Why does Baltimore want ...

Dont' you think they have a better shot with Ryan ... and wouldn't it be easier for Ryan to take over since he already knows the team, and organization ??? Is Jason that good ??? Hype???

I have been wondering if Jerry Jones will fire Wade Phillips and hire Jason to replace him ... he has an excuse to fire Wade now ... and from what I heard he has been kicking this idea around anyways ... Why hasn't Singletary been interviewed yet ??? I love that man ... I think he needs a shot ...

Tandy Gossett (1/15/2008)
Dont' you think they have a better shot with Ryan ... and wouldn't it be easier for Ryan to take over since he already knows the team, and organization ??? Is Jason that good ??? Hype???

I have been wondering if Jerry Jones will fire Wade Phillips and hire Jason to replace him ... he has an excuse to fire Wade now ... and from what I heard he has been kicking this idea around anyways ... Why hasn't Singletary been interviewed yet ??? I love that man ... I think he needs a shot ...

The Ravens have never had a good offense. The Ravens think Garrett can turn the offense around. Ryan is a defensive guy, that's why there not hiring him. Garrett is a perfect fit for the Ravens and Ryan is a perfect fit for the Falcons. The Falcons need Ryan's strong personality.

Recent history would suggest that Baltimore has more of a need for offensive help (Garrett) than defensive help (Ryan).

Besides, Garrett has alot of experience working with quarterbacks (he was one for a number of years). For all of the things that Billick brought to the table, his biggest weakness was the fact that he couldn't develop a franchise quarterback. Maybe they hope that Garrett has better luck because of his experience?

Probably because they have a young qb in troy smith...and need an offensive minded coach that will be able to develop him....we already know they are pretty good on D and thats all Rex Ryan is...is a dc....they need an Offense.

he hate me (1/15/2008)

The Ravens have never had a good offense. The Ravens think Garrett can turn the offense around. Ryan is a defensive guy, that's why there not hiring him. Garrett is a perfect fit for the Ravens and Ryan is a perfect fit for the Falcons. The Falcons need Ryan's strong personality.

That's it. The Ravens have always been a defensive team which was weird under Billick because he was supposedly an offensive wizard. Therefore, they hired Garrett hoping that they'll improve their offense.

Petrino is NOT my hero (1/15/2008)
Ravens probobly want Garrett because they really don't have a problem on defense... (Ryan specialty)... Their offense is absolutely terrible... (Garret Specialty).... thats just a simple way of looking at it... could be a lot more to it.. but thats just my guess

I agree with you. Frequently teams will hire a new coach who is almost a polar opposite of the previous one. I know Billick was supposed to be an offensive guy but his teams never performed that way at all. So the Ravens desire for an offensive guru is to be expected. I guess they think they can promote a defensive assistant to the DC job if Garrett likes that coach and they can still keep the essence of what Ryan started up there. They probably view is as the best of both worlds.

I figured if he was all that ... then the Tuna would be after him as well ... since he did work with him .

I don't think they worked together. Tuna left last year, this was Garrett's first year with the Cowboys. I think Garrett was at the Dolphins when Tuna was at the Cowboys. I may be wrong.

The same reason we didn't interview Zimmer for the job. Even though I think Zimmer is a good defensive coordinator and would be a good head coach, I think the Falcons just wanted some new blood to seperate themselves from these past 14 months. The Ravens want a new guy also. There were some problems in the locker room with Billick and the players, and sometimes it is just better to start over. If the Falcons hadn't had to endure this 'Vick' mess, and Petrino would have left on good terms, I think Zimmer would have been the leading candidate for the job. Similar scenario with the Ravens.