What moves will the new GM take?

Stoney

As stated in his press conference he is re-building and as stated looking at the cap room that we have I think Dunn will not be here but Brooking will be for LEADERSHIP(and he buys into whatever he is told). I am a BIG Brooking fan but he has lost a step, and Stephen Nicholas, or Tony Taylor can fill the void. I hope D-Hall is back but if asking to much money he too could be gone and J-Will maybe back at CB. Last but not least LET BYRON GO...

What do you guys think...

IF IT IS TO BE..ITS UP TO ME!!!!

yeah old brooking has lost a step,but so has vilma,gold,seau,thomas,lewis,etc...

i believe we need two things, a good run stopper in the middle and a young middle linebacker.these are our keys in the draft,maybe tre lewis can stay healthy,cause i like his size in the middle of that field.ellis is our guy this year,no health issues,strong,powerful,and someone they can key on,that will leave it open for jamaal,abe,keith or any other blitzer. in my opinion..............

If Brooking will take a pay cut then I say stay. This draft I just dont see a QB that is 1st or 2nd round material. I think too much needs to be done on the OL, and now I am curious about Alge Crumpler. He didnt show alot of heart to me..and he seems to gain weight,and I think the only way he gets open is with a scrambling QB. I would maybe look at another TE, if he doesnt produce I say goodbye to him to..

Stoney (1/16/2008)
If Brooking will take a pay cut then I say stay. This draft I just dont see a QB that is 1st or 2nd round material. I think too much needs to be done on the OL, and now I am curious about Alge Crumpler. He didnt show alot of heart to me..and he seems to gain weight,and I think the only way he gets open is with a scrambling QB. I would maybe look at another TE, if he doesnt produce I say goodbye to him to..

I agree with most of what you said. As for TE, we have a rookie named Milner.

Stoney (1/16/2008)
Milner was good at UGA, but I dont see him as a elite TE something we need, like an Winslow,Gates, or a Vernon Davis. Someone more ATHLETIC.

START PLAYING HIM, AND YOU'LL SEE SOMEONE MORE ATHLETIC. How many Winslow's or Gates do you think are out there ............ not many:)

REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
Stoney (1/16/2008)
Milner was good at UGA, but I dont see him as a elite TE something we need, like an Winslow,Gates, or a Vernon Davis. Someone more ATHLETIC.

START PLAYING HIM, AND YOU'LL SEE SOMEONE MORE ATHLETIC. How many Winslow's or Gates do you think are out there ............ not many:)

If you're desperate find an oversized WR and try him out.

Stoney (1/16/2008)
I would take Quinn(maybe give a 2nd for him) in a heartbeat...Milner is like 6'6" 250-260 and doesn't have the softest hands in the league(which i feel #83 has lost).. a run blocker yes but full time TE...not sure.

This is what a TE is. An extra blocker with some receiving plays. We need to enforce the run and to tell the truth, Crumpler is still okay. He's an above average TE.

Stoney (1/16/2008)
As stated in his press conference he is re-building and as stated looking at the cap room that we have I think Dunn will not be here but Brooking will be for LEADERSHIP(and he buys into whatever he is told). I am a BIG Brooking fan but he has lost a step, and Stephen Nicholas, or Tony Taylor can fill the void. I hope D-Hall is back but if asking to much money he too could be gone and J-Will maybe back at CB. Last but not least LET BYRON GO...

What do you guys think...

IF IT IS TO BE..ITS UP TO ME!!!!

If he's got a hair on his ##### and Blank & McKay let him do his job he'll more than likely release Brooking and Dunn and create more cap room. I figure if you can let 14 sacks go (Kerney) you can sure afford to part with a guy who thinks a tackle is when he piles on at the end of a play and a rb whose best days are far behind him.

REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
Stoney (1/16/2008)

I agree that he is Athletic enough and I believe he will be a GOOD TE - but he is still a little green. He sat behind Ben Watson for 1 year and Lenard Pope for 2 years so he really got playing time only in his senior year.. But I think he got good training behind those two. I seen his high light reels and he is very athletic. Very Good a catching passes in full stride.

From locker room standpoint I think Brooking stays, although games are not won in the locker room. He should have to take a pay cut. Dunn is a popular community guy but I think he is gone along with Joe horn. Algie can still produce and can get open but it really depends on how the new HC likes to use the TE.

I think you need to keep Brooking and Dunn. They both have bought into the team concept time and time again. Brooking has moved from outside to inside back outside and yet again back inside and never complained (team player). I would ask if Brooking would take a pay cut though. Dunn has done everything the coachs have asked him (plus great for the community). I would hate to do it but if your rebuilding trade Hall for more draft picks, his contract is up next year and you don't know if he is going to stay. Try to trade Crumpler too if possible. Why is everbody so down on Byron Leftanklewhich use him for 1 more year we don't have alot of money tied up in him. You have to let a young QB mature for 1 to 2 years so you need a stop gap.

I just don't see the benefit in bringing back Warrick Dunn another year. I think Brooking has a good chance to stick around. Coleman, for me, is on the fence. When he is healthy he is great. Haven't seen him healthy in a while though. I don't know the specifics about Joe Horn's contract, but he seems to help out @ the WR position as far as showing those guys how to practice and prepare. Would like to see him stick around another year.

I know how people love brooking. its over. he is a leader, but we need players right now. we need someone who can make a play and not take a 10 mil cap hit. you talk about getting rid of byron leftwich, but his hit is only 2 mil. we need to keep him. he has actually taken a team to the playoffs before. he will be on this team. brooking dunn gandy and maybe coleman are gone this will give us about 25 mil in cap space. that is what we need to build the team...cap space. not old unprductive guys. brooking makes 100 tackles and none of them are impact plays. he doesn't knock anyones block off, he doesn't chase down any plays until they are 5- 10 yards downfield.

we need to get younger at key positions....rb,lb,lt

There is no reason what so ever to think that Brady Quinn is like Joey Harrington. Im sorry to say that you pulled that right straight out of your ##### my friend. With him Notre Dame went 9-3 and without him that might have been the worst team in school history. I like him because he is a pocket guy and isn't a brick wall standing back there, he can actually move a little and played very well in pre season. If the FO is gonna throw away the number 3-5 pick overall for a QB I would rather trade it for him then go after Ryan or any of the other jokers in this draft.

As far as a TE goes, Crump is too far on the recieving side. I like a balanced TE someone who can catch the ball and is atheletic but is also isnt going to be a liability when asked to pick up a blitz. Someone to watch for is Chris Brown from Tennessee, he stayed in as a back to block a lot because he was such a good blocker and caught the ball quiet a bit. Not to mention that Cutcliff said that he was what he was looking for while recruiting other TE's is "another chris brown" and he coached Jason Witten.

Also, I understand that Brooking is a leader and has been Mr. Falcon for a long time. This team is going to have to start over from the ground up. We need people to establish themselves are leaders who are going to be there in 4 years and not at shady oaks retirement home. If he will take a pay cut the we should keep him, but Dunn should be gone for sure.