Who feels like Garrett used us and Ravens to get a raise?

I think he saw that big tuna did and figured he could do the same thing. Why would he sit through 4 days of interviews just to decide he wants to stay as OC in Dallas?

I think this was his plan all along - unless the Falcons or Ravens decided to give him some stupid huge contract. - Reports say Ravens offered him 3million/year - 4 year contract.

I do not want this guy - I think he is just looking for a big payday, and I don't think he is the best candidate.

Jim Caldwell (1/17/2008)
I think he saw that big tuna did and figured he could do the same thing. Why would he sit through 4 days of interviews just to decide he wants to stay as OC in Dallas?

I think this was his plan all along - unless the Falcons or Ravens decided to give him some stupid huge contract. - Reports say Ravens offered him 3million/year - 4 year contract.

I do not want this guy - I think he is just looking for a big payday, and I don't think he is the best candidate.

Very common thing to take place this time of year. I think it's funny how the media plays it off like NO ONE wants to coach in Atlanta. Ridiculous. Garrett made the right move. He would have failed as a Head Coach. He wasn't ready, in my opinion. The Falcons will get the right guy this time, people. It will be worth the wait.

I don't think so at all. I think Garrett wanted to see how the interviews went and evaluate if their situation was one he wanted to step in to.

I think he realized he wasn't ready to step into that big of a role yet. Plenty of people on the boards and in the media have been saying it.. he has very little coaching experience.

Jim Caldwell (1/17/2008)

possible

Jim Caldwell (1/17/2008)

Slightly but I mainly think he was not confident in himself to become a HC.

Possible but umprobable.

The possible:

Garrett is a Dallas guy true and blue. He has an established relationship with Jerry Jones and that certain amount of comfort when dealing with familiar faces. He knows that Jones believes in him and he also knows that Dallas will continue to bring in top notch talent. He also knows by staying put that his opportunity will one day come in Dallas. When that day comes Garrett will have more experience and give himself more of a chance to be successful.

The unprobable:

The fact that Jones hired Garrett as the OC before he found the head coach speaks volumes about the confidence that Jones has in him as a coach. Jones could have given him the job last season and the only reason he didn't was because he felt that Garrett needed more experience. But, many consider the HC job in the NFL to be the most glorified posistion in all of sports. Only a small handful of these jobs become available every year and when a team offers you an interview to possibly land one of these jobs you entertain the idea by getting on a plane and making the trip.