The Deepest Draft In a While

cjhutch

Can anyone here remember a draft deeper than this one at so many key positions? I'm a young guy so I can't think back to the 70's or 80's like some of you. I look at the QB, RB, WR, and Defensive positions and I see multiple good players at each position. Much different than previous years where you had maybe 3 QB's, 4 RB's, maybe 2 DB's and everything else was a toss up.

This IS one of the deepest drafts in the last decade. The talent is thin in only a couple positions, like CB and G. But even in those positions there are at least a handful of quality players.

But this is the first draft in a while that I've been excited about watching the 2nd day stuff. In the past it was finding sleepers in the later rounds, this time we're still going to be picking top talent.

On a side note, I haven't thought about it, but the Pats losing that first rd pick for cheating, well that is just great. Thats one extra 1st round player that can drop to us in the 2nd. And to stop a team like the Pats, who are awesome at picking talent, to stop them from taking someone we might want, well it just makes me smile.

i disagree. every year people say this is the deepest draft ever and next year there won't be anyone left. but then the next year rolls around and underclassmen declare and it is deep again. i personally don't like several positions in this draft. safety is the weakest i've seen in a few years. there is not top notch QB. i don't like CB or center. DE is over rated after Long. Runningback is deep but it is every year. OT is the deepest position in the draft in my opinion. we had better get one in the first two rounds. there are some great prospects at the top of this draft. it's a good draft but no better than last year.

I actually think that this draft is much deeper than last years. I do agree that QB and Safety is not that strong but if you stack up the players from last year to this then I think you will see Top 10 talent WELL beyond the first 10.

Just because there isn't the Big Time QB in this draft just makes it a bit less sexy. But as talent goes, it is very deep.