our team was just bashed again on ESPN2! I dont know about everyone else but i am sick of this #####! what makes the Falcons such a bad job? Yeah we are the former team for Vick but that is about it. Our Defence is young and talented and on offence we need another running back. OL, and a young QB. To me this job isnt that bad and if i were a coach i actually would take the job. Sorry about the rant i am just a little pissed watching ESPN to see any info on coaching updates and our team is the only one getting bashed.

DemDirtyBirds4 (1/16/2008)
our team was just bashed again on ESPN2! I dont know about everyone else but i am sick of this #####! what makes the Falcons such a bad job? Yeah we are the former team for Vick but that is about it. Our Defence is young and talented and on offence we need another running back. OL, and a young QB. To me this job isnt that bad and if i were a coach i actually would take the job. Sorry about the rant i am just a little pissed watching ESPN to see any info on coaching updates and our team is the only one getting bashed.

Well one thing, I am all about you being upset...but please, if your going to gripe. at least know how to spell two of the easiest words in the english dictionary, defense, and offense.

If you take an honest and objective look at our roster you will see we have needs at:

QB, OL, RB, TE, WR, DL, LB, CB, FS, SS, & K

So basically we have needs at every postion except punter.

Oh yeah and we don't have a lot of cap space to work with compared to other teams.

There is a reason the Falcons are getting bashed. The Vick thing set us back a few years. Hiring Petrino set us back a few more. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

I saw that, and was pissed at that dude. A lot of ESPN analysts would say that Vick sucked. They felt like Atlanta would be better off without him. Atlanta needs a "pocket passer" and all that. We all know Vick messed up, we went through the season and realised that Atlanta sucks and needed to be rebuilt anyway, so you chalk this year upo as a loss and move on. LOL@ nobody wanting this job because of the Vick situation when he won't even be playing next year anyway, and I guess Blank is going to release him eventually. If I was some start up coach like Garrett, I would take the ATL job,try to make some changes on the team, and see what happens. I mean if the falcons have a better record next yearm they will overrate the coach anyway. It's better to be overrated in this situation than to be overrated and you ain't even head coached a game yet.

Shaunn Lobo (1/16/2008)

Well one thing, I am all about you being upset...but please, if your going to gripe. at least know how to spell two of the easiest words in the english dictionary, defense, and offense.

If you are going to correct someone's grammar or spelling you should probably double-check yourself first. ;) Enjoy! :D

Dictionary.com

Shaunn Lobo (1/16/2008)

im all about you replying but please stick to the topic and dont worry about my spelling

Dr John Zoidberg (1/16/2008)
If you take an honest and objective look at our roster you will see we have needs at:

QB, OL, RB, TE, WR, DL, LB, CB, FS, SS, & K

So basically we have needs at every postion except punter.

Oh yeah and we don't have a lot of cap space to work with compared to other teams.

There is a reason the Falcons are getting bashed. The Vick thing set us back a few years. Hiring Petrino set us back a few more. Unfortunately that's the way it is.

our major needs are OL, QB, RB, and K. We are fine at DL, CB, and TE. We do need to get a MLB to take over next year and a SS to take over for Milloy when he retires. And yes we do need another big WR but we have a young core of WR that are getting better.

Here's where I disagree with you. Are we BAD at WR, TE, LB, SS? No! We are decent. There isn't an immediate need to go out and draft a player for these positions except for MLB. BOLEY and NICHOLAS are fine LBs. We just need a MLB. Maybe one from FA or one from Draft.

Are we terrible at RB? I don't think so, we got Norwood and Snelling for now which will suffice if our line is patched up. We are giving FS to Crocker and Williams for now. They weren't awful.

That leaves QB, OL, DT, and K.

I don't think its hard to fill those in zoid.

You must have been a boone stutz fan.

ga.swamper (1/16/2008)
A young Guy could make quite a name for himself if he comes in and turns this thing around quick, and it's very possible with players we have already and the positions we hold in the draft that it could happen. DON'T WORRY, BE HOPPY;)

thats what i was thinking, it is one thing to take over a good coaches team and use his players but to be able to build a bad team up could make someone a great coach. Dont get me wrong our team is bad but has alot of bright spots.

SoCalFalconFan (1/16/2008)
Shaunn Lobo (1/16/2008)

If you are going to correct someone's grammar or spelling you should probably double-check yourself first. ;) Enjoy! :D

Dictionary.com

The original spelling is Defence and Offence we Americans added the S. If you are going to troll get your ##### together.

hiring a GM won't stop the criticism

hiring a Head Caoch won't stop the criticism

Winning Cures Everything, when we start winning watch the naysayers as they say nothing

ga.swamper (1/16/2008)
A young Guy could make quite a name for himself if he comes in and turns this thing around quick, and it's very possible with players we have already and the positions we hold in the draft that it could happen. DON'T WORRY, BE HOPPY;)

thats what i was thinking, it is one thing to take over a good coaches team and use his players but to be able to build a bad team up could make someone a great coach. Dont get me wrong our team is bad but has alot of bright spots.

Definite, he's a Buckie. Did you catch the "up there" in one of his other post?

Jigga Donkey (1/16/2008)
Twinblade (1/16/2008)
This isn't news to me, We have always been hated on by ESPN.

riight, because there's so much to love about your franchise.

Jigga if anyone can be a coward on a message board it is you. Why do you even waste your time talking trash on this site? Shouldn't you be talking with your fellow fans about how to win a home playoff game? Shouldn't you and your fans discuss how J.G. won a superbowl with Dungy's players and he hasn't done anything sense? Honestly, your franchise has some problems too so I think you should go to your site and discuss them with your fans ;)

We were 4-12 this season. We lost 5 other games by 7 points or fewer. This was during a year with a new coach. This was after losing our franchise player suddenly. This was with new coordinators. This was with a coach who didn't want to be here and quickly saw that he is not NFL material. We really could have won another 5 games with any kind of sane season, making our record 9-7. Sure we looked terrible in some of the games, but with a revolving door at QB it is pretty understandable. It helps being in a division that is pretty terrible anyway.

I like our CBs now, and feel pretty good about Roddy and Larent as 1-2 receivers. We had a great draft last year, if you consider Anderson, Blaylock, Houston, and Robinson as all starters. Additionally Nicholas and Lewis showed starter potential. Datish is an unknown at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him emerge. And add a couple of athletic secondary players who at the very least are decent special teams players. Personally, I think the grief that McKay has gotten for his drafts is way off. I would be very happy with a draft every year that reaps such players.

I am normally pessimistic, but now I really have some optimism about our position. A couple of free agents [including one Off. guard/tackle], another good draft, and a little maturing, and I think we have a competitive team.