what team ended the Packers undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field

olehippy13

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)
On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

I just love these kind of post. Now, I wonder who motivated this team to do that. Let me say it. Mike Vick. ;)

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)
On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

Ah, those were the days. It was a great time to be a Falcon fan.:)

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)

Yep, but the only problem with that is look at where the two franchises are now. One is back in the playoffs and the favorite to go to the Super Bowl, still being led by their franchise QB. The other is in the toilet after a ridiculous season and, and their former franchise QB is in prison.

As much as I want to smile about this memory, I find it hard to so these days.

That's great and everything. Was a great win and a wonderful night. I was so proud of Vick and the Falcons......

BUT it's 2008 and the Falcons are no better off now than they were that night and Green Bay is about to host the NFC Championship game...

Thanks for the memories anyway :cool:

Hey, I agree, this past year was a shambles.....I'm just trying to stoke the glimmer that is still there.....the Phoenix , er ..ahh the Falcon will rise out of the ashes......its gonna happen again.......oh yeah.

I've seen alot go down since 1966.....they will be back in the playoff's .....

but for now....I like to look back at the power years of the Falcons......grin.....hope for the future.

hey yawl keep smilin,

birdweiserrr (1/15/2008)
In January 2008, Vick, led by Federal Marshals, entered the US Penitentiary at Leavenworth to serve out a 23 moth sentence on dog fighting related charges.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussions about the Atlanta Falcons.

The OP was about the Falcons. More importantly it was about Falcons FOOTBALL which, ironically, your post has absolutely NOTHING to do with.;)

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)
I remember the first girl I kissed. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair and big brown eyes. She called me a few years ago. She lives in Houston with her female partner and works as a plumber.

Just like the subject of your memory, she ain't coming back and she can't help me now.

gritblitzer (1/15/2008)
olehippy13 (1/15/2008)
I remember the first girl I kissed. She was beautiful. She had long blonde hair and big brown eyes. She called me a few years ago. She lives in Houston with her female partner and works as a plumber.

Just like the subject of your memory, she ain't coming back and she can't help me now.

laughing......oh man ...I certainly hope not......

1998 was a great year for the Falcons.....oh yeah.....Dirty Birds .....

hawkman (1/15/2008)
olehippy13 (1/15/2008)

****, you made me get all teary eyed.:crying:

gritblitzer (1/15/2008)
olehippy13 (1/15/2008)

:laugh:

Brutha Mike (1/15/2008)
Ya'll remember Finn's drop in the opener in GB that year? Why doesn't anyone have video of this? It makes some of Roddy's drops look like child's play.

Yes, I remember that drop. The bigger question is why would somebody want to keep a video of that?

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)
you betcha....that was a classic.

Ole Vick was at his best ......the Falcons shone bright that night....

oh and ah...

keep smilin,

You mean that Michael conVick was the quarterback that night, he's in a federal prison right now what good is that doing the Falcons. I think some people would rather see Mike Vick playing quarterback than see the Falcons win football games, including Arthur Blank. As long as Mr. Blank is 100% committed to winning with Michael Vick and only Michael Vick at quarterback the Falcons will suffer. Blank is willing to sacrifice the teams success for 3 years so he can bring his criminal quarterback back.

olehippy13 (1/15/2008)

AND WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ...................... NOW? I MEAN WHY BRING IT UP OUT OF THE BLUE? WHAT KIND OF RESPONCE ARE YOU TRYING TO GET?

hawkman (1/15/2008)
olehippy13 (1/15/2008)

yes it was, remember the steeler game in overtime, one of my best games ever

Brutha Mike (1/15/2008)
Because it might be the single worst drop int he history of football. It would just be a nice keepsake. :P

Nah....The worse drop in history was by Tight End, Jackie Smith, playing for the Dallas Cowboys in the SuperBowl against the Pittsburg Steelers. It would have been the go ahead score in the 4th quarter. Roger Staubach scrambles and then tosses about a 12 yard pass to Smith in the endzone. The ball was slightly low, Smith went down on his knees to catch the ball. The ball hit him about belly level, and he dropped it. Nobody blamed Hall of Famer Jackie Smith. Staubach said that he possibly threw the ball too soft. Anyway....Cowboys lost by 4 if I remember correctly.

That is the worse drop of all time. Everybody felt sorry for Smith. Smith came out of retirement to help the Cowboys. I was a huge Cowboy fan and I felt sorry for him also.