Rex Ryan WOULD BE A HUGE HUGE MISTAKE

swiftkick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
Id rather give Emmith Thomas a year to see what he can do and wait it out and maybe make a run at Bill Cowher ...

Dude come on...you are proving ignorance is bliss....you have no facts or any proof that he would be a mistake for all you know...he could be the person to right this ship (not saying he is) but you dont KNOW...noone at this point knows....

Twinblade (1/15/2008)
swiftkick (1/15/2008)
Id rather give Emmith Thomas a year to see what he can do and wait it out and maybe make a run at Bill Cowher ...

And you think Jason Garrett is a better choice?

much better ...there is a reason why Ozzie Newsome is on the verge of hiring Garret and lettin Ryan out the backdoor

swiftkick (1/15/2008)

Thomas doesn't want to be our full time coach, he already said that. I don't know how I feel about Ryan right now. I don't think its a bad choice, but I am a little wary of the other DC's from the Ravens and their track record as HC's.

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
Twinblade (1/15/2008)
swiftkick (1/15/2008)

And you think Jason Garrett is a better choice?

much better ...there is a reason why Ozzie Newsome is on the verge of hiring Garret and lettin Ryan out the backdoor

lmao, the ravens are going to realize that they let the best candidate go when Jason Garrett pretty much sinks that team lower.

paul_k (1/15/2008)
How about giving some reasons WHY you think it would be such a huge mistake.

1-Ozzie Newsome is passing on him ( best GM in the league)THAT SHOULD TELL YOU

2-Ryan is considered to be a players coach ( not what we need)

3-Defensive minded when our offense is totally need of rebuilding and solidfying a offensive system that can stay here for the next 7 years

Emmitt said he has not desire to be head coach because he does not like to deal with the media. I would think that he agreed to be the interim head coach just to help the team in the short run. I also would not hold off waiting for Cowher setting the team back another year only to gamble not having success if he would come here. Way to much of a long shot just to keep the progress of team on hold for a year.

grendel (1/15/2008)
I'm glad you got a chance to be negative about everything before it could happen, so if it happens to go wrong you can say "I told you so". It's much tougher to actually have constructive comments, so just stick with your preventative negativity.

Its not about negativety but I call it like I see it...

I have beaten the drum of YKW for the past 3 years and it turns out I was right

I said Rich McKay was leading us down the wrong path-I WAS RIGHT

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
paul_k (1/15/2008)

3-Defensive minded when our offense is totally need of rebuilding and solidfying a offensive system that can stay here for the next 7 years

I think Ozzie passed on him because they need offense big-time. I also don't think a players coach is such a bad thing. I will agree with you on reason 3. I'd prefer an offensive guru myself (that's why I wanted Mike Martz) but as people on the MB often remind me, a HC is responsible for a lot more than Xs and Os.

After watching Garrett get flat-out out-coached by Spags in the playoff game the other night, I am surprised he is still such a hot commodity.

Then again, no I'm not.

And it ain't Newsome that doesn't want Ryan. At least not the way I read it.

The article I read states that the owner doesn't like Ryan's style.

phattywankenobi (1/15/2008)
Emmitt said he has not desire to be head coach because he does not like to deal with the media. I would think that he agreed to be the interim head coach just to help the team in the short run. I also would not hold off waiting for Cowher setting the team back another year only to gamble not having success if he would come here. Way to much of a long shot just to keep the progress of team on hold for a year.

Having to settle for Ryan can set the franchise back further then 1 season.

Dedsquirrl (1/15/2008)
After watching Garrett get flat-out out-coached by Spags in the playoff game the other night, I am surprised he is still such a hot commodity.

Then again, no I'm not.

If Patrick Crayton makes that catch or runs through the pattern with the ball in the end zone

people are singing a diffrent tune

swiftkick (1/15/2008)

First, where in the world did you get that Ryan is a players coach? LOL That tells me that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Second, who's to say that Ryan doesn't have a great OC in line to come on board if he gets the job? Why can Ryan not solidify an offensive system that could stay here for 7 years? Ah, I see....just because he is a defensive guy? Gotcha! LOL

swiftkick (1/15/2008)

you can't be serious, Thomas even said he didn't want to be HC.

He even admitted that he didn't understand what the offense was doing.

I was embarrassed for him when he said that.

He was named HC becasue he was the senior Coach, that was done out of respect.

Factoid:

did you know that Hue jackson was the OC for Steve Spurrier when Spurrier was HC at Washington?

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
grendel (1/15/2008)
I'm glad you got a chance to be negative about everything before it could happen, so if it happens to go wrong you can say "I told you so". It's much tougher to actually have constructive comments, so just stick with your preventative negativity.

Its not about negativety but I call it like I see it...

I have beaten the drum of YKW for the past 3 years and it turns out I was right

I said Rich McKay was leading us down the wrong path-I WAS RIGHT

Hey numb nuts, when your mom said she should have left you at the hospital, SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

paul_k (1/15/2008)
swiftkick (1/15/2008)
paul_k (1/15/2008)

I think Ozzie passed on him because they need offense big-time. I also don't think a players coach is such a bad thing. I will agree with you on reason 3. I'd prefer an offensive guru myself (that's why I wanted Mike Martz) but as people on the MB often remind me, a HC is responsible for a lot more than Xs and Os.

I agree we need a offensive minded head coach that needs to set his own offensive system in place..We have had 3 systems the past 6 years..

Our offense has never been consistent

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
Dedsquirrl (1/15/2008)

Then again, no I'm not.

If Patrick Crayton makes that catch or runs through the pattern with the ball in the end zone

people are singing a diffrent tune

That is def....one thing i will agree with you on....Crayton makes that catch...90% Dallas wins that game...not to mention if their d didnt let them down on tackling....

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
phattywankenobi (1/15/2008)

Having to settle for Ryan can set the franchise back further then 1 season.

Signing Garret would set us back for a **** of a lot more than 1 season.

i would love to see rex as our HC if he brings his brother rob with him. i think that would be pretty good for the team IMO. does anyone know if rex plans on bringing rob in as DC and assistant HC i dont know if rob is aloud to come if it isnt an upgrade to what he is in oakland?? is there a rule about something like that???

ghoticov (1/15/2008)
swiftkick (1/15/2008)

First, where in the world did you get that Ryan is a players coach? LOL That tells me that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Second, who's to say that Ryan doesn't have a great OC in line to come on board if he gets the job? Why can Ryan not solidify an offensive system that could stay here for 7 years? Ah, I see....just because he is a defensive guy? Gotcha! LOL

This past season, the Ravens still had the sixth-best defense while missing their top two cornerbacks (Chris McAlister and Samari Rolle) and their sacks leader from the previous year (defensive tackle Trevor Pryce) for much of the season.

Based on a poll at baltimoresun.com (more than 11,000 votes), Ryan would be well-received by the fans. Last night, former Steelers coach Bill Cowher had 30 percent of the votes while Ryan had 29 percent.

On the day Billick was fired, many players said they wanted Ryan to be head coach.

But being a players' coach doesn't mean Ryan would have a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to conduct on the field, he said.