Jaamal Anderson

You guys need to get off Jaamal Andersons back,you cant judge him as a bust after his first year.He is still only 21 years old,Strahan played 9 games and only got one sack his rookie year and look at Aaron Kampmon a nobody to one of the best DE's in the game.A sack does not measure a defensive end anyway,as long as he is consistantly getting pressure he will be fine.dirtybird41

Dustin Stevens (1/15/2008)
You guys need to get off Jaamal Andersons back,you cant judge him as a bust after his first year.He is still only 21 years old,Strahan played 9 games and only got one sack his rookie year and look at Aaron Kampmon a nobody to one of the best DE's in the game.A sack does not measure a defensive end anyway,as long as he is consistantly getting pressure he will be fine.dirtybird41

Jamaal deserves criticism. He played sixteen games and had virtually NO impact.

The comparisons to emerging players such as Mario Williams, Aaron Kampman and others shouldn't be made..

Jamaal has a talent problem and no weight program ,stronger coaching or defensive scheme change will be able to correct it..

Jamaal may need to move back to tight end to savage his career..

McKay's last first round pick was the proverbial nail in the coffin..

You don't pick projects with first round picks, and that's exactly what McKay did..

Thank you, finally an intelligent thought about a first year, young possible for the future. It gets me how some people expect a player like this to come right in and be a Patrick Kerney in there first year right out of college and if not throw them right under the bus. How foolish.:w00t:

I'VE NEVER SAID THAT HE WAS A BUST. BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THAT HE'S NOT THE DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR EITHER. THIS KID NEEDS TO GET MEAN AND GET A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER, AND HE BETTER DO IT FAST ..... LIKE RIGHT NOW:)

REV.2000 (1/15/2008)

I'VE NEVER SAID THAT HE WAS A BUST. BUT YOU'VE GOT TO ADMIT THAT HE'S NOT THE DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR EITHER. THIS KID NEEDS TO GET MEAN AND GET A CHIP ON HIS SHOULDER, AND HE BETTER DO IT FAST ..... LIKE RIGHT NOW:)

If us fans doubt him, and he knows it, then maybe that can be the chip on his shoulder.

raven reborn (1/16/2008)
He is a baby. I couldn't imagine being younger than me and going up against seasoned old pros. I hope he pulls a ROddy on us next season

He will not do anything. How many games did he have without a tackle?

HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DEFEND THE RUSH!!! AND HE IS GOING WITHOUT TACKLES IN SOME GAMES!!

Legion (1/16/2008)
Chiropractor (1/15/2008)
He is a huge bust. Probably the biggest bust of the 21st Century, albeit only 8 years old.

They said the same about Mario Williams

Only in relation to being chosen over Reggie Bush.

Mario was supposed to be a first rounder. Alot of teams wanted him.

Jamaal was supposed to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Nobody really wanted him that bad.

But of course, McKay jumped all over him, like he was the second coming of Jesus.

McKay jumped on him because we had a glaring need at defensive end after letting Kerney walk. I just don't understand why people don't realize next season is a new year for him to prove himself. He came in and got valuable experience during a "wasted" season. To label him a bust after 16 career games is ridiculous.

vicklanta07 (1/16/2008)
McKay jumped on him because we had a glaring need at defensive end after letting Kerney walk. I just don't understand why people don't realize next season is a new year for him to prove himself. He came in and got valuable experience during a "wasted" season. To label him a bust after 16 career games is ridiculous.

true