Lots of stuff about the Dimitroff Video has me irked

red2play

Dimitroff reporting to McKay???

Dimitroff AND BLANK making the final decision of draft picks?

Blank was answering questions and interrupting Dimitroff?

This has a VERY good chance of blowing up in our faces.

BLANK needs to stay out of the way, HANDS OFF!!! and McKay being his boss????? WTH?

red2play (1/15/2008)

BLANK needs to stay out of the way, HANDS OFF!!! and McKay being his boss????? WTH?

That is THE main thing that irked me at the PC as well, when King Arthur interupted Dimitroff and answering the questions as he saw fit, that leads me to believe that he is going to have his hands in personnel decisions, if so that could be a bad thing. Arthur won't hire a guy that will stand up to him like Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, I know they both turned us down but it just seems that he always goes with the KID that he can push around.

Arthur Blank: Owner

Rich McKay: President

Thomas Dimitroff: GM w/final say on football side.

Thomas reports to Rich and Arthur. Rich reports to Arthur. Thomas has final say over football side of operations and can only be vetoed by the owner. This is the setup of many franchises in the NFL. Arthur writes the check, so he MUST sign off on any decision where money is involved.

bossFALCON (1/15/2008)
AND OMG THIS ALSO HAS A CHANCE TO BE GOOD AND MAKE THIS TEAM A WINNING FRANCHISE BUT WE JUST WANT TO BE NEGATIVE AND HOPE FOR THE WORST!!!:crazy: OMG!!! dont look now but the sky is falling!!!

No, its not being negative, its being practical. Blank making decisions about personnel sounds like interfering and McKay being his boss makes no sense.

BigBird (1/15/2008)
red2play (1/15/2008)

That is THE main thing that irked me at the PC as well, when King Arthur interupted Dimitroff and answering the questions as he saw fit, that leads me to believe that he is going to have his hands in personnel decisions, if so that could be a bad thing. Arthur won't hire a guy that will stand up to him like Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, I know they both turned us down but it just seems that he always goes with the KID that he can push around.

and people wonderering why petrino left:w00t::w00t::w00t:

The Cush (1/15/2008)
Arthur Blank: Owner

Rich McKay: President

Thomas Dimitroff: GM w/final say on football side.

Thomas reports to Rich and Arthur. Rich reports to Arthur. Thomas has final say over football side of operations and can only be vetoed by the owner. This is the setup of many franchises in the NFL. Arthur writes the check, so he MUST sign off on any decision where money is involved.

Couldn't have said that any better!

red2play (1/15/2008)
bossFALCON (1/15/2008)
AND OMG THIS ALSO HAS A CHANCE TO BE GOOD AND MAKE THIS TEAM A WINNING FRANCHISE BUT WE JUST WANT TO BE NEGATIVE AND HOPE FOR THE WORST!!!:crazy: OMG!!! dont look now but the sky is falling!!!

No, its not being negative, its being practical. Blank making decisions about personnel sounds like interfering and McKay being his boss makes no sense.

so you are saying you are upset because they didn't check with you?

McKay will be gone in not over 17 months, the contract he signed yesterday was only for 17 months.

17 month is at the end of next season.

One season and Rich is gone, unless he gets a job offer and leaves much sooner.

Who else does that leave, Mr Blank.

Blank didn't give the team away, he simply hired an Experienced GM.

chill dude...

Jedi-Falcon (1/15/2008)
It's actually common sense. Dimitroff has never been a GM before so he will be given time to prove himself and work himself into full control. I wouldn't just blindly hand Dimitroff the keys and let him take off in the Porsche (or in this case - the Pinto) without showing me he can drive it.

What you should actually do is push the Pinto off a cliff and shoot yourself for driving such a piece of crap. :Whistling:

Rich McKay's relationship with the Falcons has changed only in title and as a result we're still stuck in the mud.

Sweet Jesus.

It just means that he has to hand the contracts to Arthur and say, "This is what I decided to do."

And if something in there is crazy, Arthur will say no.

"You want to give a billion dollars over 5 years to Boone Stutz? Sorry Dimi..... Ain't signing this one."

Or if he wants to fire the HC, he has to run it by AB first.

"It's only been one game? We can't fire Lombardi Clone!"

AB ain't going to be in the Draft Room with him screaming, "I said McFadden Beeotch!!!!!"

londonfalcon (1/15/2008)
Did you see the way Blank was sitting when Tom speaking, he totally disrespected him init. I would've run over and busted his mouth for that.

Just felt like adding to the total crap level on the boards!!:hehe:

I heard that Dimitroff flashed a gang sign during the press conference. He must be a thug.....

Hope I just added to the crap avalanche.

Dedsquirrl (1/15/2008)
Sweet Jesus.

It just means that he has to hand the contracts to Arthur and say, "This is what I decided to do."

"You want to give a billion dollars over 5 years to Boone Stutz? Sorry Dimi..... Ain't signing this one."

AB ain't going to be in the Draft Room with him screaming, "I said McFadden Beeotch!!!!!"

Who is Blank to decide whether something is crazy or not? Let the football people handle the football. Blank needs to sit down, shut up, and sign checks. He hired people to run his football team and he needs to let them do just that.

Micromanaging is best reserved for fast food organizations. I don't believe the Falcons are a fast food franchise.

btrain5489 (1/15/2008)
Dedsquirrl (1/15/2008)
Sweet Jesus.

Who is Blank to decide whether something is crazy or not? Let the football people handle the football. Blank needs to sit down, shut up, and sign checks. He hired people to run his football team and he needs to let them do just that.

Micromanaging is best reserved for fast food organizations. I don't believe the Falcons are a fast food franchise.

It sounds like more of the same crap that we've had to deal with for the last 4 years. I'm not looking forward to the Dimitroff regime if Artie and Rich are still tugging the strings.

Let me simplify something for you. McKay has been handling contract negotiations for many, many years. Dimitroff has been a scout.

Do you want Dimitroff handling the contract negotiations?

The Blank part I definitely don't agree with, but ****.. its finally working in Dallas.

I think this will go down as the best hire ever !!!! I have reasons to say this , but I'm tired of saing it , How neagative can a Football board get ??? :sick:

Everything TD said got me more excited !! Love this guy , He is the Key that will unlock the Door to success here ! ! Remember what I siad . It's all about FA pick ups and the DRAFt and that is what he said and believes , and I couldn't agree more !!! Yes ! Yes ! they finially saw the light .;)

nuccah (1/15/2008)
Let me simplify something for you. McKay has been handling contract negotiations for many, many years. Dimitroff has been a scout.

Do you want Dimitroff handling the contract negotiations?

The Blank part I definitely don't agree with, but ****.. its finally working in Dallas.

You do realize that Jerry Jones has been in football his entire life right? The guy actually played college football at Arkansas... Jerry Jones has played the game on a reasonably high level and has been an owner for a pretty long time. Between those two things (mainly because of the first) Jones' opinion on football decisions carries a bit more weight than Blank's ever will. Jones has probably forgotten more football than Blank will ever know.

The question isn't whether Dimitroff needs help like advice but having a hands on owner is ALWAYS a bad thing.

Birdmahn (1/15/2008)
If I pay 500 million for an NFL franchise, I'm having the final say too. If people don't like that. Tough.

Again, having the owner on the sidelines during games and having THE FINAL WORD in the draft is a BAD THING. Daniel Snyder 2.0 and add a piece of Jerry Jones.

LEAVE THE TEAM TO AN EXPERT.

It's Blank's money. Are you honestly suggesting that he should allow his GM total freedom to give $100m+ contracts to players without having to get any approval from the owner? I doubt than any owner in the NFL gives his GM carte blanche to spend his money that way.

Having the power of veto doesn't mean that Arthur Blank is intefering in every decison, deciding who we should draft and sign, or vetoing proposed personnel decisons in favour of players that he just happens to want. A good owner supports and endorses his GM's player evaluations and personnel decisions, reteining a power of veto which should only be used in exceptional circumstances.

People accuse Blank of interfering, but there is absolutely no evidence at all of Blank vetoing proposed FA signings; deciding who we should sign, draft or trade for; deciding which playes should be cut/traded; or having any input concerning schemes and which players should start etc. I doubt that people like Dan Reeves and Rich McKay would have wanted to work for him if that were the case.

ukfalc (1/15/2008)
It's Blank's money. Are you honestly suggesting that he should allow his GM total freedom to give $100m+ contracts to players without having to get any approval from the owner? I doubt than any owner in the NFL gives his GM carte blanche to spend his money that way.

Having the power of veto doesn't mean that Arthur Blank is intefering in every decison, deciding who we should draft and sign, or vetoing proposed personnel decisons in favour of players that he just happens to want. A good owner supports and endorses his GM's player evaluations and personnel decisions, reteining a power of veto which should only be used in exceptional circumstances.

People accuse Blank of interfering, but there is absolutely no evidence at all of Blank vetoing proposed FA signings; deciding who we should sign, draft or trade for; deciding which playes should be cut/traded; or having any input concerning schemes and which players should start etc. I doubt that people like Dan Reeves and Rich McKay would have wanted to work for him if that were the case.

Do you remember what Reeves said about Blank wanting Peerless Price? "Blank wanted him and signed him".

Who picked Mora Jr? Blank because of a couple of trick plays he drew up for Vick.

Get off the damned field and stop telling people how to run a prayer for goodness sake.

Edit: Adding a direct quote from Reeves,

"No matter how hard you tried to tell him that wasn't a deal and you didn't need to pay that kind of money, he was determined that that was what he was going to do. So that's as much the owner as it is anybody. Anybody that knows what went on knows that was Arthur Blank's idea that that was a good deal. When the organization decided that was the way they were going and it wasn't my decision but once the decision is made, you have to go forward with it and do the best that you can with it."