Anyone Else Worried About Our Receivers Next Year?

formul8or

With Hue Jackson parting do you think it will affect our receivers? Roddy flat out sucked until Hue, he was a great player in college then goes pro and stinks the place up for a couple of years. I worry its because of coaching in college and then Hue that Roddy performed well.

I'd just feel better if Roddy was well coached for another year or two so his instincts would become more concrete for catching.

You don't forget things that your former teachers have taught you.

Of course, there is a little thing to worry about. If he could have continued his accelerated growth and become even better with Hue and Joe Horn mentoring him.

But, what's not to say that our future coaching staff might teach him just as well?

Im worried about anyone who has only had one good year, thats including Boley. Espically the recievers. I don't think that White will regress, hopefully, but we need to get a good staff to coach them. That is what the Mora regime didn't do was coach the talent up, so as long as we get a good staff we should be ok. I like Hue though, and I said it before the beginning of the season having him would do wonders because of what he did for TJ and Chad, and now Roddy. Im not sold on Robinson, one game was like 30% of his production and most of the yardage in that game came on one pass.

We'll be fine.

I could see us releasing Horn, naming White the #1 receiver, and letting Robinson and Jenkins battle it out to see who is going to start opposite him. Whichever one looses will make an above-average #3 receiver. Then we can keep Jennings around, draft a receiver in the second day, or grab someone via free agency or from the AFL to fill out the roster.

Besides, I don't think we'll be playing many 4 or 5 wide receiver sets this year, so as long as we can get 3 solid contributors, we should be in good shape.