Jimmy Williams

Do you guys consider Jimmy Williams a bust? He has all the tools to become a great free safety,hes fast, strong, good tackler. I haven't followed him much this year because I live in Canada and I don't get to see many games. Can somebody explain why he doesn't play as much and could he become our starting free safety next year? I know when he came out of college he was one of the best DB's.

FalconFan21 (1/15/2008)
Do you guys consider Jimmy Williams a bust? He has all the tools to become a great free safety,hes fast, strong, good tackler. I haven't followed him much this year because I live in Canada and I don't get to see many games. Can somebody explain why he doesn't play as much and could he become our starting free safety next year? I know when he came out of college he was one of the best DB's.
That idiot Petrino didn't like him.

I really hope Jimmy gets a chance to start next year, because with his physical attributes he could become of the best safeties. Just imagine our secondary next year with D-Hall, improved Houston, and improved Williams. This might end up being one of the best secondaries the Falcons ever had.

xnex (1/15/2008)
My opinion is that WIlliams is going to end up being a very poor pick for our team. I feel really sure that if he doesn't make huge strides next season, then he will end up being a bust for sure.

LAST YEAR ..... RIGHT AROUND THIS SAME TIME ...... SOMEONE WAS SAYING THE VERY SAME THING ABOUT RODDY WHITE:)

REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
xnex (1/15/2008)
My opinion is that WIlliams is going to end up being a very poor pick for our team. I feel really sure that if he doesn't make huge strides next season, then he will end up being a bust for sure.

LAST YEAR ..... RIGHT AROUND THIS SAME TIME ...... SOMEONE WAS SAYING THE VERY SAME THING ABOUT RODDY WHITE:)

great point here.

Jimmy Williams stands between 6'2" and 6'3" (was said to be 6'3" for draft purposes) and can really run (I think its a 4.4 in the 40). He has the physical ability, but with Petrino and Zimmer here it seems that not much was done to help him or Anderson to progress. We have the players (See also Daren Stone at 6'3" plus), we just need someone here who'll put in the time to develop these guys.

REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
xnex (1/15/2008)

i never thought roddy white was going to be a bust. wr take a few years to come around and when i watched him, i could see that he would be a good one. there was just something there with white however with williams, i just dont see it. he has all the tools but something is missing. he never seems to be in the right place at the right time and when he is in the wright place he seems to be a step behind. i will give him one more season(cause he does have the tools) but so far he has been a huge bust.

dan minnich (1/16/2008)
REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
xnex (1/15/2008)

i never thought roddy white was going to be a bust. wr take a few years to come around and when i watched him, i could see that he would be a good one. there was just something there with white however with williams, i just dont see it. he has all the tools but something is missing. he never seems to be in the right place at the right time and when he is in the wright place he seems to be a step behind. i will give him one more season(cause he does have the tools) but so far he has been a huge bust.

White dropped passes all of the time...

Williams has been solid against the run. He hasn't been a Cromartie or Ed Reed, but man did ever come at a bad time. 2 seasons of bad to worst that cannot be blamed on any players...not even Dunn who I do not like.

Legion (1/16/2008)
dan minnich (1/16/2008)
REV.2000 (1/16/2008)
xnex (1/15/2008)

White dropped passes all of the time...

Williams has been solid against the run. He hasn't been a Cromartie or Ed Reed, but man did ever come at a bad time. 2 seasons of bad to worst that cannot be blamed on any players...not even Dunn who I do not like.

i know white dropped passes but i could just see watching him play that he would get over that. he still doesnt catch the ball clean but he has been a lot better. he was working hard, running good routes, i just thought he would figure it out. jerry rice, dropped a lot of passes his first year as a 9er. im in no way comparing white to rice but thats just an example.

like i said i just dont see it in williams, he just never seems to be in the right place or a playmaker. maybe he needs to get on the field, who knows.

falconva7 (1/16/2008)
I'm hoping the next coach staff feels comfortable enough with him to let him start at FS. It's probably not helping that every year he's either learning a new scheme or a new position, or something...

Don't you have to put some of the blame on JIMMY WILLIAMS

He didn't play much under Mora and Donatell and he didn't play much under Zimmer who did a lot of work with him during OTA's and other off season programs yet he barely got on the field. He's got all the tools but I don't know if he'll be able to put it all together (I would love for him to but just don't know if he'll get it).