New GM says he's gonna believes in building through the draft, so........

I'm thinkin' he's tradin' that Top 5 pick. Most people believed the Pats would trade away their pick when the 9ers had a Top 5 pick a few weeks ago. And Dimitroff is bringing the Pats team and management philosophy with him.

I would say the chances of trading away that Top 5 pick have just increased exponentially.

And that's jsut fine by me.:D

squirreldawg (1/15/2008)
I'm thinkin' he's tradin' that Top 5 pick. Most people believed the Pats would trade away their pick when the 9ers had a Top 5 pick a few weeks ago. And Dimitroff is bringing the Pats team and management philosophy with him.

I would say the chances of trading away that Top 5 pick have just increased exponentially.

And that's jsut fine by me.:D

Thats fine with me too. This draft should be an excellent one for us.

Twinblade (1/15/2008)
I highly doubt it...Why trade away a top 5 pick when we can land a good player like McFadden, Dorsey, etc.

Just look at how the Pats draft and use FA. They don't go after big $$$$$$$$ guys unless they have proven they are big-time NFL players i.e. Adelius Thomas(not just potential stars). With the depth of this draft and the uncertainty of the cap-space...I can easily (and hopefully) see the Falcons trading away that Top 5 pick.

squirreldawg (1/15/2008)
Twinblade (1/15/2008)
I highly doubt it...Why trade away a top 5 pick when we can land a good player like McFadden, Dorsey, etc.

Just look at how the Pats draft and use FA. They don't go after big $$$$$$$$ guys unless they have proven they are big-time NFL players i.e. Adelius Thomas(not just potential stars). With the depth of this draft and the uncertainty of the cap-space...I can easily (and hopefully) see the Falcons trading away that Top 5 pick.

Not if one of the players they want is still on the board. No team can trade up that easy.

Twinblade (1/15/2008)
squirreldawg (1/15/2008)
Twinblade (1/15/2008)

Not if one of the players they want is still on the board. No team can trade up that easy.

Players who wants???? Are we speakin' two different languages or something.

squirreldawg (1/15/2008)
Twinblade (1/15/2008)
squirreldawg (1/15/2008)
Twinblade (1/15/2008)

Players who wants???? Are we speakin' two different languages or something.

A player like McFadden, Dorsey, Long, no, we will not trade down if we do trade down, we will not leave the top 10.