Falcons out of the running for Jason Garrett?

g-dawg

Garrett reportedly weighing offers

Ravens, Cowboys said to be in competition for Dallas coordinator; he meets again with team officials

By Jamison Hensley | Sun reporter

4:29 PM EST, January 15, 2008

Article tools

E-mail Share

Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Reprints Post comment Text size: Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is reportedly deciding between the Ravens' head coaching job and the Cowboys' counteroffer, which would match the Ravens' salary to stay as offensive coordinator.

The Ravens should have the advantage because they are not only expected to outbid the Cowboys but they can give Garrett a head coaching title.

If Garrett is hired, he likely will name former Miami Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron as his offensive coordinator, a source told The Sun.

Related links

Jason Garrett Photos

Poll: How 'bout this Cowboy?

Should the Ravens hire Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett as their next head coach?

Yes

No

View current results

Sun coverage: Ravens coaching search

O, by the Way: Garrett would breathe excitement into franchise

Ravens Central: Rex Ryan's future

Ravens Central: Is Garrett the right man?

Mike Preston: Hot seat shifts to Newsome

Peter Schmuck: I spy ... very little

Moving the Chains: Rounding up Ravens links, rumors

Coaching candidates Photos

Sun archives: Brian Billick Photos

Talk about it: Ravens coaching search

Share your thoughts on the Ravens' coaching search.

If Jerry Jones is not prepared to offer Jason garrett his head coaching job, then he should stay out of the Ravens' negotiations with Garrett.

Submitted by SRB

3:59 PM EST, Jan 15, 2008

Is bisciotti taking lessons from angelos....go with Mike Singletary..... Why replace one offensive genius with another?

Submitted by g dubbs

3:57 PM EST, Jan 15, 2008

Anybody know how Steve Biscotti made his money? HUMAN RESOURCES!! (i.e. matching people with jobs). As was stated by a wise man in a previous post some days ago, let the pros do their job. If they want Garrett, I'm sure they've done their homework.

Submitted by Eric

3:54 PM EST, Jan 15, 2008

read more comments

Post a comment

Name:

Comments:

Talk about it: Ravens coaching search

There has been speculation that he could hire either Dom Capers or John Harbaugh as his defensive coordinator. Capers is the former Dolphins defensive coordinator, and Harbaugh is the Philadelphia Eagles' secondary coach.

According to a report on ESPN.com, Garrett has been offered the Ravens position but has not made a decision yet. A league source told ESPN.com there is a "60-40' chance Garrett will accept the job.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has communicated to Garrett that he would match the Ravens' financial offer -- without knowing the amount -- if Garrett rejects it, according to ESPN.com.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome went to his car at 4:18 p.m. today to retrieve a suit and when asked twice by reporters if he had a new coach, Newsome replied, "I'm going to the East-West [shrine] game."

Garrett arrived at the Ravens' practice facility at 9:57 this morning to meet with team officials.

Driven to Ravens headquarters, Garrett and his wife, Brill, walked into the players' entrance this morning, where they were greeted by team president **** Cass.

At around 11 a.m., Cass was seen giving Garrett's wife a tour of the team's headquarters and practice facility.

Former Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan arrived at the team's headquarters around 12:45 and walked into the facility while talking on his cell phone. But it is believed that he is no longer a candidate in the Ravens' head coaching search.

Garrett has long been considered the front-runner for the Ravens' job.

Garrett arrived in Baltimore on Monday night and met with team officials.

jamison.hensley@baltsun.com

Baltimoresun.com staff contributed to this report.

More articles

swiftkick (1/15/2008)
from what i heard we are not out of the running but almost our new GM isnt in love with Garret

good, i don't think our new GM should be "in love" with Garrett. I am sure there must be a lot to like about Garrett considering there is so much "buzz" about him and the fact that Jerry Jones is very much in love with Garrett.

Having said that, Garrett just does not have enough of a resume' to me for us to be in love with the guy.

1 year as OC and 3 years coaching experience is extremely thin experience....that is worse than Singletary and I don't want Singletary...