Hey guys... let's all be negative

Let's pick apart every second of the video, form some conspiracy theories, and convince ourselves of the worst.

What a way to brighten our day and make us happy! Woohoo!! Really, what good does it do to be negative on the guy's second day on the job? Honestly, we don't know either way if it's going to work out, so we can choose to be negative, which is worthless, or be positive, which will make us feel a lot better...

On second thought, I think I like what Thomas is saying. I like his philosophy and his approach. I'm going to stand behind him. I'm going to believe what he said and what Arthur said. I'm excited about this new partnership and think the Falcons are finally moving inthe right direction...

Oh I've got something...

How can this guy be a good GM with THAT kind of facial hair?! He can't even grow a proper Fu-man-chu! How's he going to be able to determine what we need come April?!

:D

I thought that was about as relavent as guessing how good this guy will be as a GM based on his introductory press conference.

You think we would have all learned a lesson last year when Petirno was introduced as the new HC.

Actions speak louder than words. Let the man do some things before we start bashing him.

And believe me... if I think he's making bad moves... I WILL bash him.

The Cush (1/15/2008)
Let's pick apart every second of the video, form some conspiracy theories, and convince ourselves of the worst.

What a way to brighten our day and make us happy! Woohoo!! Really, what good does it do to be negative on the guy's second day on the job? Honestly, we don't know either way if it's going to work out, so we can choose to be negative, which is worthless, or be positive, which will make us feel a lot better...

On second thought, I think I like what Thomas is saying. I like his philosophy and his approach. I'm going to stand behind him. I'm going to believe what he said and what Arthur said. I'm excited about this new partnership and think the Falcons are finally moving inthe right direction...

I've come to the conclusion that there are some pretty pathetic fans on this message board. How can people be so negative? Geesh!!!!!

wd28 (1/15/2008)
The Cush (1/15/2008)

I've come to the conclusion that there are some pretty pathetic fans on this message board. How can people be so negative? Geesh!!!!!

i dont know but you guys should have been expecting this. no matter what this franchise does there will always be unhappy people. a couple of weeks someone on the board posted something that said "why does it matter who we pick? half of the people will complain anyway so get ready." and that person was right so dont waste your time with the negative posts and be like me....HAPPY WE HAVE A GM AND A PRETTY **** GOOD ONE AT THAT!

People just aren't happy these days I guess.....we could have the Holy Trinity in the FO and people would still gripe.

But I think we got an energetic GM looking to make his mark with 18 yrs of football experience. That coupled with some of his people on the pro-side and the right coach to buy into this philosphy, we may be able to build this team for the positive.

I dont agree with alot of people, I am critical of alot of things but JEEEZ, this bashing/conspiracy theory/crybabying over TD is ridiculous.

Are people so unhappy in their lives that they MUST dig and seek out negativity wherever they look?

I wrote a post about Blank and how I though he was doing much better this year with his GM/Coach search over last years 6 day search which yielded Petrino.

Lots of reads, no responses. Probably because it is positive and paints the owner and new GM in a positive light. Who wants to read that I guess.

This is why the TV news is all BAD NEWS. People want crashes, misery and death.

falcons4life (1/15/2008)
I dont agree with alot of people, I am critical of alot of things but JEEEZ, this bashing/conspiracy theory/crybabying over TD is ridiculous.

Are people so unhappy in their lives that they MUST dig and seek out negativity wherever they look?

I wrote a post about Blank and how I though he was doing much better this year with his GM/Coach search over last years 6 day search which yielded Petrino.

Lots of reads, no responses. Probably because it is positive and paints the owner and new GM in a positive light. Who wants to read that I guess.

Very true.

I have learned that outside events do not make us happy, rather happiness comes from within. It is a choice. There are always two ways to look at things, and I choose the one that will make me happy. When we do this, our lives are so much better.

All of us have one thing in common: We LOVE THIS TEAM! Let's all be positive about it!

falcons4life (1/15/2008)

Dead on with your assessment.

The Cush (1/15/2008)

Yes but wouldn't you JUST ONCE like to see Arthur Blank SHUT THE **** UP! Did he HAVE to break in on the PC to "CLARIFY" who's doing what? **** No! The man cannot STFU!!

You may think it's negative to bring that point up but it's so freaking obvious!

If I was a Falcon fan I'd be estatic that you've got a possibly brilliant young GM with a lot of great ideas, but pissed as **** that you have Blank MAKING sure he let's EVERYONE know who's the boss.

Your owner needs to find another toy to play with. Maybe one of you all can take him to a NASCAR Race. :D

Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)
The Cush (1/15/2008)

Yes but wouldn't you JUST ONCE like to see Arthur Blank SHUT THE **** UP! Did he HAVE to break in on the PC to "CLARIFY" who's doing what? **** No! The man cannot STFU!!

You may think it's negative to bring that point up but it's so freaking obvious!

If I was a Falcon fan I'd be estatic that you've got a possibly brilliant young GM with a lot of great ideas, but pissed as **** that you have Blank MAKING sure he let's EVERYONE know who's the boss.

Your owner needs to find another toy to play with. Maybe one of you all can take him to a NASCAR Race. :D

You look at it one way, but I look at it another way. It's his business, he cares about it, and he wants to be involved. I see nothing wrong with him clarifying things in a Press Conference. He has always been media friendly...

The Cush (1/15/2008)You look at it one way, but I look at it another way. It's his business, he cares about it, and he wants to be involved. I see nothing wrong with him clarifying things in a Press Conference. He has always been media friendly...

Yeah, It's really been working for him so far, hasn't it! BTW, Where the **** is that wheelchair?:D

Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)
The Cush (1/15/2008)You look at it one way, but I look at it another way. It's his business, he cares about it, and he wants to be involved. I see nothing wrong with him clarifying things in a Press Conference. He has always been media friendly...

Yeah, It's really been working for him so far, hasn't it! BTW, Where the **** is that wheelchair?:D

I think Blank has and is learning on the job, no doubt he has made some mistakes... He's still relatively young in the NFL Ownership business, but I know he cares and is committed, and I applause him for his persistence.

The Cush (1/15/2008)
Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)

I think Blank has and is learning on the job, no doubt he has made some mistakes... He's still relatively young in the NFL Ownership business, but I know he cares and is committed, and I applause him for his persistence.

Like the old addage, "Throw enough ***t on the wall eventually some of it's going to stick".:D Yeah, that's Artie alright. I tip my hat to you that you can sit by and watch his ego screw up one situation after another.

Cush, you are right on!!

I'll go ahead and say that once again, the stupidity of this board shows it's ugly colors. For a lot of people....damned if we do and damned if we don't. It's plain and simple stupidity, and in the immortal words of Ron White, "You can't fix stupid"!!

Honestly, sometimes the negativity on these boards just eats me alive, and makes me really ponder what their homelife must be like.

Shame on some of you!! We finally make a great move in hiring a young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable guy to be our new GM and all you can do is moan, cry, complain, whine, and be big freakin' babies!:angry:

Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)
The Cush (1/15/2008)

Better yet, Johnnybuc -- maybe you can go play with yourself! AND, since you're not a Falcon fan, don't go stickin' your nose where it doesn't belong!!

Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)
The Cush (1/15/2008)

I would love to see Johnnybuc go back to trolling on the Tampa message board and quit wasting the time of true Falcons fans.

loozianafalcon (1/15/2008)
Johnnybuc (1/15/2008)

Better yet, Johnnybuc -- maybe you can go play with yourself! AND, since you're not a Falcon fan, don't go stickin' your nose where it doesn't belong!!

:D:D

The Cush (1/15/2008)
Open Source (1/15/2008)
Okay...00. There's a negative for you. I'll be impressed if anyone figures that out. :)
Isn't 00 like "off" and 01 like "on?"

Man, you're fast. That was awesome, and you are correct. 00 is a fully closed switch, or off. Also being in a "negative" state, cause it's not allowing anything to pass (I'll avoid going into Boolean variables here). I could have probabaly just put 0, but that may have been more confusing. Awesome job! You get a cookie. :)