2008 Falcons Running Back

I put Norwood, from those choices. We didn't get to see much of Snelling last year (thanks to Quitrino). He still seems a little green to me. But Norwood would have to have someone to spell him. I wish there was some way to get Michael Turner thru FA, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

I voted Norwood...but it's not that simple in my opinion...

Ideally I'd like to see Dunn restructure his contract to something close to the league minimum so he could take a backseat to Norwood while continuing to mentor him. Also, I'd like to see us draft a big back to compliment Norwood in the draft or pick one up through free agency

norwood, guy never gets enough carrys, he averages like 6.5 ypc what the **** ever happened to the feature back days like when terrel davis, barry sanders and marshall faulk played? to be honest i hate the 2 back systems, doesnt give the back a chance to get into a groove.. yes i beieve there should be a power back and what not i just hate how most backs have to share carrys now.. but if somehow we land mcfadden i would be more then happen to have him be a feature back

My only problem with Norwood, and believe me there aren't many, is his durability. It seems like every third or fourth time he gets tackled he comes up limping. Now I watched him play at Miss St behind that horrid o-line against SEC defenses and never saw this issue. But, just as soon as he started to get some carries this year it kind of stuck out a little bit more. This could all be due to the fact that we have a college strength guy brought up by Pigtrino. Who knows.

Norwood's great in his current role, but I would be scared to death to put 20 carries on him every week when he gets dinged up as a change-of-pace back. Dunn's just too old, he's tiny and slow. Snelling could have a future as a utility back, but he's probably not going to be a major contributor anytime soon, if ever. We need some fresh blood.

Richard Nixon (1/16/2008)
Norwood's great in his current role, but I would be scared to death to put 20 carries on him every week when he gets dinged up as a change-of-pace back.

I agree about Norwood. He is a playmaker, but I just do not see him as an every down back. For one thing, his blocking is, well, mediocre at best. He probably could have had more of a feature role with a zone blocking scheme, but not with a power running game.

Dunn may have more in his tank, but again, he would need to be in a zone blocking offense, Besides being a great person, he is one of the best blockers on the team pound for pound.

I would like for us to get a Stuart or Mendenhall sized back [220-235 pounds] with similar speed. They have the size to wear down defenses and pound the football. They are the types of backs that get stronger as the game goes on and the defense gets tired. They can also get those extra 1-3 yards at the ends of their runs--think William Andrews or Gerald Riggs.

christian ruiz (1/16/2008)
I would def. put Norwood in a heart beat because he is young, powerful, extremely fast and he hasnt taken the pounding that Dunn has. Norwood is our guy, PERIOD

thank the lord someone has the same view as me thank you