Beau Bell or Curtis Lofton?

I didn't have time to get any clip pics but these two guys are the most "pro-ready" ILBs i've seen and due to Laurainitis staying the position WILL be pretty light...i was told that if Bell came out last year he may have been picked ahead of Patrick Willis so that's who i want with our early-mid 2nd Round pick...what do you guys think? WE REALLY NEED THIS POSITION FILLED!!!

Don't we need to wait and see who the coach is? If we end up with a guy like Rex Ryan, we will more than likely start a transition to the 3-4, because Dimitroff is from a 3-4, as is Ryan. If that is the case, we may be better off attempting to switch Boley to 3-4 MLB.

we would be doing ourselves a BIG injustice moving Boley inside.

I think he would be a better 3-4 OLB than he is a 4-3 OLB.

He would be a 10+ sack guy every year IMO. The guy used to play DE for us in pass rush situations for goodness sakes. He is made to be a 3-4 OLB!!!

Abraham on one side and Boley on the other.....both can rush the passer and drop into coverage. It would be nightmares for defenses, especially if they had to double Chris Long on every play too. :w00t:

Maybe look at Nicholas inside, since he is a youngin still. But I think we should get a ILB no matter what the scheme. Of the 2 listed I would take Lofton hands down. I also like Erin Henderson and Phillip Wheeler.

1989fan (1/15/2008)
we would be doing ourselves a BIG injustice moving Boley inside.

I think he would be a better 3-4 OLB than he is a 4-3 OLB.

He would be a 10+ sack guy every year IMO. The guy used to play DE for us in pass rush situations for goodness sakes. He is made to be a 3-4 OLB!!!

Abraham on one side and Boley on the other.....both can rush the passer and drop into coverage. It would be nightmares for defenses, especially if they had to double Chris Long on every play too. :w00t:

Maybe look at Nicholas inside, since he is a youngin still. But I think we should get a ILB no matter what the scheme. Of the 2 listed I would take Lofton hands down. I also like Erin Henderson and Phillip Wheeler.

I think Boley will have to be an ILB in the 3-4. He is not big enough to play on the outside in that scheme. Boley weighs around 235, while the average OLB in that system weighs at least 250. Basically if your not big enough to play DE in the 4-3, you can't play OLB in the 3-4.

If we were to sign Terrell Suggs from Baltimore, we could have Abe and Suggs on the outside with Boley and Brooking on the inside.