Norm Chow fired

atljbo

Titans fired offensive coordinator Norm Chow.

Chow, who had previously worked as offensive coordinator at USC was with the team for three years. The Titans finished the season 21st in total offense, and their season was marked by Vince Young's (9 TD, 17 INT) struggles at quarterback. Chow was recently rumored to be interested in the head coaching job at University of Hawaii, but has not applied.

Source: espn.com

I predicted when he came in the league that Vince Young would end up being loved at first, then hated and blamed for everything before it's all said and done just like Vick. And lookey, lookey, folks are already calling him a whatever "killer" like they did Vick. If the Titans defense is ranked DEAD LAST and the offense improves next season, he will still get the blame for the team not making the playoffs and will be villafied, just like Vick. You have "other" QB's who come in the league, be in the league for YEARS and not do squat and they never get the same criticism certain QB's get. Look at Alex Smith, he was hyped as being the next whatever, hadn't done a freaking thing and no one calls him "dumb" or "unable to read defenses". When "they" fail, its never about smarts, its "their arm wasn't strong enough" or they physically couldn't hang. Straight bull. Joey Harrington and his noodle arm will still have a job in this league long after Vince. He'll be collecting checks riding someone's bench for the next ten years like Vinny Testerverde, while Vince, once they chew him up, spit him out, and make him look like he was the dumbest thing to ever pick up a football, won't be able to even be a waterboy in this league. Just watch, they already, in his SECOND year in the league, starting to question whether he is capable of playing the QB position. YEAR TWO? While "other" QBs get years to develop into winners. How many did they give Peyton? exactly my point.

atljbo (1/15/2008)
Titans fired offensive coordinator Norm Chow.

Chow, who had previously worked as offensive coordinator at USC was with the team for three years. The Titans finished the season 21st in total offense, and their season was marked by Vince Young's (9 TD, 17 INT) struggles at quarterback. Chow was recently rumored to be interested in the head coaching job at University of Hawaii, but has not applied.

Source: espn.com

I never had any interest in Chow. I always thought he was a good OC or QB coach nothing else.

snicker (1/15/2008)
Norm Chow as OC would be awesome. Let him choose his QB too. I know he wanted Leinart instead of Vince Young, but they drafted VY anyway. Norm Chow developed some really good QBs in the past

IN THE NFL YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT ....... NOT WITH WHAT YOU WISH YOU HAD. IT IS A HARD UN-FEELING BUSINESS. CHOW WILL BE OK.:)