Jerry Jones will match any dollar amount to keep Garrett

solidx

BlacksburgHokie (1/15/2008)
I would think it's going to take a little bit more than money to keep him in Dallas...

There is a difference between being an assitant that is paid like a HC, and being a HC that is paid like a HC.

Baltimore is a great spot for anyone to fall into to be a HC. They have one of the best GMs, their roster is in pretty good shape, and they have a strong fan base.

In Dallas all he would have is the promise that he would become the HC. What is that old saying about a bird in the hand? Plus he would have to deal with Jerry Jones as owner/GM, who has always been an interfering PITA as far as the football operations in Dallas go.

I imagine his job in Dallas wouldn't be that personally comfortable next year. Can you imagine working for someone (Wade Phillips) knowing your boss has told you he is going to fire him and give you his job in a year? Knowing that Wade must know that also? Would make me feel kind of slimey to be in that type of situation.