When can we label Jamaal a bust?

Legion (1/16/2008)
He may be average or slightly above average, but he won't be a true bust. Who am I to judge you though? I was a bit upset when we got him because I didn't feel as though we should take a "project" player.

i agree with this, we dont have to worry about that anymore cause mckay is no longer running the draft.

ugadawg (1/16/2008)
after his 3rd year. He was a high risk high reward type of project. He was a WR that was changed to a DE and he has only been playing the spot for a bout 3 yrs now so lighten up and give the kid a chance to learn.

And where did we draft this raw, long-term project? With the 8th overall pick in the draft. Brilliant.

Can't we just say we shouldn't have picked him there, or call him a "not-so-good pick"? Seriously, unless your Miss Cleo Chiropractor, I have no idea why you think he can't get better. You remind me of all the doubters and naysayers that were hating on Roddy White last season. And he turned it around, I think you'll agree. Besides, even if he is a bust... what's it to you?

I don't think we can call him a bust after just one year. Yeah he didn't have any sacks this yr but he was an experiment coming out of college. Look at his #'s and how he helped in other aspects of the season he had i think 31 tackles and a forced fumble. that's not bad and i think he will improve.......On the flip side think about what it would've been like if we had Patrick Willis. That would've been awesome.

Oh well shoulda,woulda,coulda but didn't.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!

Give it a rest: the 2007 season is behind us and we should be looking forward to progress from Jamaal in 2008. We're not going to UNDRAFT him.

To paraphrase Monty Python:

The 'I want to whine about Jamaal' topic has passed on!

This topic is no more!

It has ceased to be!

It's expired and gone to meet its maker!

It's a stiff!

Bereft of life, it rests in peace!

Its metabolic processes are now history!

It's off the twig!

It's kicked the bucket

It's shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!.....THIS IS AN EX-Jamaal Topic!"

I had to make an account just for this thread. Back on draft day last year i was hoping the Redskins did not take Jamaal Anderson. I wanted LaRon Landry. If we were to take a defensive end like many analysts had predicted, i wanted Gaines Adams. I found it interesting that the Falcons took Anderson. Some mock drafts had him as a late 1st rounder or even a 2nd rounder. But nonetheless, you need to give him at least 1 more year before you label him a bust.

Last year simply wasn't that good of a year to draft a defensive end in the 1st. This upcoming draft however, has some talent. And luckily the falcons get a high pick and maybe you guys can land Chris Long. Hes the 1 player i want the most this year.