update

dirtybirdies98 (1/16/2008)
garrett left atl at abt 5:45 eastern time to go back to dallas,atl is most likely 3rd option for him,top canidate is rex ryan

and we know that how ??? reports say that the Ravens have offered him the job, and he still interviewed a 2nd time with us. reports say we haven't made him an offer, he may not even be our 2nd or 3rd choice.

We'll just have to see how it plays out.

swiftkick (1/16/2008)
Rex Ryan would be like Jim Mora all over again...

How do you figure that? At least he has experience as a coordinator. I know you could almost map their lives by daddies job and all, but **** man, lets get Ryan in here to make a difference, huh! I mean evrything said about Singletary could be said about Garrett.

Spags, Schwartz and Caldwell would all be first time HC's so how can your statement be any different for them? The only candidates who are proven are not in the running.

rydolph (1/16/2008)
Garrett is playing a Parcells with us. He wasn't planning on coming here but merely upping his value with Jerry Jones and Dallas.

Finally someone said it. Jones told Garrett from the beginning that he would beat any offer to keep him in Dallas. No one is talking numbers until at least the second interview.

He's way too inexperienced to be head coach. He knows that. He is just building up for future year interviews.

The Falcons would have to be crazy to go from a long time experienced and successful coach in Reeves to Mora a long time experienced coordinator/positional coach to Petrino the successful college but barely present NFL coordinator to Garrett 2 years as Miami's QB coach, wow what a lot of success there to the OC this year.

Does everybody have a brain freeze? I don't get it. Does anyone see the downward spiral in lack of experience with each new coach? Nope sorry, lost me.

rydolph (1/16/2008)
Garrett is playing a Parcells with us. He wasn't planning on coming here but merely upping his value with Jerry Jones and Dallas.
how do you know AB isnt just jacking with jerry by making him up the ante for garrett!!! i bet we are just playing poker till spag is avail!!:cool: