falcons organization. Now all I need is for Ron Paul to win the presidency. I really want to get old n watch the falcons till i die, but the way this world is going i highly doubt we're going to b alive in by 2015.

I totally agree, and I certainly would rather have them pull out now, than before we're impregnated with them. :D:w00t:

In order not to repeat the Pigtrino Experiment, we need to find that HC that won't discover in hindsight that this job wasn't for him.

At some point, someone will rise out of the dust that buys into Thomas' philosophy of winning. When we do get a HC, there's not going to be any thought in his head of failure and/or moving on. This hire is for the duration. There's no looking ahead to our next HC. It's all about the next one being "the real deal".

celtik

celtiksage (1/17/2008)
I totally agree, and I certainly would rather have them pull out now, than before we're impregnated with them. :D:w00t:

In order not to repeat the Pigtrino Experiment, we need to find that HC that won't discover in hindsight that this job wasn't for him.

At some point, someone will rise out of the dust that buys into Thomas' philosophy of winning. When we do get a HC, there's not going to be any thought in his head of failure and/or moving on. This hire is for the duration. There's no looking ahead to our next HC. It's all about the next one being "the real deal".

celtik

Exactly. There are several people in the league now that are qualified to be a head coach. The idea is to find the one that has the same philosophy as Dimitroff, and will be able to rebuild this organization correctly.

I agree most everyone here when we say great post. I see too much negative post on this board. It's nice to see some positive stuff. That's why I finally signed up. What the Falcons need now is to here from all the true Falcon fans that we are behind them, and will be with them

Erock (1/17/2008)
I agree most everyone here when we say great post. I see too much negative post on this board. It's nice to see some positive stuff. That's why I finally signed up. What the Falcons need now is to here from all the true Falcon fans that we are behind them, and will be with them

Let me let you in on something...

These players will all be gone someday, so will the front office, owner, etc. The fans will STILL be Falcons and if they keep screwing up as they have been doing then we are the ones who are hurt and there will be negativity. We the fans are not ungrateful, those overpaid idiots are and they need to give us what we pay them to give us....wins!