Smoke Screen

AkCraigg

The Ravens offer Jason Garrett the job, then four hours later we do? I don't think so. Jerry Jones has already set up plans to give Garrett the Cowboys reigns in 1-3 years. He'll match the cash and Garrett will go back to Dallas.

I predict that Garrett will remain a Cowboy.

That puts the Ravens HC job on the spot. They will not take Rex Ryan back from what I hear. The Ravens were the only club not to interview Schwartz. If Rex didn't land a job as a HC, he was hoping to be the Bengals Defensive Coordinator. That is not going to happen because they just signed our Ex-DC.

Schwartz is one of the most sought after coaches this off-season. He met with the Falcons the day after the Dimitroff interview. Dimitroff and Schwartz have a history, as do Dimitroff and Ryan. I almost want to say Schwartz comes out of right field and lands the job. That still leaves one of the most talented defensive coordinators in the league job-less. If Dimitroff can pull of a Schwartz as HC, and Ryan as DC. Brilliant.

Everyone hang in there, it'll all be over soon.:w00t:

Thank You! I agree that this Garrett nonesense is just that...nonesense. Dallas will most likely match any offer and they just want Garrett to be seasoned in 2 years to take over. Because they should know better than anybody...He aint ready to be a Head coach right now

Its not really so much the over-hyped rumors of us offering Garret the job, its the fact we all forgot about someone. That someone is Schwartz. Dimitroff stated he wanted to take a Patriots type outlook on our team, and institute some of that culture. Well in doing so, wouldn't you want someone to lead your team like Bill Belichick? Schwartz is an economist like Belichick, and was his Protege in Cleaveland. This whole process has been chaos. We all thought Heckert would be our GM, but Dimitroff comes out of right field. I'd expect that same thing to happen with the HC.

Don't forget, Dimitroff comes from the Patriots. Sometimes the best move is to take the best talent available, even if it doesn't fit your system perfectly. Point here being, we don't have a new system yet, so maybe Garrett is the best young coach available. I don't know, I don't know much about the guy. I'm just throwing ideas out there.