If the Falcons use a top 5 pick ona a bar fighting RB in a year loaded at RB then they deserve to keep being the same ole Falcons.

halsey

halsey (1/16/2008)
The upcoming draft is loaded with RB's and the NFL has been full of backs just being plugged in all season. Only a foolish team would spend a top 5 pick on McFadden.

The draft may be loaded with RB's but how many do you think will make it in the nfl? Not many at all, if you have a chance to get the best RB in this years draft, you have to take him if hes there.

Sorry but most of the rbs coming out this year are never going to be as great in the nfl.

Kevin Smith could be the next T.J. Duckett, with his size and all.

The Falcons of all teams don't need to be taking a chance with a top 5 pick. There's so many reasons the Falcons should not take McFadden. I don't care if McFadden is the best RB prospect in the draft. RB has become a position so easy to find players at. Even the Chargers can just plug in thier backup and keep on running the ball down team's throats.

We should do the ******** thing and pass up on the most talented players for Jake Long. We don't need no Darren McFadden, what we need is a left tackle, because that's the most important part of any running play, the left tackle. We shouldn't spend a pick on Chris Long, either, what we need with someone that wouldn't have a clear role immediately? What we need is a huge Big-10 Robert Gallery-ish bulldozer to push the right end out of the way, to keep the pass rushing end from getting to Dunn or whatever inferior running back we find in a later round before they get mauled running up the gut.

halsey (1/16/2008)
The Falcons of all teams don't need to be taking a chance with a top 5 pick. There's so many reasons the Falcons should not take McFadden. I don't care if McFadden is the best RB prospect in the draft. RB has become a position so easy to find players at. Even the Chargers can just plug in thier backup and keep on running the ball down team's throats.

You take chances all threw the nfl draft not just the top 5 pick. You can easily find a OL in the draft, same with a QB, RB, DT, DE, and so on.

Twinblade (1/16/2008)
halsey (1/16/2008)
The upcoming draft is loaded with RB's and the NFL has been full of backs just being plugged in all season. Only a foolish team would spend a top 5 pick on McFadden.

The draft may be loaded with RB's but how many do you think will make it in the nfl? Not many at all, if you have a chance to get the best RB in this years draft, you have to take him if hes there.

Sorry but most of the rbs coming out this year are never going to be as great in the nfl.

Kevin Smith could be the next T.J. Duckett, with his size and all.

Funny you happen to use Kevin Smith for an example , I happen to think he will be the best RB for the pick in the Draft , him and Thomas Brown . Now I said for the pick . I really want Stewart bad but if he is gone we need to take Smith with our 3rd round pick , which is where he is rated to go . That would be a Steal IMO. He is almost identical size of McFad. Here's the thing , for the pick I'd much reather have Smith at the top of the 3rd than McFad with a top 5....... I know Mcfad may be a star but we need Ellis a lot more who will be a star also in the middle .

halsey (1/16/2008)

And there are so many reasons why they should take him. To name a few (unlike you), this team is in desperate need of a gamebreaker on offense. Norwood has breakaway speed, but is oft-injured and cannot carry the load for a full season. He is the best player in this draft, and we have the luxury of being in such need of anything and everything, and being so far away from being competitive, that we can afford to select the best player in the draft.

I completely agree. I'd take James Davis in the 3rd. He's got the speed, he's built better than Norwood, and he has some sick cuts. Put a good offensive line in front of him and he'll be great. Of course, that all goes out the window if Stewart or Mendenhall are sitting there at our 2nd round pick.

On a side note, the only reason I don't want Jamaal Charles is because he looks exactly like Norwood. He even has the odd leg movements:

Orange_Crush (1/16/2008)
I completely agree. I'd take James Davis in the 3rd. He's got the speed, he's built better than Norwood, and he has some sick cuts. Put a good offensive line in front of him and he'll be great. Of course, that all goes out the window if Stewart or Mendenhall are sitting there at our 2nd round pick.

On a side note, the only reason I don't want Jamaal Charles is because he looks exactly like Norwood. He even has the odd leg movements:

ido want Stewart if he is there at 34 but I think I'd rather have Smith with our 3rd than Medenhall with our 2nd/ JMO