ENTIRE FALCON SITUATION

D-Ray

I am tired of everyone putting the Falcons down. They are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The Falcons record could have easily been 7-9 or even better with a little momentum. The kicker that we found on the streets, Prader a.k.a "tat boy", lost the Jacksonville and Minnesota games. We lost in OT to the Cardinals and we were close in other games. A great head coach could turn the franchise around next year. There is young talent on both sides of the ball. Our offensive line has talent which includes Blaylock, Foster, Claybo, and Datish whom we drafted out of Ohio State last year. He was placed on the injured reserve before the season but would be an huge upgrade over McClure. Jerious Norwood would be way better paired with another back to carry the load. Roddy White and Laurent Robinson would improve with another season under Hue Jackson. We could address the QB position in the draft but we have a solid back-up in Redman. Our defense is not bad at all. We have young talent at all levels. Jamaal Anderson will pan out with a force at DT in the middle which can addressed in the draft. Trey Lewis is a quality DT that will continue to develop. Boley had a Pro Bowl caliber year and Nicholas could be a tackling machin at SLB. Our secondary is talented with the likes of D. Hall, Houston, and J. Williams. Milloy is a HOF caliber player that will serve as the leader on the defensive side of the ball. We could get rid of dead weight on the team such as Crumpler, Dunn, Coleman, Gandy, Forney, and Weiner. We could sign quality FAs Faneca, Haynesworth, L.J. Smith, and Terrell Suggs. A great draft by Dimitroff would improve the team as well. This is my mock for the Falcons-Trade first round pick to Dallas for their two first rounders-1a.Jeff Otah/1b.Frank Okam-2a.Kevin Smith/2b.John David Booty-3a.Branden Albert(huge OG from UVA)-4a.Eddie Royal/4b.Ben Moffitt(future replacement for Mr. Falcon Brooking)/5a.Marcus Monk/6a.Brandon Coutu/7a.Jamal Lewis(involved in car crash in which his best friend died beside him and played 2 days later-that speaks for itself). I want to put this in that I personally think that Schwartz from the Titans is a great HC Candidate that deserves a 2nd interview because he really knows his x's and o's. He is known for being intelligent with a great football mind. Let me know what you think about everything.

Considering everything the team endured this year, the Falcons were pretty respectable, not at all the total train wreck predicted at the beginning of the year. Of course 4-12 isn't exactly a walk in the park, but like you say, we do have some pieces to build around. Schwartz is a very interinsting candidate who has done well with the Oil--I mean Titans. I hope he is under strong consideration.

D-Ray (1/17/2008)
I am tired of everyone putting the Falcons down. They are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The Falcons record could have easily been 7-9 or even better with a little momentum. The kicker that we found on the streets, Prader a.k.a "tat boy", lost the Jacksonville and Minnesota games. We lost in OT to the Cardinals and we were close in other games. A great head coach could turn the franchise around next year. There is young talent on both sides of the ball. Our offensive line has talent which includes Blaylock, Foster, Claybo, and Datish whom we drafted out of Ohio State last year. He was placed on the injured reserve before the season but would be an huge upgrade over McClure. Jerious Norwood would be way better paired with another back to carry the load. Roddy White and Laurent Robinson would improve with another season under Hue Jackson. We could address the QB position in the draft but we have a solid back-up in Redman. Our defense is not bad at all. We have young talent at all levels. Jamaal Anderson will pan out with a force at DT in the middle which can addressed in the draft. Trey Lewis is a quality DT that will continue to develop. Boley had a Pro Bowl caliber year and Nicholas could be a tackling machin at SLB. Our secondary is talented with the likes of D. Hall, Houston, and J. Williams. Milloy is a HOF caliber player that will serve as the leader on the defensive side of the ball. We could get rid of dead weight on the team such as Crumpler, Dunn, Coleman, Gandy, Forney, and Weiner. We could sign quality FAs Faneca, Haynesworth, L.J. Smith, and Terrell Suggs. A great draft by Dimitroff would improve the team as well. This is my mock for the Falcons-Trade first round pick to Dallas for their two first rounders-1a.Jeff Otah/1b.Frank Okam-2a.Kevin Smith/2b.John David Booty-3a.Branden Albert(huge OG from UVA)-4a.Eddie Royal/4b.Ben Moffitt(future replacement for Mr. Falcon Brooking)/5a.Marcus Monk/6a.Brandon Coutu/7a.Jamal Lewis(involved in car crash in which his best friend died beside him and played 2 days later-that speaks for itself). I want to put this in that I personally think that Schwartz from the Titans is a great HC Candidate that deserves a 2nd interview because he really knows his x's and o's. He is known for being intelligent with a great football mind. Let me know what you think about everything.

crumpler,and coleman as dead weight? i agree with the others but i see u left the deadest of the dead weight off of your list..KEITH BROOKING Aka HIGHWAY 56....EVERYONE DRIVES RIGHT THRU HIM

I agree with quite a bit of your post, and would be happy with Swartz.

I wonder about the dead weight setion. Where I agree with your list, I think getting Hainsworth would just add to this. He is a force, but has injury problems along with our list of dead weights. Maybe your right and we can get a good solid year or 2 from him, but he scares me. The biggest part of you post is getting Faneca. I think this would be the single biggest FA pickup. He'd bring a proven track record, and veteran experience that would help our young guys on the OL.

D-Ray (1/17/2008)
The Falcons record could have easily been 7-9 or even better with a little momentum.

:D

Miami could've easily been 5-11 and St Louis could've easily been 7-9 and New Orleans could've easily won the division and Oakland could've easily been 6-10 and Buffalo could've easily been 10-6 and Dallas could've easily been 10-6 and.....

D-Ray (1/17/2008)

You are absolutely right. Dimitroff basically said the same thing in his press conference.

The problem with Coleman is injuries. Now he doesn't get hurt while playing the most dangerous of sports with 21 other players on the field who are the best at what they do during any given day.

No he gets hurt off of the field lifting weights or jet sking. When he is suppose to recover from a long season on his own time. If they could lock him up in the dome and keep him from relaxation he would be a pro bowler.

Greenwood (1/17/2008)
D-Ray (1/17/2008)
They are not as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

Yes they are. We were one of the worst teams in the NFL this year and we will be one of the worst teams in the NFL next year.

Stop trying to sugar coat things. We really are bad.

He's just looking at the glass as half full. We've got too many fans who always see the glass as half empty, or full of polluted water.

fan since 1968 (1/17/2008)

He's just looking at the glass as half full. We've got too many fans who always see the glass as half empty, or full of polluted water.

I understand. I'm just trying to look at it realistically.

Our glass isn't half full or half empty. It's 1/4 full or 3/4 empty.