Norm Chow fired by the Titans.

halsey

Bring him home, Dimitroff!

Ok, i'm just throwing his name out there for discussion. I'm not sure why he was fired, because the Titans were 12 in the NFL in offense even with a young QB......get it? "Young QB! Vince Young...young QB..LOL! So anyway, they were young at QB and dealing with injuries at RB and WR. Anyone know why they fired him?

halsey (1/15/2008)

Ok, i'm just throwing his name out there for discussion. I'm not sure why he was fired, because the Titans were 12 in the NFL in offense even with a young QB......get it? "Young QB! Vince Young...young QB..LOL! So anyway, they were young at QB and dealing with injuries at RB and WR. Anyone know why they fired him?

Here are the Titans offensive rankings from this season.

Offensive Ranking:

Run: 5th (131.8)

Pass: 27th (179.9)

Overall: 21st (311.7)

Points Per Game: 22nd (18.8)

Turnovers:

Give Aways: 34

Would you really want an OC who was once a QB coach and his passing game is ranked next to last. You also have to take Vince Young into account for rushing yards. Same thing went for us when we had Vick. We were ranked high, but mainly because of him. Without Young the Titans would not be 5!

frankthetank966 (1/15/2008)
halsey (1/15/2008)

Offensive Ranking:

Turnovers:

Would you really want an OC who was once a QB coach and his passing game is ranked next to last. You also have to take Vince Young into account for rushing yards. Same thing went for us when we had Vick. We were ranked high, but mainly because of him. Without Young the Titans would not be 5!

The problem was Vince Young, not Chow IMO.

halsey (1/15/2008)

Offensive Ranking:

Turnovers:

vince ran but he didnt run as much as people think he did. oh yea i know why they probably didnt do good passing...who are their big play recievers again?

halsey (1/15/2008)

Offensive Ranking:

Turnovers:

Oh, I see. So take Young into accopunt for rushing yards, but not for the lack of passing yards. That doesn't really make sense to me. Sorry.

bluedevilx34 (1/15/2008)
I would take Chow. His offense's at USC were phenomenal. Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh couldn't have done a better job with Young at QB and a garbage WR corps. Watch out Fischer, Young will get you fired next.

Young's similar to another QB whose name escapes my memory. However, if Chow had trouble being successful in Tennessee, I wouldn't want him in Atlanta. We have our own offensive woes and need someone that has had recent success IMO.

bluedevilx34 (1/15/2008)
I would take Chow. His offense's at USC were phenomenal. Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh couldn't have done a better job with Young at QB and a garbage WR corps. Watch out Fischer, Young will get you fired next.

i doubt young will be fired because he is supposedly their "franchise qb" and will bring fans to the seats but i would tell jeff to keep his guard up because you never know.